Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hello all and mini report Redondo 5/8/19 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=34144)

samson 05-17-2019 01:01 PM

Hello all and mini report Redondo 5/8/19

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, im really excited to be part of this form as i recently picked up a stealth 14 kayak. I live in long beach and plan to fish nearby, maybe even do some SD fishing if anyone is down to meet up. I still have a lot to do on the yak but i took it out for a test run to redondo. Picked up some smelt/anchovies and trolled them. I was in the harbor the whole time due to wild winds! Got these 2 bass in about 15 min. Lots of bites on the live smelt. Fun short day of fishing.

Looking to get out on the water more! :paddleersmilie:

- Sam

fourtogo 05-17-2019 05:25 PM

LBC Fishing and other

Hi I am from Long Beach I fish out a kayak also . I fish a lot week days at dusk in to the night .

Amish Ed 05-17-2019 08:22 PM

Thanks for the report. Did you try any artificials?

Rocketfish 05-20-2019 11:56 AM

Welcome samson! I am local to Long Beach as well! hope to see you on the water sometime.

Big John 05-20-2019 12:36 PM

I fish LB quite a bit so anytime, I am always looking to go out with other people. My normal fishing buddies (kids) I are away at college now most of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeatumble 05-24-2019 11:50 AM

I'll be heading down to fish Redondo tomorrow morning. Plan on hitting the water around 6:00. I'm always looking for people to go out with as well. IM me if you want to join. :reel:

Saba Slayer 05-24-2019 06:47 PM

beautiful day

Mike...you should have a great time tomorrow...
It was a beautiful calm morning today in Redondo...the wind picked up around 11am and it got a little sloppy on the outside in the afternoon...tomorrow is forecast to be SE winds in the am switching to SW and increasing in the afternoon...so it should be a nice morning.:reeling:
Got a limit of Red Rockfish once I found the clouds of red crabs...all the fish came up spitting out crabs. The pink AHI Squirt and squid strips worked great with lots of doubles. :cheers1:
I switched to Halibut when the wind picked up and caught 4 shorts on the HookUp Baits but just couldn't connect with that legal...:notworthy:

Chris Mautino came down to the launch for a clinic on the new Hobie Pro Angler...He'll be guiding at Whalers Cove Resort in Alaska this summer and they just bought a bunch of new 12' PA's for the resort...they also picked up a dozen Hobie i12s inflatables for the float plane excursions....:you_rock:
It sounds like they are going "all out" "top shelf" for the kayak trips....and Chris should be a great guide.

Good Luck tomorrow...
I'd post some photos but the BWE photo hosting site is down.:eek: and you know what Red Rockfish look like anyway... LOL

aftahour 05-26-2019 06:16 PM

welcome to the group. alot of great people here. im from torrance and fish san pedro alot. is the bait barge open again?