Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2016 James Lebowitz Memorial Kayak Fishing Tournament (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28873)

Dook 09-08-2016 11:23 AM

Can't wait, should be a blast! Some how my wife's name was posted and she will go to if we supply hot tub and tottys! :cheers1:

jorluivil 09-08-2016 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Who's going to join me?

Chuck D 09-08-2016 11:44 AM

:wavey::wavey::wavey:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 268701)
Who's going to join me?

Zed 09-08-2016 11:48 AM

Im looking for a set^.

Andy, is this the last remaining pink feather boa sanctioned event?

NICKWORN 09-08-2016 12:26 PM

Kevin Nakada

Im just gonna Troll Kevin all day!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jim Sammons LJKF 09-08-2016 12:39 PM

I will be out in my boat this year again, though the boat is much bigger than last year. So if anyone runs into trouble and needs an assist, or wants a photo taken of your fish, or some water, give me a shout on 71. The boat is a Defiance 22' pilot house with a Pelican sticker on each side of the wheel house. I will likely spend some time just making bait so if I have some it will be up for grabs. I may just have some other cold beverages on board as well.
Good luck to everyone entered.

YakDout 09-08-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF (Post 268708)
I will be out in my boat this year again, though the boat is much bigger than last year. So if anyone runs into trouble and needs an assist, or wants a photo taken of your fish, or some water, give me a shout on 71. The boat is a Defiance 22' pilot house with a Pelican sticker on each side of the wheel house. I will likely spend some time just making bait so if I have some it will be up for grabs. I may just have some other cold beverages on board as well.

Dang maybe I'll cruise over for a sculpin or two, and Im not talking about the fish! Thanks for bein out there in the boat.

chris138 09-08-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Pro status kayak domestique... Can't ask for much more than that!:cheers1:

Are there any further details on the rules of the tournament? Biggest YT, hali, and cbass... and for biggest fish overall are only these three species considered? I'm assuming sharks/rays are not eligible? Taking bait from a motor boat is not grounds for DQ? Sorry if there's a link to the rules somewhere and I didn't see it.

Iceman 09-08-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Can't wait, should be a blast! Some how my wife's name was posted and she will go to if we supply hot tub and tottys! :cheers1:
If you paid with her Paypal, I only had her name shoot me a PM.

Iceman 09-08-2016 04:04 PM

Chris, thanks for asking for clarification keeping pretty simple rules, Jim offering bait is reminiscent to the Steve Moyer Memorial Tourneys. Taking bait from any boat is allowed..........even if it is live squid!

I did not set up the "other" category this year.

Quote:

Awarding biggest fish over all as well as biggest yellowtail, white seabass, and halibut. Kids fish for free with an adult, just e mail me their names prior to fishing. andy@oexcalifornia.com
All DFG rules apply, all fish must be unassisted catches, no motorized craft.

You may launch any time after midnight on September 10th from La Jolla Shores, final weigh in will be at Kellogg Park on the lawn near the restrooms 1pm. You must be in line with your fish prior to 1pm. We will be serving lunch starting at noon, invite your family to join in this celebration.

Holy Mackerel 09-08-2016 04:59 PM

Jim save me some bait! :reeling::D

summers in kuwait 09-09-2016 07:17 AM

Quote:

Very kind and generous Jim!
Thanks in advance.

tacmik 09-09-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

And don't forget to save some of the other cold beverages for those working the shore.

chris138 09-09-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 268731)
Chris, thanks for asking for clarification keeping pretty simple rules, Jim offering bait is reminiscent to the Steve Moyer Memorial Tourneys. Taking bait from any boat is allowed..........even if it is live squid!

I did not set up the "other" category this year.

:cheers1::cheers1:

One of which included the single best event t-shirt ever made in my opinion...

http://i.imgur.com/87PpHrxl.jpg

Iceman 09-09-2016 04:20 PM

72 paid entries has us over $2000 raised. Raffle has some great prizes, Ocean Kayak Trident 15, Hobie Livewell, H Crate, PFD, Soft Cooler. Truth reel, some other rods and reels Team Sewer Goodie bag.

Looks like 1 foot surf and some wind from the get go. Fish will be caught.

See you all manana.

PAL 09-09-2016 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There's still time to sign up. Look what's on the way, a factory fresh Ocean Kayak Trident 15 courtesy of our great friend MO.

FISH11 09-09-2016 05:07 PM

Managed to get off work. See you guys tomorrow.

mckenzie 09-09-2016 06:57 PM

Im in, going to bed now and ready for the 2am launch.:wsb::yt:

HELLSTER INC. 09-11-2016 07:51 AM

Great event for a great cause with a good turnout. Congrats to the winner's, ceviche was the bomb, thanks Yanni!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Aquahunter 09-11-2016 08:43 AM

Thank you Andy and Yanni for the making this event memorable for me.

Ray Ayus, Jr.