Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Helping the next generation (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=22802)

Seanbarnett 07-30-2014 02:55 PM

Helping the next generation

Im 16 years old, go to palisades high school and i love to fish, no one else in my family does so its hard for me to get out on the water and no one to teach me anything, I bought a fishing kayak hoping to get out more often but i dont really know what i'm doing. If anyone has any old gear that they don't need anymore I'm looking to buy but i don't have much money left, and if you are going out and willing to let me tag along and teach me some stuff it would be very helpful. I have a truck too so if you live near me in Los angeles i could pick you and your gear up and drive us to La Jolla or anywhere you want to go.

Jkfish136 07-30-2014 06:17 PM

I have a penn jig master 500 used once with a shimano rod you can have for $50.

Silbaugh4liberty 07-30-2014 06:51 PM

gotta love the jigmaster!!

1 Attachment(s)
Caught this guy on Saturday trolling the cedar plug on my buddy's boat with the trusty Penn jigmaster 500!!

cell128 07-30-2014 09:49 PM

Nice tuna!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Silbaugh4liberty 07-30-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cell128 (Post 201838)
Nice tuna!!!

Thanks bro, I'm hoping to get back out there for more!! Haven't taken the yak out in a few weeks. How about you?

cell128 07-30-2014 10:12 PM

Havent had a chance..I was gonna go to LJ tomorrow but had to come into work tonight. I'm gonna try n get on a cattle boat though my buddy went yesterday and between him,his bro and dad got 12 yellowfin tunas....

Silbaugh4liberty 07-30-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cell128 (Post 201841)
Havent had a chance..I was gonna go to LJ tomorrow but had to come into work tonight. I'm gonna try n get on a cattle boat though my buddy went yesterday and between him,his bro and dad got 12 yellowfin tunas....

That's bad ass! ! I'm planning on going on one not this weekend, but the next. My buddy is coming down from Bakersfield and wants to go, so we gotta make it happen! I want more tuna!! I picked up my daiwa lexa 400 matched with a daiwa proteus heavy 8' rod, nice and light but tough enough for the big ones. Got it loaded with 65 lb super slick and picked up a bunch of surface irons and some waxwings in case of some surface boils. It'll be perfect for la jolla yellowtail. Haven't made it down there yet.

oneyedeer 07-31-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanbarnett (Post 201790)
Im 16 years old, go to palisades high school and i love to fish, no one else in my family does so its hard for me to get out on the water and no one to teach me anything, I bought a fishing kayak hoping to get out more often but i dont really know what i'm doing. If anyone has any old gear that they don't need anymore I'm looking to buy but i don't have much money left, and if you are going out and willing to let me tag along and teach me some stuff it would be very helpful. I have a truck too so if you live near me in Los angeles i could pick you and your gear up and drive us to La Jolla or anywhere you want to go.

not a bad trade free ride and a fishing partner!

just post on discussion where and when you want to go and put it on the title....plenty of guys on this board will more then welcome a fishing partner....it's just safer that way