Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Carlsbad yellowtail? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29393)

TheBoyScout 06-24-2016 04:20 PM

Carlsbad yellowtail?

Has anyone had any experience fishing north county San Diego for yellowtail? If so where is a good place to launch and do you guys know if there are homegirls around the kelp orrrr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YakDout 06-24-2016 04:30 PM

Yes they are around. Surf launch teramar or like beaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geno Machino 06-24-2016 05:55 PM

You might want to wait and let the swell die...

MITCHELL 06-24-2016 06:56 PM

At the foot of Carlsbad village Dr there is a small parking lot.....right above the beach

I have stopped there in the early morning to check conditions and seen a lot of do...able days I have never launched their yet if I lived in North county I would try it kelp lobster boats lots of sea life could get ugly in the afternoon and not sure if the locals would want you parking there long public parking....maybe 50 parking spots

PescadorPete 06-24-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoyScout (Post 264047)
Do you guys know if there are homegirls around the kelp orrrr?

Lots of home girls up here in North County, all bikini clad. One of the perks of living here :) :p ;)

MITCHELL 06-24-2016 10:34 PM

Carlsbad village Dr

3 Attachment(s)
Two paddle boarders

Murray 06-25-2016 02:22 AM

Smallest surf usually found opposite of Encina Power Plant(now the desal plant) just south of the southernmost jetty. You can park on Carlsbad Blvd but get there early during the summer.

surfisher 06-25-2016 09:22 AM

Any kelp line will hold fish, it's a matter of putting in time to find them.

Dirty Curti 06-25-2016 10:56 AM

I've been out several times this year for no love. The kelp is scarce, the bait is few and the sea life is minimal so far this year. But when the swell dies down I will be at it again.

HobieOneCanoebe 06-25-2016 05:03 PM

north county

Anyone wanna go out tommorow? I'll be heading out of tabletops probably 2-dark I have a good spot marked out there I saw a mako jump there last week

HobieOneCanoebe 06-25-2016 05:05 PM

wsb

If the wind is up tomorrow I'll be going out at the ymca I don't mind the swell though I have a good launch spot:wsb:

surfisher 06-25-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HobieOneCanoebe (Post 264104)
If the wind is up tomorrow I'll be going out at the ymca I don't mind the swell though I have a good launch spot:wsb:

Better time it good, the surf was big and amazing this afternoon.

Mr_Fixit 06-26-2016 10:37 PM

Swell

Quote:

Originally Posted by HobieOneCanoebe (Post 264103)
Anyone wanna go out tommorow? I'll be heading out of tabletops probably 2-dark I have a good spot marked out there I saw a mako jump there last week

I went out today. The surf was VERY high. If you time it right, you can probably get out between sets, but if you are off, then.. ouch.. So, I went to Oceanside Harbor instead. Wind was not an issue until after noon. Anyway, the fishing was not great. It was nice to get out though.

I AM looking for a trip next weekend. Anyone wants a partner to head out with them, let me know. I am always game.

HobieOneCanoebe 06-28-2016 05:48 PM

sunday

I ended up going to ymca lagoon still fun I have sunday off I'm gonna get some yt out of solona beach :yt: I hope. I'll be out there this week though messing around with some calicos before work if anyone wants to join the swim bait carnage feel free...bring multiple swimbaits of the same color I often have shorts take the paddle tail right off on the first cast of the day maybe that's just my luck hahah