Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Taco Tuesday (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=33226)

makobob 07-24-2018 03:37 PM

Taco Tuesday

Taco Tuesday's are best spent in Baja, But today was a little different. I had an appointment with
the Surgeon who took my foot. Appointment time was 2:30 this afternoon, I got thereearly and he
took me in at 1:30. Took one look at his work and smiled. He then removed the 7 stitches. Pressed
here and there and told me there was a small problem.

Told me to call the prostetic people and have them come out and show me how to use the shrinker.
Told me that the stump will not shrink very much as it has been wrapped for the last few months and
he has seen no swelling from the last surgery.

Sew I then decided to celibrate, Taco Time. Top choice would have been Clementinas tacos in
mako-ville, but can't get there until noon of Friday, Second choice would be Las Poblano in San
Felipe but that too won't be until 8 am of Friday, so had to take my 3rd choice, here in Vista. Erickas
in Vista. Taco Tuesday. 2 carnitas, and 2 carne asada, and 2 diet sodas. Total with chips and
guacamole about $12.00.

Yep I pigged out. I REALLY had to celibrate the GREAT NEWS. After 7 months on a walker and
in a wheel chair They will fit me for my fake foot after I return from mako-ville on the 6th of
August, then three weeks for them to build it. Leaving Friday about 3am for paradise, hope to
sea some of you there, Tight Lines amigos.

MITCHELL 07-24-2018 04:53 PM

Great news Bob...

Happy for you:cheers1:

MITCHELL 07-24-2018 05:07 PM

Say hello....

1 Attachment(s)
To my little friends.....

Amish Ed 07-24-2018 05:24 PM

Great news, Bob. So happy for you.

makobob 07-24-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 295299)
To my little friends.....

"Fatten me up and color me sardine", and I be gone!

makobob 07-24-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amish Ed (Post 295301)
Great news, Bob. So happy for you.

Thanks, been a slow grind up a steep hill but the goal is in sight. Tight Lines.
How is Steven doing?

stevie951 07-24-2018 06:59 PM

Glad to hear your on the mend Roberto..

Also glad that I know the taste of both Poblanos and Clementina's tacos, all practically thanks to you.. Cheers to many more years in Baja, excellent food and great fishing! :cheers1:

makobob 07-24-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 295306)
Glad to hear your on the mend Roberto..

Also glad that I know the taste of both Poblanos and Clementina's tacos, all practically thanks to you.. Cheers to many more years in Baja, excellent food and great fishing! :cheers1:

Gracias amigo.

Amish Ed 07-25-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 295305)
Thanks, been a slow grind up a steep hill but the goal is in sight. Tight Lines.
How is Steven doing?

Steve is doing pretty well. We've been perch fishing the last month or so, because my car has been out of commission. But, we should be back on the water this weekend.

Hopefully I'll see you at the next HOW event.

makobob 07-25-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amish Ed (Post 295342)
Steve is doing pretty well. We've been perch fishing the last month or so, because my car has been out of commission. But, we should be back on the water this weekend.

Hopefully I'll see you at the next HOW event.

Yes I will be there too.

WestFork 07-25-2018 03:59 PM

Fantastic, Bob! You've stuck this out and it's paying off. Congratulations!

makobob 07-25-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestFork (Post 295351)
Fantastic, Bob! You've stuck this out and it's paying off. Congratulations!

Tank you Dave. Sea you later this fall, tight lines amigo.

flyfishinsteve64 08-02-2018 08:40 AM

:grouphug: We all feel better now. Congratulations Bob