Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Never Tie A Hook Again OR Lose A Fish Due To Your Knot (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12851)

Yakin 03-14-2012 02:12 PM

Never Tie A Hook Again OR Lose A Fish Due To Your Knot

1 Attachment(s)
I'm Not some spam Bot message me and I will message you back.
I am a local yak fisher just trying to get my product out there
Not some corporation trying to sell my product
I'm trying to make this a helpful tool
For those that have gone out fishing with me and have realized what it is really like

Its A little something we made up for us fisherman
It is exactly what is says
A KNOTLESS HOOK?!?!
yes a knotless hook
put it on 5 times quicker then tying the quickest and strongest hook
its called Easy2hookusa

check me out
http://www.outdoorspecialtyinnovations.com/

PapaDave 03-14-2012 08:21 PM

I have seen those at last years FHS, couldn't find them after that. I will give them a try.

seriola_killer 03-14-2012 08:37 PM

Memo to OP:

You may want to compile more than 4 posts before selling stuff like this. Just a little friendly advice coming from a guy who sells stuff for a living.

maui jim 03-14-2012 08:42 PM

:cool:O great we can now not tie a hook ....
Great

Mr. Adventure 03-15-2012 06:09 AM

Oh no, spam bots

GR6RR 03-15-2012 09:51 AM

or employee postings... hahahha funny....

Alot of first post customers coming on here in recent weeks. :cool:

npdes 03-15-2012 10:31 AM

It takes me less than 30 sec to tie a palomar or improved cinch knot. So this is five times faster, what will I do with the extra 20 sec? Awesome!

addicted2sp33d 03-15-2012 11:03 AM

I don't know :confused:... that looks like it would start to unravel without tension on the line-side, and you'd really be screwed if the line ever popped out of the open eye on the hook.

Yakin 03-15-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npdes (Post 110178)
It takes me less than 30 sec to tie a palomar or improved cinch knot. So this is five times faster, what will I do with the extra 20 sec? Awesome!

yeah an extra 20 sec.? how about 100% of you line strength what is more important tying a knot that cuts your line strength or saving 20 sec. and keeping 100% of you line strength

addicted2sp33d:and no the line wont come unraveled that sailfish i cause on an easy to hook even with the fish charging me and tail walking and flips nothing budged i haven't had one report yet from the line coming unraveled
as long as you tie it the way we show there will be no problem

And also I'm surprised of all the hating people on here
since i last had a membership on here people really become mean

only one thing to be said when you lose that big one cause your knot broke and your buddy won the big pot wont be laughing any more

GR6RR 03-15-2012 11:31 AM

:linesnap::notworthy:

maui jim 03-15-2012 11:41 AM

At least it's not a Chia pet...:D

YakMedic 03-15-2012 11:55 AM

It falls into the if it ain't broke don't fix it category.

However I always have fun trying new tackle. I'll give it a try and see how it does on some catfish first since I don't care if I lose them in the first place. If it works as well as you say it does I'll incorporated it into some better fish.

Is there a place I could see the hooks before I buy? Or are you only online?

xpresso2am 03-15-2012 12:06 PM

I'll give it a go! you never know. Best of luck with the business!

seriola_killer 03-15-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakin (Post 110185)
yeah an extra 20 sec.? how about 100% of you line strength what is more important tying a knot that cuts your line strength or saving 20 sec. and keeping 100% of you line strength

addicted2sp33d:and no the line wont come unraveled that sailfish i cause on an easy to hook even with the fish charging me and tail walking and flips nothing budged i haven't had one report yet from the line coming unraveled
as long as you tie it the way we show there will be no problem

And also I'm surprised of all the hating people on here
since i last had a membership on here people really become mean

only one thing to be said when you lose that big one cause your knot broke and your buddy won the big pot wont be laughing any more

People aren't hating on you. But look at it from another perspective. They see your post count and you are pitching a product. Hey, maybe your product is the shit. It's just how it may come across. BUILD RELATIONSHIPS first. The product will take care of itself after that. JMHO.

jorluivil 03-15-2012 12:09 PM

I can tie a perfection loop in under 20seconds, maybe even under 15seconds(depending on the line weight) so if what you're saying is true I should be able to tie your type of knot in under 3seconds, right? Basically, this means that I should have been able to tie 3 - 4 hooks in the amount of time it took you to read this....agreed?

Yakin 03-15-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 110195)
I can tie a perfection loop in under 20seconds, maybe even under 15seconds(depending on the line weight) so if what you're saying is true I should be able to tie your type of knot in under 3seconds, right? Basically, this means that I should have been able to tie 3 - 4 hooks in the amount of time it took you to read this....agreed?

Actually yes if all your pole have line threaded you can rig up all your poles and even bait them before you get done with two other poles depending how many your going out with

Yakin 03-15-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakMedic (Post 110191)
It falls into the if it ain't broke don't fix it category.

However I always have fun trying new tackle. I'll give it a try and see how it does on some catfish first since I don't care if I lose them in the first place. If it works as well as you say it does I'll incorporated it into some better fish.

Is there a place I could see the hooks before I buy? Or are you only online?

We are online only en less you are local in san bernardino then you can pick up as many as you need or if I'm heading out your way to fish you can get them directly off me

YakMedic 03-15-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakin (Post 110199)
We are online only en less you are local in san bernardino then you can pick up as many as you need or if I'm heading out your way to fish you can get them directly off me

Yep, I'm local sent you a pm

ron8225 03-15-2012 03:06 PM

easy2hook review

http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/...ok-review.html
Here is the review I found hope everyone will like it

again tight lines

Yakin 03-15-2012 03:18 PM

Thanks for all the great interested in this everyone
Never have this happen any more!!:linesnap:

and always this :reel::wsb:

rippin lips 03-15-2012 06:59 PM

Yakin, i'd be willing to give it a shot, the idea looks solid. Do you package deals/kits?

dsafety 03-15-2012 08:45 PM

Everyone loves new technology but it is reasonable to be a little skeptical about something that sounds a bit too good to be true. If you want to convince this group, send some hooks to a few of the guys who are out there every day, along with some testers who can barely make bait.

If Josh, Sharon, The Kid, Larry and others in that class give you the thumbs up, you probably have something. To prove it, you will have to get a few average Joe's to jump on board as well.

Just saying that something works may fly in politics but with fishermen, you will have to prove it. Since I am a bit knot challenged, I really hope that what you are introducing actually works.

Please keep us posted.

Bob

Drake 03-16-2012 02:11 AM

I agree you shouldn't be getting hated on. At least not on the product itself. I'm a firm believer in "don't knock it until you've tried it"

The dominating demographic of fisherman are ole' salty dogs, who like what they know. It's like the generation that refused to get cellphones because pay phones were still around. Just be patient, the younger generation will give these a shot I'm sure, we're always into new things.

But I agree you should have taken your time and been contributing to the forums more before throwing us a sales pitch.

I would also take a lot more time previewing your posts, your spelling mistakes and poor grammar really diminish your professional credibility

Good luck with the business. If the right person on here gives it a shot and likes it, it will spread like wild fire. Be on the water ALL the time, give away some free hooks, promote your product and let the hooks do all the work for you.

bus kid 03-16-2012 05:24 AM

I bought a few packs a couple of years back at FHS, they are great for my wife and kids who are always getting snagged and tangled. We have only used them in fresh water for trout and catfish. Never had one fall off even with my 9 year old "tying" them on.
Don't take the hate personal as fishing is slow, but do bump up your post count and come out and fish with some of the guys, get your name know then post some ads, good opportunity to do that is this weekend, landwhale is hosting a BBW tournament.

Yakin 03-16-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bus kid (Post 110272)
I bought a few packs a couple of years back at FHS, they are great for my wife and kids who are always getting snagged and tangled. We have only used them in fresh water for trout and catfish. Never had one fall off even with my 9 year old "tying" them on.
Don't take the hate personal as fishing is slow, but do bump up your post count and come out and fish with some of the guys, get your name know then post some ads, good opportunity to do that is this weekend, landwhale is hosting a BBW tournament.

I would be going out this weekend but due to the weather and where i live i will be snowed in at my place
and also due to tax season my time if very limited till after april 15th
but after tax season ends i will be out every weekend

Hunters Pa 03-16-2012 07:50 AM

Another suggestion, put together a "trial pack" in saltwater & freshwater sizes. Maybe 2 of a couple sizes.

npdes 03-17-2012 07:28 AM

Yakin, I also fly fish and was thinking that if you could design a knotless tippet to leader material, I think you could have a real seller. Sometimes trying to tie a double surgeons knot with 6x tippet while in a cold river is tough. Just a thought. Or even small flies with your knotless system. Again, sometimes tough to tie knots with small flies and cold fingers.

ron8225 03-17-2012 08:48 AM

easy2hook

Just received an email from easy2hookUSA , they said they will send out sample hook to anyone that emails them with there mailing address and contact info, they said they are out of bass hooks until April but will send out circle or Aberdeen's.

There email is easy2hook1@gmail.com
I'm telling you guys these hooks are so great. The company is really nice they will talk to anyone that has questions about the products

tight lines

roadx 03-17-2012 08:58 AM

haggertyLures.com
or
http://www.gonefishinpa.com/servlet/StoreFront

ron8225 are you Ron Basket ?

ron8225 03-17-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadx (Post 110359)

no Ron Brierty why do I know you ?

roadx 03-17-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron8225 (Post 110360)
no Ron Brierty why do I know you ?

from what i understand Ron Baskett is CEO of Easy2Hook. just curious?

Limits 03-18-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadx (Post 110361)
from what i understand Ron Baskett is CEO of Easy2Hook. just curious?

And the plot thickens. :rolleyes:

Let's see, you've been a member since...NOW...and all 7 of your posts are in support of a guy spamming his goods on the site.

Yeah, nobody thinks you have a vested interest in pimping the product. :D

lowprofile 03-19-2012 01:09 AM

Palomar. Quick, easy , 100%

Yakin 03-19-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limits (Post 110466)
And the plot thickens. :rolleyes:

Let's see, you've been a member since...NOW...and all 7 of your posts are in support of a guy spamming his goods on the site.

Yeah, nobody thinks you have a vested interest in pimping the product. :D

If it was spamming I wouldn't be asking you to spend a dime
All I ask is for you to just try it
Many people have already bought quit a few and love it
You can say as you want
Just a month left till my work lets up then I will be out on the water to prove what I have here
yes some people want to sell their product to make a quick buck
that's not what I'm about I'm about getting into the action
and getting more fish in your yaks

kareem korn 03-19-2012 01:16 PM

I want a hookless hook. Now that'd be something :D

Yakin 03-19-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kareem korn (Post 110514)
I want a hookless hook. Now that'd be something :D

HAHA you going after blue gill? cause that's all you would be catchin'

roadx 03-19-2012 06:35 PM

i sent a request for a sample Easy2Hook by email and received the requested circle 2/0 hook within a couple days. customer service seems to respond. Nice! definitely a plus.
Played with it for a while, And I can see for certain applications (worm hooks/dropshots) it would be way better than re-tieing for different depths. Hooks are Super Sharpe and off set which i like, so.... if anyone would like a on the water report? i will try it out this next weekend.

Dis-closer..... for all that know's me, chances are i cant test the hook on an actual fish LOL

Yakin 03-20-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadx (Post 110543)
i sent a request for a sample Easy2Hook by email and received the requested circle 2/0 hook within a couple days. customer service seems to respond. Nice! definitely a plus.
Played with it for a while, And I can see for certain applications (worm hooks/dropshots) it would be way better than re-tieing for different depths. Hooks are Super Sharpe and off set which i like, so.... if anyone would like a on the water report? i will try it out this next weekend.

Dis-closer..... for all that know's me, chances are i cant test the hook on an actual fish LOL

Just give it a good try
heres the best tie for the hook a lot easier then what is posted on the actual package the hook came in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfd9...ure=plpp_video

ron8225 03-20-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakin (Post 110581)
Just give it a good try
heres the best tie for the hook a lot easier then what is posted on the actual package the hook came in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfd9...ure=plpp_video

I said you would like them. It takes a little getting use to But they work great on all types of fishing. I have fished fresh and salt water with out a problem. even catching a small shark.

tight lines:reel:

stinkyfingerz 03-28-2012 07:33 PM

Ron, putting my money where my mouth is by just placing an order for some of your hooks as well as a cpl packs of the E2H extensions. I'll take 'em to the water the same day I receive them and you, and all these whiners on this site, will be the first to hear my report. Till then .... keep up the good work. If was all that easy .... everybody would be doin it.

Stinkyfingerz, Houston, Tx