Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fast responders (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12020)

coxtanker421 11-27-2011 03:15 PM

Fast responders

i just bought this revo. 11 model. good price. when i lock in mirage drive there is alot of side to side movement, from left to right. my outback has very little movement . the revo has noticible amount . one dealer told me this happens . amount of movement is more than 1/8 " . enough that that cable / pulley of drive makes contact of drive bay. sounds like rattle trap . had yak suspended between 2 coolers so i could work on it installing f/f. slipped in the drive , and that is when i noticed slack. anyone have issues like this ? do i return it before i use it? like i said good price ,1500 + tax . i was trying to save money, but at this point i am willing to spend extra to get what i want. do i have the right to return ? hasnt seen the sand / water . any input would be greatly appreciated . thx .

Iceman 11-27-2011 03:46 PM

pretty sure we spoke on the phone the other day. Have you swapped drives to see if it is the cams or the drive or the mold of the kayak? May be something simple. As I stated, you should be able to return it if unhappy.

coxtanker421 11-27-2011 04:22 PM

thx for fast response

i loosened bolts that retain drive locks and put some washers to shim. . helped considrably. yes i did try drives back and forth between yaks. the outback is very nice and tight. when i suspended the revo and dropped the drive in place thats when i noticed slack. i havent used yak , but i noticed slight mar on inside of drive bay from where pulley/ cable was making contact . off the record , is this yak a reject or demo model? pm if necessary. thx. i noticed all this when i was trying to set stuff up before i drill . right now yak is still a virgin. wanted to take it out tommorow .

Iceman 11-27-2011 04:52 PM

FYI to anyone reading this, kayak was not purchased from me, just trying to help. Hobie brands their demos in at least one spot sometimes several "demo" is melted into the hull. You do have the piece of mind that IF this becomes problematic, you are covered under a 2 year warranty.

coxtanker421 11-27-2011 05:22 PM

copy that

thx Ice. shims made it more managable. when i looked at hardware i thought it might have been slotted. not the case . tried to keep post clean. thx again

ChefT 11-27-2011 06:53 PM

Ice ICe Baby......:you_rock:

oneyedeer 11-30-2011 08:32 AM

OEX is the best! Lol even providing customer support for someone else

coxtanker421 11-30-2011 03:15 PM

took shims out . im taking it back . shouldnt have to rig it . it would be tough sneaking up on fish with this rattle trap.