Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The streak continues (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29137)

Gabe213 05-20-2016 07:23 PM

The streak continues

Hit up LJ this morning hopeful of landing another yellowtail, upon arrival I was debating turning around and going home. There were 4' waves braking 40-50' out and the wind was blowing. My ass had on shorts and a t-shirt(I forgot my sweater), I new it was going to be a cold day but said f-it! I timed it as best as I could and went for it, about 50' out thinking I was in the clear here comes one of those now 5' waves. I thought I was done! I peddled my ass off and managed to go over it as it was breaking, looking back I was amazed on how many people were charging these waves.

Once out bait was easy to make, a mix of greenbacks and spanish macks. Five minutes into trolling a mack I see yellows blowing up on red crabs, I threw the surface iron and trolled right threw them for no love. The next two hours was spent trolling up and down some big ass swells. To be honest after that I was done, I had gone to the corner and south quite a bit.

I decided it was time to go back in as the weather was only getting worse, easy 10' swells. On the way in about 70' of water my reel started singing that favorite song of ours zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! This thing dumped 3/4 of my spool in one run, the best thing was feeling the spectra saw threw the kelp three different times. My new personal best 32lb, I tied everything down and headed in.

As I was approaching the surf I could see that the waves were still there, with my cheeks puckered I proceeded. Checked everything again and went for it, made it pretty close to have a wave catch me and nose dive my pro angler. You guys know the rest, only lost an iron and a few weights. My yellowtail was half way out the front hatch, I was stoked to see everything was in tact and my fish still there. Once on the beach I couldn't help but sit back and enjoy all the chaos. I saw a couple on a tandem charge the waves, they hit a pretty big wave the front was almost vertical. This chick rolled back over her boyfriend and was gone! The best was seeing a kayak come in surfing a wave perfectly with nobody home, I'm sorry but I was laughing my ass off poor guy was a good 60' out. I'm Fucking rolling just thinking about it! Be safe guys!

I did meet a cool cat on shore, sorry I'm not good with names unless you have well you now(female). We both played it safe and stayed within sight of each other most of the day.

Gabe213 05-20-2016 07:35 PM

LJ

1 Attachment(s)
:reeling:

Gabe213 05-20-2016 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:reel:

Darrell 05-20-2016 07:54 PM

Great job, you are on a roll. Even sweeter and well deserved after braving those conditions. I was going to go but checked the webcam and passed. It looked pretty nasty throughout the day and those sets were close together.

Gabe213 05-20-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell (Post 261585)
Great job, you are on a roll. Even sweeter and well deserved after braving those conditions. I was going to go but checked the webcam and passed. It looked pretty nasty throughout the day and those sets were close together.

Thanks Darrell, now I want one of those :wsb: in your pic!

760slayer 05-20-2016 08:39 PM

Nice work! Was it on a fly line or dropper loop?

Silbaugh4liberty 05-20-2016 08:55 PM

Nice job! Congrats on the pb

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Scoot 05-20-2016 08:56 PM

Good job bro way to charge!

FISH11 05-20-2016 09:18 PM

Man you are definitely on a roll. I love your attitude on going out. That is often the best answer when the surf looks a bit high "Fu**it!" just go for it. The big swells don't bother me, it's the high wind chop the pisses me off. Well earned fish, Gabe.

murphy 05-21-2016 06:28 AM

Way to push through the crappie conditions. Risks and rewards. Nice catch

Geno Machino 05-21-2016 06:40 AM

Congratulations! :yt:

You are a better man than I...Nice work!

:yt:

Geno

Gabe213 05-21-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 760slayer (Post 261587)
Nice work! Was it on a fly line or dropper loop?

Thanks, it was on a fly line slow trolling a greenie.

Gabe213 05-21-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISH11 (Post 261590)
Man you are definitely on a roll. I love your attitude on going out. That is often the best answer when the surf looks a bit high "Fu**it!" just go for it. The big swells don't bother me, it's the high wind chop the pisses me off. Well earned fish, Gabe.

Thanks brotha! Your exactly right about the swells they can be fun don't mind them myself, it was just that damn wind making it choppy ass hell.

1lastcast?94 05-21-2016 10:33 AM

Congrats!

(a D u B) 05-21-2016 04:01 PM

Haha awesome story, I was laughing at the end. You're the man, great fish.

760slayer 05-21-2016 09:24 PM

Thanks Gabe213, need all the info I can get 5 trip out and no YT or thresher.
The wife is starting to think I'm not really fishing..lol!

Gabe213 05-22-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno Machino (Post 261596)
You are a better man than I...Nice work!

:yt:

Geno

Thanks Geno, see you on the water amigo! Going to give it a try on Wednesday before my trip to San Francisco on Thursday, really hope the wind dies down.:cheers1:

jmsgofish 05-24-2016 08:47 AM

Hey Gabe, this is Jonathan. I'm the guy who hung out with you last Friday. That's so awesome that you got one! You're on a hot streak for sure!

I'm headed out on tomorrow (Wednesday) as well. The swell looks much better!

Gabe213 05-24-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmsgofish (Post 261756)
Hey Gabe, this is Jonathan. I'm the guy who hung out with you last Friday. That's so awesome that you got one! You're on a hot streak for sure!

I'm headed out on tomorrow (Wednesday) as well. The swell looks much better!

Hey what's up Jonathan? I was right behind you when I hooked up, you had just passed the boat. The swells should be a lot better, I'm just hoping the wind dies down. Good meeting you out there bud :cheers1:.