Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Werner Paddles - Deal? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31015)

Denis_Ruso 04-25-2017 09:32 AM

Werner Paddles - Deal?

So my paddle broke this weekend and I've been looking around for a new paddle. I settled on the Werner Camano. Looking around I noticed that the prices were all 275$ everywhere.

However I did find a website that offered 15% off the order. If anyone is in the market the price comes out to 233.71. About 40$ off.

Seems like a good deal?

If anyone wants to order the website is outdoorplay.com the coupon code is PPC15

King Saba 04-25-2017 06:46 PM

Are you a high angle paddler? I bought the Camano a while back and realized I'm more of a high angle than a low angle paddler. The Camano is more of a low angle paddle IMO.

I wish I had gotten a Shuna like my buddy. It has a stiffer blade and is wide for those powerful high angle strokes.

Orca Winfrey 04-26-2017 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Saba (Post 278774)
Are you a high angle paddler? I bought the Camano a while back and realized I'm more of a high angle than a low angle paddler. The Camano is more of a low angle paddle IMO.

I wish I had gotten a Shuna like my buddy. It has a stiffer blade and is wide for those powerful high angle strokes.

Give your Camano to him. A Hobie peddler doesn't deserve a fine paddle like a Camano.

Denis_Ruso 04-26-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Saba (Post 278774)

You know this is something I considered. Im in a Malibu Xfactor and I still have the old style seating. So im closer to the water and not in a chair. I assume this would be better for the low angle paddle.

Orca Winfrey 04-26-2017 09:27 AM

Since you're spending a good amount of money, it may be worth getting one from OEX and get expert advice.

chris138 04-26-2017 09:42 AM

Go demo both. Also demo an ikelos if you can find one. Thats what I used with my xfactor and it was perfect.

King Saba 04-26-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 278790)
You know this is something I considered. Im in a Malibu Xfactor and I still have the old style seating. So im closer to the water and not in a chair. I assume this would be better for the low angle paddle.

I used to paddle my stealth 12 with the Camano. Definitely got more power and speed with each stroke, but the shuna gave even more of that. Still, it's not to say that the camano isn't a good high angle paddle too. I feel that it's just built more for low angle. Like Chris said, I would suggest demoing the paddles if you can.

Denis_Ruso 04-26-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orca Winfrey (Post 278794)
Since you're spending a good amount of money, it may be worth getting one from OEX and get expert advice.

Yah I buy what I can at OEX when I'm in the area. But being in San Fernando Valley, i'm about 60 miles from the closest OEX through the worst stretch of traffic.

Jim Sammons LJKF 04-26-2017 03:02 PM

Look in the for sale section, I have several for sale in great shape.

Denis_Ruso 04-26-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF (Post 278809)
Look in the for sale section, I have several for sale in great shape.

I saw Jim! I would have got one from you if it wasn't for the distance. Not planning on being in San Diego until mid June. I already ordered just sharing the deal for anyone in the market.

Needed a paddle for this weekend, didn't want to skip a fishing day.

Jim Sammons LJKF 04-26-2017 03:17 PM

Cool, enjoy