Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hobie i12s Inflatible Kayak Leak (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=20735)

TomOgg 01-29-2014 08:43 AM

Hobie i12s Inflatible Kayak Leak

Hi newbie here. I live in Punta Mita, Mexico for part of the year and my Hobie i12s has developed a leak in the forward most part of the kayak inside the hatch area. I also live in San Diego the rest of the time. Here is my question. The kayak is 4 years old but is still in good shape other than the leak. Is there someone that works on these, or is it worth bringing it back to San Diego at all? Appreciate any help that you can give. GREAT forum BTW.

makobob 01-29-2014 10:06 AM

Try OEX Sunset Beach, Good guys and they make this site available to us!!!!

TomOgg 01-29-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 180650)
Try OEX Sunset Beach, Good guys and they make this site available to us!!!!

Thanks a bunch! I think I will bring it back to San Diego on my next trip. And, thanks OEX for this forum.

tacmik 01-29-2014 02:48 PM

If you live in San Diego, save the trip north and go to the OEX in mission bay.

TomOgg 01-30-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacmik (Post 180666)
If you live in San Diego, save the trip north and go to the OEX in mission bay.

Actually I live in Punta Mita, Mexico this time of the year. I am an old surfer and the water in San Diego is just too cold for me. Punta Mita has great surf and great fishing too. Thanks for the advice though. I will take it to OEX in Mission Bay. Know right where it is.

LPetro 02-01-2014 08:48 PM

I recently started working on these I can't quite remember the exact year they had issues with, but they made a patch/ reinforcement kit that was applied by the customer or a dealer inside the haul hatch. I know this because I've had customers inquiring about the same issue. I have patch kits in the shop I work at and I believe most dealers may still. It's wourth giving the factory a call and seeing what route they recoment going with.

TomOgg 02-03-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPetro (Post 180953)
I recently started working on these I can't quite remember the exact year they had issues with, but they made a patch/ reinforcement kit that was applied by the customer or a dealer inside the haul hatch. I know this because I've had customers inquiring about the same issue. I have patch kits in the shop I work at and I believe most dealers may still. It's wourth giving the factory a call and seeing what route they recoment going with.

Thanks a ton. I hope to get it fixed without spending a ton of money.