Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   WSB CPR X 2 AND CALIS (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29805)

pingpangdang 08-15-2016 06:46 PM

WSB CPR X 2 AND CALIS

3 Attachment(s)
Continued fishing plastics for bass and haven't targeted tails for a while or messed with live bait...

Been getting short whites every other trip while fishing for calis. Double digit calis with a few 15-17". Bonito and cudas in the mix. Had a good window for an hour with hits almost every cast.

Beautiful fish...whites released full of red crab.

Have not seen many posts lately....maybe I'll get back into the tails before winter hits. The year is zipping by.

Attachment 19941Attachment 19942Attachment 19943

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

stairman 08-15-2016 06:59 PM

please release short white sea bass with out taking them out of the water or touching them if at all possible they are among the most delicate fish and that one laying in your kayak has a bout a 50/50 chance of dying

pingpangdang 08-15-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stairman (Post 267406)
please release short white sea bass with out taking them out of the water or touching them if at all possible they are among the most delicate fish and that one laying in your kayak has a bout a 50/50 chance of dying

100% when you have dogs around you...

Sully1 08-15-2016 07:19 PM

Thanks for the report.

fishnfoool 08-15-2016 07:28 PM

Dogs gotta eat too!!!

There is a lack of reports because someone always has to tell the one who posted the report that they did something wrong.

I thought this was the reports section?
General discussions should be where the tutorials should be

pingpangdang 08-15-2016 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnfoool (Post 267409)
Dogs gotta eat too!!!

There is a lack of reports because someone always has to tell the one who posted the report that they did something wrong.

I thought this was the reports section?
General discussions should be where the tutorials should be

I think that has driven a lot of users from posting here anymore....i have contemplated moving on myself.

Guys get bashed for legal limits on wsb and stop posting etc.

I've been wondering what and where the old guard are up to...tired of the haters? Bought a boat? Moved out of state? Lost interest? Who knows....

Loved reading dark horse posts and some of scallywags on the fly night op adventures. Only a few left.... think I will just stick to fishing and move on from the forums. Last post for the archives.

MITCHELL 08-15-2016 09:08 PM

Thanks for the report

:wsb: think I'll start fishing plastics only make one mackerel today for sloppy conditions Monday

fishnfoool 08-15-2016 11:28 PM

Don't stop posting. We are the ones who should post more whenever we can. We have to encourage others to post also.

Aaron&Julie 08-16-2016 01:13 AM

Thanks for the great report, keep 'em coming even if people dog you.

Always easy to criticize from the sidelines.

Yeah, it totally makes sense to gently lay your short whites on deck with dogs around to unhook before releasing. You could then time your release to give the white a chance to speed away before being caught.

Not only would a dog snatch any fish 1/2 out of the water, they'd also jump up if the white was dangling completely in the air. This could possibly screw up your gear and cause a seriously dangerous situation. Good call on your release.

For those that continue to report thanks. We hope to being spending some time on the water soon, and provide reports like we have in the past. Lack of fishing :( means lack of reporting in our case.

Snags 08-16-2016 05:46 AM

Thanks for the report

PapaDave 08-16-2016 06:16 AM

Where were you fishing?

Iceman 08-16-2016 10:09 AM

there is a fine line between criticizing and educating............I would consider this the latter, mostly because you took the time to snap a photo.

h2ofishfo 08-18-2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingpangdang (Post 267413)
I think that has driven a lot of users from posting here anymore....i have contemplated moving on myself.

I've been wondering what and where the old guard are up to...tired of the haters? Bought a boat? Moved out of state? Lost interest? Who knows....

Loved reading dark horse posts and some of scallywags on the fly night op adventures. Only a few left.... think I will just stick to fishing and move on from the forums. Last post for the archives.

a lot of guys have moved, bought boats or actually had to get a real job where they can't fish 5 times a week. And WSB are delicate especially a juevinille and education can't be all just set ups and locations . I guarantee there will be guys who read this that will think twice about it now so sometimes we need to harden those huevos 🍳

maquinapescado 08-18-2016 07:02 AM

I would just quit fishing, stay on the forums and try to convince at least ten people I know to do the same. I'd also ask them to get ten people they know to quit as well.

Deamon 08-18-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maquinapescado (Post 267546)
I would just quit fishing, stay on the forums and try to convince at least ten people I know to do the same. I'd also ask them to get ten people they know to quit as well.

That is some funny sheet right there...:D

I would tell all my friends to target another species and continue killing as many as I could and not tell anyone...:the_finger:

MITCHELL 08-18-2016 08:48 AM

Fishing.....

1 Attachment(s)
Plastics......

Jizzling 08-18-2016 09:58 AM

Did anyone else notice his kayak looks like its been to hell and back or is it just me?

MITCHELL 08-18-2016 06:09 PM

Camouflage

Camouflage

dsafety 08-20-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingpangdang (Post 267413)

I'm not sure if I qualify as a member of the "Old Guard" but you are right that many of us who used to post regularly have intentionally gone dark due to the rudeness of a few. I still check out the forum from time to time but not as often as before. BWE has done their best to send the haters packing but some people never learn.

For the record, I'm with Andy on this one. I think that Starman was just trying to be helpful.

Bob

TAngler 08-25-2016 06:35 PM

pretty fish! do agree though, seemed like the comment was aimed at educating & i am new to CA and appreciate knowing good practices/procedures to keep fish alive, don't think the person was trying to be rude/mean