Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LJ Sat 8/1...no fish (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=26448)

Irishman 08-01-2015 01:58 PM

LJ Sat 8/1...no fish

Tough time making bait, cheers to guys on the way in who handed off 8 or so Spanish. Flyline live bait for three or so hours, very little sign of life....except a 6-8ft hammerhead that was crushing the NW end. On the water at 7, off at 1.
Saw Team Sewer head honcho not too happy on the beach, no fish for him either.

Tandem Assassin 08-01-2015 03:24 PM

Saw Team Sewer head honcho not too happy on the beach, no fish for him either.[/QUOTE]

Guess you could call that a "royal flush"...:D

Ohiostreetz 08-01-2015 03:33 PM

Same here hit water at 8 and went out in search of bait and it was a no go so lost all hope and cut it short back again tomorrow.

ful-rac 08-01-2015 05:52 PM

Hey I caught a shark.....:eek:

I had a couple of encounters with fairly large hammerheads this morning...first one got chewed off after about 5 minutes and the second one coulda made the news :eek:....but after I saw what it was I just thumbed it and broke it off...surprisingly not easy to do. But not before giving me one hell of a slayride...I swear as long and as hard as it pulled...I'm not even sure it even knew it was hooked....

TJones 08-01-2015 05:59 PM

Jorge is gonna whip your tail

If he he finds out your claiming to be "head honcho". :D.
Thanks for report guys.

Irishman 08-01-2015 07:32 PM

It's nice to see ppl on the forum in real life. I was in the load up yak and get home mode. I need to win the lotto and get a PA. The xfactor is getting a little tedious with paddling.....or I'm just out of shape.
Anyways, it was a good first time paddle since January. I'm now focused on losing weigth and getting back into paddle shape.

FISH11 08-01-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishman (Post 236021)
It's nice to see ppl on the forum in real life. I was in the load up yak and get home mode. I need to win the lotto and get a PA. The xfactor is getting a little tedious with paddling.....or I'm just out of shape.
Anyways, it was a good first time paddle since January. I'm now focused on losing weigth and getting back into paddle shape.

You are out of shape! If you don't paddle at least once a week, your body isn't in shape for distance paddling. How could you have waited all this time since January with all the post of Yellows and BFT. The answer of winning the lottery is something I always wish for, but the real answer is, we just need to fish more often.

Joetorres 08-04-2015 06:59 AM

Neewbie..

Ok I went out to la jolla on this day and I was next to a guy that hooked the hammerhead .. it was my first time ever out there I was scared sh...ess . On the other hand I hear people talking about different types of live baits. Can some one explain the difirence and types.. sorry for the dum question I'm new at fishing and kayaking... I usually go on charter boats but I find kayaking alot funner

octico 08-04-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetorres (Post 236291)
Ok I went out to la jolla on this day and I was next to a guy that hooked the hammerhead .. it was my first time ever out there I was scared sh...ess . On the other hand I hear people talking about different types of live baits. Can some one explain the difirence and types.. sorry for the dum question I'm new at fishing and kayaking... I usually go on charter boats but I find kayaking alot funner

Check this out

Joetorres 08-04-2015 07:23 PM

Thank you I really apreciate it

captnblood34 08-05-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 236012)
If he he finds out your claiming to be "head honcho". :D.
Thanks for report guys.

My thoughts exactly HA