Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MAKOBOB UPDATE 6JULY 2018 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=33161)

makobob 07-06-2018 06:10 AM

MAKOBOB UPDATE 6JULY 2018

Here is the update.

2 July 11 pm back to hospital via 911. 4 July 11 am same bone infection, surgery to follow soonest. Probabal Above the knee. 5 July 5 pm surgery, 8 pm and awaken in recovery room. Informed things went EXTREAMLY well. Dr opened inscission into healing site, removed a 2.5 mm slice from top of bone. The infection was only on top of the bone, we got to it fast enough this time. Thank you Lord and thank you all for your prayers guys. Big bullet dodged I still have my knee.

By reentering through the origional still open wound site no new trauma was done and the healing process was not set back so still on track for fake leg in late August. Life is good, a few curve balls along the way, a real roller coaster ride sometimes, definately moore then just a walk in the park an ADVENTURE but thats why I go to Baja in the first place. Adventure, Live that life amigos. Tight Lines.

TJones 07-06-2018 07:14 AM

Still Praying

God Be With

John M 07-06-2018 08:00 AM

Bob
Sound like that is much better that what you expected.
Get well soom.

defjack 07-06-2018 08:54 AM

Great Bob you deserve a break

ful-rac 07-06-2018 09:33 AM

I guess that's good news! Get well Bob!:cheers1:

goldenglory18 07-06-2018 09:48 AM

Bob, you have the absolutely best mindset I've ever seen.

God speed my friend and for goodness sakes, GET BETTER!!!

landwhale 07-06-2018 11:02 AM

Good news wishing you all the best!!!!!

rhyak 07-06-2018 11:55 AM

Good to hear man, glad it did not set you back at all. Get better so we can tug on some fish.

Fiskadoro 07-06-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 294839)
.....things went EXTREAMLY well. Dr opened inscission into healing site, removed a 2.5 mm slice from top of bone. The infection was only on top of the bone, we got to it fast enough this time. Thank you Lord and thank you all for your prayers guys. Big bullet dodged I still have my knee. By reentering through the original still open wound site no new trauma was done and the healing process was not set back so still on track for fake leg....

Good to hear Bob. The older I get the more I realize that half the battle is keeping a positive attitude. Especially when faced with adversity. You're going to beat this :cheers1:

makobob 07-06-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiskadoro (Post 294859)
Good to hear Bob. The older I get the more I realize that half the battle is keeping a positive attitude. Especially when faced with adversity. You're going to beat this :cheers1:

Thank you guys for your concerns, well wishes and prayers..............beat this too will I. On ward and upward, so they just put in another picc line, looks like another heavy round of antibiotics coming up soon. This round almost turned into a get out of jail free card.

I said almost, so guess who's coming to dinner? If your guess was my old friends the lowly hicup you got it, just over two hours and counting, last time it was over 11 days. Sea you guys in Baja, tight lines.

Holy Mackerel 07-06-2018 04:56 PM

Sorry to hear this, get well soon!

Gr8fuldude 07-06-2018 08:27 PM

Roberto, I'm glad to hear the procedure went well. The sunrise at Las Encantadas awaits, amigo. I'm looking forward to seeing you there :)

makobob 07-06-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude (Post 294875)
Roberto, I'm glad to hear the procedure went well. The sunrise at Las Encantadas awaits, amigo. I'm looking forward to seeing you there :)

You Paul take the high road (to China) and I'll take the low road (to mako-ville) and I'll get there before ya. And I just put that in writing amigo so you can take it to the bank. Looking forward to seaing you again this year, Tight Lines amigo.

Chuck D 07-07-2018 06:43 AM

Always keeping your chin up bud, you will get through this, tight lines Bob! Much love.

makobob 07-07-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck D (Post 294880)
Always keeping your chin up bud, you will get through this, tight lines Bob! Much love.

Yep got it covered amigo. Life is too short not to live it to its fullest. How your ladies doing? Sea you in October, tight lines.

Saba Slayer 07-07-2018 12:20 PM

attitude...

Keep that winning attitude going Bob....!!!

Chuck D 07-08-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 294881)
Yep got it covered amigo. Life is too short not to live it to its fullest. How your ladies doing? Sea you in October, tight lines.

Doing great, all three keeping me busy. Christine wishes you her best, thoughts with you brother. Tight lines.

Mr. NiceGuy 07-08-2018 02:06 PM

Life can be tough. You are an amazing fighter and an optimist.

If there is anything any of us can do to help you through this, please ask. Lots of us admire you and are available to jump in and help you in any way we can.

You have many friends and kindred spirits here who feel strongly about this.

Maybe some ruby red lipstick would brighten your stay at the hospital? I can bring you my favorite color.

makobob 07-08-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. NiceGuy (Post 294900)
Life can be tough. You are an amazing fighter and an optimist.

If there is anything any of us can do to help you through this, please ask. Lots of us admire you and are available to jump in and help you in any way we can.

You have many friends and kindred spirits here who feel strongly about this.

Maybe some ruby red lipstick would brighten your stay at the hospital? I can bring you my favorite color.

Thank you however I will pass for now. To me Ruby Red is for Gem stones and FRESH AHI. Tight Lines amigo.

TroutBum 07-08-2018 09:23 PM

Prayers!