Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Christmas Break in Makoville (Video) (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=32391)

ProfessorLongArms 01-02-2018 11:14 AM

Christmas Break in Makoville (Video)

https://youtu.be/1sVLw1MeLv4

My father and I dropped down the day after Christmas for some kayak fishing at Makoville in Gonzaga Bay. First time down. 2 1/2 days on the water.

This was my first time really trying out flat falls, tadys, butterflies, and mega baits. Lost count of the triggers and spots by the end of the first day.

Spent the second day chasing sierra boils, but rigged way too heavy for the microbait they were after... Seemed like people were hooking up on 1 1/2 oz castmasters... The smallest thing I had was around 6oz. Also heard of some other anglers doing really well with the Cabrillo.

Did finally hook up with one nice Sierra, and had one *really* solid bite at the end of the 2nd day that immediately broke off in the rocks.

Big thanks to everyone who showed us such a warm welcome and helped us get settled in. It's great that Bob is so generous and welcoming with such an amazing place. Beyond the fishing (which was great even for slow season), I was constantly picking my jaw up off the floor at the dawn and dusk skies. Truly a wonderful place. This won't be my last trip down.

As was mentioned in another post, my father and I left early and it timed well to help get Bob back across the border since his health wasn't looking too great. If anyone hears from him, please update. I tried calling a few times, but haven't been able to get through.

Bob- I'd like to wish you a speedy recovery and thank you for creating such an open and friendly community.

WARRIORMIKE 01-02-2018 11:36 AM

One of the better fishing videos I've seen in a while. Not to long or short at all. Your edits were great. Made me want more !!

Glad you had fun!

Ggiannig89 01-02-2018 01:13 PM

Wow cool video! That was a monster sculpin you pulled up!
Get well ASAP Bob and I can’t wait to visit your place some day soon.

steveooo 01-02-2018 01:45 PM

Cool report. Time spend fishing with pops is the best time you can spend. That zing pow at 1:00 :eek:

Sorry to hear about Bob. Speedy recovery!

Baja_Traveler 01-02-2018 06:19 PM

Wish I could have lasted another day (still coughing my lungs out, but feeling better). Now I know why you were leaving the camera tripod on the beach for so long. Very cool video - we have got to get you down again just so we all can watch more of your video work!

summers in kuwait 01-03-2018 07:23 AM

Awesome post and great work on the video. Nice editing and love the Andrew Bird track!

Cheers.

PS

Sending positive thoughts to Bob!

MrPukaShell 01-03-2018 07:43 AM

Awesome video for sure. I spoke to Mako yesterday and he sounded good and is on his way to recovery. Will pass along the best wishes next time I talk to him. As Bob would say "Tight Lines".....

Dirty Curti 01-03-2018 09:19 AM

Awesome video and mix with good music. Well done! :luxhello:

ProfessorLongArms 01-03-2018 01:05 PM

Thanks for the kind words everybody :)

Glad to hear Bob is on the mend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 289256)
Wish I could have lasted another day (still coughing my lungs out, but feeling better). Now I know why you were leaving the camera tripod on the beach for so long. Very cool video - we have got to get you down again just so we all can watch more of your video work!

Yeah... I am glad I got home early, as I'm only just starting to recover from getting nailed by the flu right as I finished unloading the truck. I'm a bit of an AV geek for sure. That place is amazing for shooting timelapse, and next time I won't forget my extra batteries and charger for my DSLR :)

Bert Vega 01-03-2018 01:37 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Mike scales 01-03-2018 06:07 PM

Great vid! Time lapse are always cool:cheers1:

Baja Marty 01-05-2018 07:27 AM

Great video, thank you.

It amazes me that the guys on this board are kayakers, fisherman AND great videographers. I just don't have those AV skills. It's all I can do to catch a few fish and maybe once in a while land one worthy of a photo.

WestFork 01-05-2018 09:48 AM

Kudos for tight editing!

Just want to add to what others have noted, that the tightly edited video is excellent work! The skies there are fine to watch! :-)
Tight Lines!

SDROB 01-10-2018 06:06 PM

It was nice meeting you and your pops down there. Your pops is a good dude.
I agree 100% w Steevo!

Iceman 01-15-2018 10:35 AM

paradise! Captured the essence for sure:luxhello:

Gr8fuldude 01-17-2018 07:56 PM

Thanks for putting together the great video. I love that place so much, can't wait to go back.

Nice to hear that Makobob is on the mend!!!

ProfessorLongArms 01-19-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike scales (Post 289283)
Great vid! Time lapse are always cool:cheers1:

Thanks mike! I found your stuff to be amazing, so it means a lot.

taggermike 01-20-2018 09:11 AM

Thanks for sharing. I need to get back down there. Mike

makobob 01-20-2018 10:22 AM

Beautiful video, great job. Thank you for posting. I am doing much better, about another week before they allow me to start walking on the rebuilt foot. Minus the big toe and the smaller one next to it I will need to relearn balance before walking again. But it is all good. The fish are waiting and your video MOTIVATES me to get back to our little slice of paradise. Tight Lines amigos and can some of you please help out by donating to the Steven Green fund? Thank you all.

kayakfisherman 01-20-2018 07:22 PM

Dear ReBalanced MakoBob!!!

You are a big inspiration to me and the energizer bunny too! Keep living,
learning and fishing! Hope to fish with you soon in Baja! Yanni

Spencer,
LOVE THE VIDEO!!!!!!