Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Asuncion Today (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29899)

rossman 08-30-2016 02:02 PM

Asuncion Today

1 Attachment(s)
Not a bad day of fishing today. The quality yellowtail have been conspicuously absent for me for a few months. I have been getting one or two here and there but all in the 12 to 18 pound range. Today I really got into the nicer grade fish. Was planning on harvesting one today if I caught one, but they were so aggressive that 3 additional ones swallowed my offering and were bleeding profusely. I caught a total of 6. Released 2 and gave 3 away to some pangeros at the launch. I had a shot at a very large fish. Had him to the yak a couple times but could not land him. The jig was not visible so ultimately he abraded the line and it parted. Without a doubt a personal best. 50+

Attachment 20023

YakHanded 08-30-2016 02:35 PM

An epic day by any standards. Glad you got into the good ones, you'll catch that 50+er again and he'll have some jewelry hanging from his mouth for you to recover....making it that much more gratifying:notworthy:

carbonbass 08-30-2016 02:49 PM

Very neat reading your reports, did you permanently relocate down there? Also, in terms of safety type stuff, is there like a coast guard that would help you if you were in danger? Or is this sort of fishing at your own risk with no safety net per say?

rossman 08-30-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbonbass (Post 268234)
Very neat reading your reports, did you permanently relocate down there? Also, in terms of safety type stuff, is there like a coast guard that would help you if you were in danger? Or is this sort of fishing at your own risk with no safety net per say?

Pretty much at your own risk however the fleet of pangeros, whether they be fishing, abalone diving or lobstering really watch out for each other and for me and getting their attention either visually or on the vhf is pretty easy. Not sure how permanent I am here. Been here going on 2 years. I keep telling folks I am just passing through but have been given no reason to leave.

FISH11 08-30-2016 03:13 PM

That's awesome rossman. Going on two year and no reason to leave sound like paradise. Thanks for sharing

makobob 08-30-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 268236)
Pretty much at your own risk however the fleet of pangeros, whether they be fishing, abalone diving or lobstering really watch out for each other and for me and getting their attention either visually or on the vhf is pretty easy. Not sure how permanent I am here. Been here going on 2 years. I keep telling folks I am just passing through but have been given no reason to leave.

Living the LIFE.

Congrats on the tails, of course you know they will all fit in th new yak at the same time with room for your rods too............tight lines amigo.

Fishin Phil 08-30-2016 04:20 PM

Logs.

chris138 08-30-2016 07:28 PM

I predict 50 yaks in the lineup tomorrow morning!

Oh wait... :cheers1:

Ro12 08-30-2016 09:59 PM

Awesome catch
Would love to feel what a 50# is like on my line
That's gotta be a tough fight
Congrats on the beauties you did land

nickc5 08-31-2016 03:46 PM

Badass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnMckroidJr 09-01-2016 08:40 PM

Nice catch, Thanks for the report, better luck next time on the monster mossback.

dpliska 09-02-2016 11:14 AM

Good Quality

Glad to hear the larger units finally showed. Well done:cheers1:
You will get that PB soon.

Druko 09-02-2016 02:15 PM

Nice! I'm thinking of coming down to Abreojos. Just waiting to see when my next job is. What's the water temp?

rossman 09-02-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 268404)
Nice! I'm thinking of coming down to Abreojos. Just waiting to see when my next job is. What's the water temp?

We have had a blob of cold water here in the Asuncion area that has stuck with us for most of the spring and summer. It was 63.5 yesterday. I was at Punta Eugenia a week or so ago and it was 76 there. There was a fishing tourney in La Bocana a week or so ago and several wahoo were caught so I am sure there and Abreojos is quite a bit warmer than here.

MITCHELL 09-02-2016 04:09 PM

Nice.....

4 YT....s from a yak I would think that was a hell of a workout....good job wish I was there.:luxhello:

Druko 09-03-2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 268408)
We have had a blob of cold water here in the Asuncion area that has stuck with us for most of the spring and summer. It was 63.5 yesterday. I was at Punta Eugenia a week or so ago and it was 76 there. There was a fishing tourney in La Bocana a week or so ago and several wahoo were caught so I am sure there and Abreojos is quite a bit warmer than here.

Awesome! Thanks for the report. I'd I end up coming down maybe I'll stop by Asuncion for a day or two. I was there 2 years ago and really liked it

rossman 09-03-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 268424)
Awesome! Thanks for the report. I'd I end up coming down maybe I'll stop by Asuncion for a day or two. I was there 2 years ago and really liked it

That would be great. Not sure what your schedule is but I am leaving for the states on Wednesday for a couple weeks so I hope I don't miss you. Keep in touch.

Druko 09-03-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 268425)
That would be great. Not sure what your schedule is but I am leaving for the states on Wednesday for a couple weeks so I hope I don't miss you. Keep in touch.

I don't think it will be until after the 15th of Sept. Ideally, my target dates are in October. I'll keep you posted

Druko 09-19-2016 10:04 AM

Looking to come down your way this Sat. Let me know if you received my pm?

Zed 09-19-2016 10:24 AM

Hes travelling today.