Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LJ Tomorrow! 04 July 12 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=14229)

yakman619 07-03-2012 01:14 PM

LJ Tomorrow! 04 July 12

Anyone else hitting LJ in the morning? I got my truck stuck in the sand a couple weeks ago, I'm afraid of having a repeat in the morning this time around! I'd be nice to know that there is someone to bail me out if needed, and vice versa.

toadstoadsonly 07-03-2012 03:41 PM

Ill be out there but I do not have a 4x4 but I do have limited slip differential, I got stuck also a couple weeks ago, deflated my rear tires a little push by my buddies and we were off. I have a black tacoma if you get stuck ill try to help.

dorado50 07-03-2012 05:23 PM

Hope your not the only one going out on fourth of july? I may buy a tow truck and pull out all submerged cars,trucks free of charge as a community service! Now thats an idea......:auto: if anyone stays out for the fireworks make sure you have ear protection. The explosions could damage your inner ear.

Limits 07-03-2012 05:41 PM

I'm about 90% sure I'll be making the long haul to LJ mañana.

Are you definitely going?

jsigone 07-03-2012 08:57 PM

LOL I drove my lower EVO on the sand there and never got stuck, spin the tires sometimes but its active diff always got me out. Now I have an FJ, it shall not get stuck either:D

Good luck out there tomorrow and hope you get there early enough to find parking.

yakman619 07-03-2012 09:09 PM

Ive got a 1/2 day charter ticket I've got to burn before it expires. I decided I'll go get some bass, and hit LJ on Saturday. I figured I won't be spent if I take the cattle truck out tomorrow; I'll be able to do the whole bbq/fireworks stuff with the family and wont have to worry about recovering/cleaning my kayak.

Hopefully I'll see you guys on the water Saturday. Good luck tomorrow; hopefully all the PBer will be stuck at home, and you'll have the water to yourselves :)

yakman619 07-03-2012 09:11 PM

The sand has been worse than usual the last few weeks. I've never had probems in the past either, and I only have RWD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsigone (Post 124003)
LOL I drove my lower EVO on the sand there and never got stuck, spin the tires sometimes but its active diff always got me out. Now I have an FJ, it shall not get stuck either:D

Good luck out there tomorrow and hope you get there early enough to find parking.

ashmoz 07-03-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakman619 (Post 124007)
The sand has been worse than usual the last few weeks. I've never had probems in the past either, and I only have RWD.

X2... Stuck twice in the past month, never happnd before