Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kitchen in GONZAGA (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30705)

makobob 03-01-2017 04:31 PM

Kitchen in GONZAGA

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple of pictures of how the new KITCHEN is progressing. The overhead racking was Buddha's idea. So guys do we put in pull knobs or handles?????????????????

Attachment 21088

Attachment 21089

Attachment 21090

Still have to do cut out for the sink and install the tile and finish the walls. But it is coming along. Tight Lines.

FullFlavorPike 03-01-2017 04:38 PM

Looking so pro!!

battleborn 03-01-2017 05:35 PM

Looks great. Whats the plumbing situation in a place like that? Well water? Etc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

makobob 03-01-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battleborn (Post 276055)
Looks great. Whats the plumbing situation in a place like that? Well water? Etc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Well water but NOT for drinking. Showers and toilets only. The locals drink and cook with it, but not most gringos.

YakDout 03-01-2017 07:31 PM

Bob, that kitchen is bitchin!

EastLosYaker 03-01-2017 09:24 PM

Looks great Bob! Can't wait to eat a meal there!

MrPukaShell 03-02-2017 03:43 AM

Wow that is progress looks great can't wait to see it next month.

kayakfisherman 03-02-2017 06:46 AM

Wow, I dream come true. I can't wait to fish and eat Gonzaga!

makobob 03-02-2017 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayakfisherman (Post 276072)
Wow, I dream come true. I can't wait to fish and eat Gonzaga!

Only if YOU are cooking, and DREAMS always come true if you work at them long enough. Tight Lines.

Thanks guys, remember this place is for OUR COMMUNITY to use and enjoy with our families and friends.

Mahigeer 03-02-2017 07:14 AM

Looks very nice.

Now the water will boil faster in the protected area with no wind.

I thought the sink would be back to back to the bathroom for ease of plumbing!
Then again, I did not see any pipes coming through the block wall.

Any sink in the bathroom yet?

makobob 03-02-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 276076)
Looks very nice.

Now the water will boil faster in the protected area with no wind.

I thought the sink would be back to back to the bathroom for ease of plumbing!
Then again, I did not see any pipes coming through the block wall.

Any sink in the bathroom yet?

YES water boils faster now. Back to back kitchen bathroom left less usable cooking and countertop space. Still room in kitchen for eating table, chairs and storage. Sorry no sink counter in bathroom yet, too little time, too many projects, some low priority. Still need bedroom upstairs and PAINT for the whole place. THEN remember my other projects. Casa de Ana being built on beach by Restaurant. Gregor boat and 20 hp for chasing ducks. Solo skiff w/6h Honda for chasing fish. And then theres the foot project too. Yep got too many irons in the fire. But that's how I roll. Tight Lines.

Gr8fuldude 03-02-2017 09:48 AM

Roberto that looks awesome! I don't think I'm going to recognize the place :luxhello:

Thanks for all you've done for myself and others to expand our horizons and realize some amazing dreams! You've left your mark on quite a few lives :you_rock:

Mahigeer 03-02-2017 02:44 PM

How about the dinner bell?

I can put it up along with the step light and the fish cleaning station light when I am there.

I may also have few more contributions next time.

makobob 03-02-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 276105)
How about the dinner bell?

I can put it up along with the step light and the fish cleaning station light when I am there.

I may also have few more contributions next time.

Thinking of putting the TRIANGLE dinner bell on the outside wall of the kitchen, just not sure where. Got to keep it close for the cook.

Mahigeer 03-03-2017 06:16 AM

Yes, it has to be close to kitchen.

makobob 03-03-2017 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude (Post 276089)
Roberto that looks awesome! I don't think I'm going to recognize the place :luxhello:

Thanks for all you've done for myself and others to expand our horizons and realize some amazing dreams! You've left your mark on quite a few lives :you_rock:

Thank you Paul, I do try to inspire and motivate others to LIVE their lives.

tacmik 03-04-2017 01:00 PM

Use pull knobs, you guys are getting old and you arthritic fingers won't fit in the handles. Can always tie a string on the knobs to help pull.

makobob 03-04-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacmik (Post 276240)
Use pull knobs, you guys are getting old and you arthritic fingers won't fit in the handles. Can always tie a string on the knobs to help pull.

WOW someone finally answered the question, thanks Mike.

alanw 03-04-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 276242)
WOW someone finally answered the question, thanks Mike.

It might be best to use a "U" shaped handle if you have arthritis (or will have slimy hands). I build lots of cabinets and all of my jobs require ADA complaint handles... no tight grasping, pinching, or twisting, Google ADA compliant cabinet handles.

svendawg 03-08-2017 06:06 PM

Looks great

Wow Bob
The kitchen looks great. Hope to get down there again