Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Creamy Caper White Sea Bass (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=32775)

NICKWORN 04-09-2018 05:57 PM

Creamy Caper White Sea Bass

2 Attachment(s)
Thought I’d share this recipe since it was Aaaaaaaamazing!

1- Can of Coconut Milk( not the lite kind )
3/4- cup of heavy whipping cream... add more if u like thicker
1/2- cup of white wine( I used Chardonnay )
Slowly simmer while cutting veggies:
- yellow, red or green pepper
- onion
- Bella mushrooms
- jar of capers( poured juice out )

Mix all togeather and continue simmering, add salt and peeper to taste.

In a skillet sear 1/2-3/4 fillets in coconut oil. Nice golden brown on each side but somewhat raw in the middle. Place in pan with sauce and simmer for 10-15 min!

Probably amazing with some jasmin rice but I’m on that keto diet, hints the coconut milk and whipping cream combo.

:cheers1::wsb:

steveooo 04-10-2018 07:56 AM

In my best Yani imitation... "INSANE!" :luxhello:

YakHanded 04-10-2018 09:48 AM

Whoaaaaaa MAMA!!!

now just need the wsb so I can try.

summers in kuwait 04-10-2018 08:37 PM

Dude.. that looks so good! Gotta try it.

Saba Slayer 04-11-2018 05:39 AM

but did you scan the head...?

Yea...but did you have the WSB head scanned...?

BigTunaL 04-11-2018 08:13 AM

Looks delicious. I have all ingredients except the WSB, I need to hook one soon :reeling:

NICKWORN 04-11-2018 09:22 AM

The head

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saba Slayer (Post 292029)
Yea...but did you have the WSB head scanned...?

The head is in my freezer, my Filipino in-laws would kill:mad: if I gave their Sinigang Head away to a research institute, sorry bro!

Saba Slayer 04-11-2018 09:46 AM

scan

If it's frozen then just put it in a cooler and run it over to the Carlsbad (760-434-9501) or Mission Bay (619-226-3943) facilities and have em scan the head for a tag...if it comes out negative you can make soup...it should only take a few minutes if you call in advance and set it up...chances are it will be negative but you never know...look at Greg's fish...You just might get your photo in WON and an article centered around you.

We all pay for this program when we buy a saltwater stamp so we might as well support it. :cheers1:

dos ballenas 04-12-2018 09:29 AM

scan

Or you can swing by the Southwest Fisheries Science Center just up the hill from Scripps pier and we can scan it for you. It's really easy and takes only a few seconds. :luxhello::wsb:

The more we know about these fish the better! Who knows what stories your fish could be waiting to tell....

dos ballenas 04-17-2018 09:47 AM

I would also be happy to show you around the lab here at the SWFSC. We have a lot of research on California yellowtail going on.... we have a couple hundred yellowtail in our research aquarium that were spawned in captivity which are a lot of fun to check out!