Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Permit to Kill Bald Eagles (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12856)

Billy V 03-15-2012 11:59 AM

Permit to Kill Bald Eagles

More horse sh!t shovel down our throats.

The United States government has granted a permit allowing an indian tribe to kill 2 bald eagles. They need the feathers and body parts for religious purposes.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...-28621180.html

Nice huh ?
-------------------------
Well seeing as I'm Catholic and it is Lent I will need a steady diet of local Fish for Religious purposes, for myself and family.

These are the rules...and nothing else matters- except the BRTF can go fuk themselves.
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/lent/fast.htm

jorluivil 03-15-2012 12:12 PM

WOW.

Yakin 03-15-2012 12:28 PM

Whats next the permit to take a human life for religion?!?!
save a bird eat a fish:reeling::wsb:

Devildawgjj 03-15-2012 12:34 PM

No permit was issued for the slaughter/massacre of the indigenous peoples' in America.

What happend to the bison in America? At least they asked...

Devildawgjj 03-15-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakin (Post 110200)
Whats next the permit to take a human life for religion?!?!
save a bird eat a fish:reeling::wsb:

Nope, religion is already the permit. ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

JohnnyCope 03-15-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devildawgjj (Post 110201)
No permit was issued for the slaughter/massacre of the indigenous peoples' in America.

What happend to the bison in America? At least they asked...

x2

Yakin 03-15-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devildawgjj (Post 110202)
Nope, religion is already the permit. ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

yeah now days i beleive it

Whizz Bang 03-15-2012 01:36 PM

We are missing the point here.

Billy,

Respectfully, I think you are missing the point here. We can use this, a door has been opened and we would be foolish not to capitalize on it.

We need to create a religion whose most sacred rituals, holy rites of great importance, rely on freshly killed and locally procured pinnipeds.

I am thinking that maybe we should call it the Church of the Holy Mackerel. From my Google search, the old expression probably dates from the 19th century as a derisive term for the Catholic practice of eating fish on friday, but what if there is more to it? What if the Mackerel is not just Holy, but perhaps worthy of deification? How many of us lowly fishermen have been fed from the ultimate sacrifice a Mackerel makes on the terminal end of a fly line? That ultimate sacrifice absolves us of the sin of being a less than perfect fisherman, and in so doing, feeds the multitudes that constitute our family and friends.

There may be other practical benefits to this as well, the church would have tax exempt status and while I am no expert with regard to what a 501(C)(3) organization is actually exempt from, I am angling toward fishing gear (our tithing could comprise of costs associated with time on the water etc.).

The more I think about this, the more sense it makes..."All Hail the Holy Mackerel".

Post script: These momentously profound ceremonies will probably require the burning of computer keyboards and checkbooks obtained from environmental wackos. Just a thought, or maybe, just maybe, it was divine inspiration. Mackerel knows it would not be the first time a religion was created from divine inspiration that conveniently benefited the prophet.

Hunters Pa 03-15-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whizz Bang (Post 110213)
Billy,

Respectfully, I think you are missing the point here. We can use this, a door has been opened and we would be foolish not to capitalize on it.

We need to create a religion whose most sacred rituals, holy rites of great importance, rely on freshly killed and locally procured pinnipeds.

I am thinking that maybe we should call it the Church of the Holy Mackerel. From my Google search, the old expression probably dates from the 19th century as a derisive term for the Catholic practice of eating fish on friday, but what if there is more to it? What if the Mackerel is not just Holy, but perhaps worthy of deification? How many of us lowly fishermen have been fed from the ultimate sacrifice a Mackerel makes on the terminal end of a fly line? That ultimate sacrifice absolves us of the sin of being a less than perfect fisherman, and in so doing, feeds the multitudes that constitute our family and friends.

There may be other practical benefits to this as well, the church would have tax exempt status and while I am no expert with regard to what a 501(C)(3) organization is actually exempt from, I am angling toward fishing gear (our tithing could comprise of costs associated with time on the water etc.).

The more I think about this, the more sense it makes..."All Hail the Holy Mackerel".

Post script: These momentously profound ceremonies will probably require the burning of computer keyboards and checkbooks obtained from environmental wackos. Just a thought, or maybe, just maybe, it was divine inspiration. Mackerel knows it would not be the first time a religion was created from divine inspiration that conveniently benefited the prophet.

Communion in the Church of the Holy Mackerel consists of roast pinniped in a fish sauce distilled from fish caught in our sacred Hunting Grounds, the MLPAs

mtnbykr2 03-15-2012 03:11 PM

"Holy Mackeral" I am in...:D

roadx 03-15-2012 04:07 PM

i see no difference between a bald eagle and a turkey. if they are legally taken then they should be fair game.

i don't have an hierarchy for animals. if they taste good, eat'm

RK 03-15-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Billy,

Holy shit Whizz Im all in on this one....
This is a genius idea.............
:cheers1:

JohnnyCope 03-15-2012 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Lord !

tasteslikechikn54 03-15-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Billy,

all hail the holy mackerel... I am in...

salty pirate 03-15-2012 07:30 PM

Don't you mean the Northern Arapaho tribe of Wyoming?

Hmmm. bald eagle taste just like spoted owl:farmer:

Billy V 03-15-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Billy,

I didn't miss it at all.:) I wanted to see how long it would take for someone else to see the light.

More than 25 years ago my little sister started her own religion. It works for them in many ways.
http://www.apath.org/creating_religion.html

The Church of the La Jolla Canyon Mackerel.
God is a Fish (A Pacific Mackerel) and He resides in La Jolla Canyon. Yellowtail are the raging creatures of destruction who's soul mission in life is to destroy our God.

They must be stopped.

blitzburgh 03-15-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 110254)
I didn't miss it at all.:) I wanted to see how long it would take for someone else to see the light.

More than 25 years ago my little sister started her own religion. It works for them in many ways.

God is a Fish (A Pacific Mackerel) and He resides in La Jolla Canyon. Yellowtail are the raging creatures of destruction who's soul mission in life is to destroy our God.

They must be stopped.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's it I'm in!

Salty Dog 03-15-2012 08:47 PM

Amen to that, Brother Billy!

RK 03-15-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 110254)

They must be stopped.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! Praise him god greenie

Yakin 03-16-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyCope (Post 110243)
The Lord !

I'm all in
should the Wonderful all BSB be the queen that always gets away?