Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Do not eat Costco fish (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=27928)

food4less562 12-31-2015 08:02 AM

Do not eat Costco fish

They have parasites

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=72391084613

Raskal311 12-31-2015 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by food4less562 (Post 250244)

its just worms, just means the filets are dam fresh; most fishermen probably already know this.

Deamon 12-31-2015 08:26 AM

Does food for less even sell seafood? I wouldn't know because their low quality of fruit and vegetables turned me around the only time I walked into one of their stores.

Work at a sushi joint and we'd all see the possibilities. Many/most freeze. I would think these joints are fully aware of the consequences both health and public relations wise.

Mikey's Christmas thread got hijacked by me (I apologize Mikey!) only for some awareness...I have dudes who POUND out quantity of sashimi in a sitting. Will anything ever happen? Does one even know? Can you pick it all out as you cut it up? I've given my mom quite a bit of fresh fish over the years, lol. She came from the old country...diligently prepared our fish every time, esp sashimi. We always tore it up.

Jim

food4less562 12-31-2015 08:47 AM

Well Food 4 Less does have the highest quality fruits in Socal. I'm not just saying that because I used to be the district manager. Now that I work as a marine biologist, I can vouch for their seafood.

Sent from OnePlus 2

Kayak_Bernie 12-31-2015 10:41 AM

Just curious as a marine biologist, what type of worms would you think would live in the fish?

As a scientist myself, I would think that you would be more informed than the general public, and the voice of reason here. This post kinda makes it look like you are falling for the over-hyped headlines, like the more uninformed (non-marine biologist in the world)

I've eaten tons of fish and most of it has had a worm or two, but you just cut it out and cook it correctly and no problems.

Also congrats on following your dreams, retail store manager to marine biology is quite a leap of faith. Now just keep on doing what your doing and don't fall for the "clickbait" headline!

MITCHELL 12-31-2015 11:24 AM

I shop there but...

I have bought some ribeye steaks that were tough and lack favor more than once....I won't buy them again you get what you pay for....

maquinapescado 12-31-2015 11:54 AM

food4less is just there to drive by on your way to a quality store. Almost all fish have parasites and one store doesn't sell more or less parasitic food than the next. To suggest something is simply idiotic.

And besides, I've eaten an enormous amount of fresh raw fish and I haven't started twitching......yet

maquinapescado 12-31-2015 11:56 AM

Oh and don't forget, Facebook is always the best place to get the latest and most reliable news updates.

tacmik 12-31-2015 03:02 PM

For the freshest fish and awesome quality. Nobody beats Catalina Offshore.

stoned-trout 12-31-2015 03:44 PM

worms go down just fine with all that soy and wasabi...just like everything else..i don't get many as I gut fish and ice em quick...

jorluivil 12-31-2015 04:23 PM

I can't think of one halibut that I've caught that didn't have those worms.

LEEZO 12-31-2015 09:41 PM

indeed, Catalina Offshore.

rossman 01-01-2016 11:39 AM

Who in hell buys fish?. Can someone explain that concept to me.

Raskal311 01-01-2016 12:42 PM

I bought red snapper recently :( it was fresh I'm so ashamed lol

tacmik 01-01-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 250332)
Who in hell buys fish?. Can someone explain that concept to me.

Those of us that cannot go fishing every week.

makobob 01-02-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raskal311 (Post 250335)
I bought red snapper recently :( it was fresh I'm so ashamed lol

WHERE did you buy FRESH RED SNAPPER?????

Hunters Pa 01-02-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 250456)
WHERE did you buy FRESH RED SNAPPER?????

Local place in Fullerton called Dry Dock has it on occasion. They mainly sell through farmers markets but have a storefront on Commonwealth. They regularly have sashimi grade salmon at $15-17 per pound. And awesome awesome divers scallops.

On the worms, yeah I see them in my catch from halibut to yellowfin. They are there more often than I would like but it is all part of eating fish

makobob 01-02-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunters Pa (Post 250462)
Local place in Fullerton called Dry Dock has it on occasion. They mainly sell through farmers markets but have a storefront on Commonwealth. They regularly have sashimi grade salmon at $15-17 per pound. And awesome awesome divers scallops.

On the worms, yeah I see them in my catch from halibut to yellowfin. They are there more often than I would like but it is all part of eating fish

Thanks for the info, I find Fresh Red Snapper an oxi moron. Red Snapper comes from the EAST coast. Caught on Monday, cleaned and shipped on Tuesday, arrives here on Wednesday, by the time it gets home it is NOT FRESH. As to the scallops, dove today from sea of cortez, eaten tonight now that is FRESH!!!