Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Drone problems (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30008)

HobieOneCanoebe 09-21-2016 11:18 AM

Drone problems

Anybody good with drones I want to take some shots over water but my drone stopped working last week. The lights blink green pre launch and then as soon as I launch it the lights start blinking red and it loses almost all its power?? pretty frustrating google didn't have the greatest answers so if anyone has dealt with this I would appreciate your help!!

Mr_Fixit 09-21-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HobieOneCanoebe (Post 269370)
Anybody good with drones I want to take some shots over water but my drone stopped working last week. The lights blink green pre launch and then as soon as I launch it the lights start blinking red and it loses almost all its power?? pretty frustrating google didn't have the greatest answers so if anyone has dealt with this I would appreciate your help!!

I have built a number of drones myself. Your issue really depends on what drone you have. If its a custom drone, there are a lot of factors involved. Its easier to trouble shoot if its a pre-built off the shelf type.

Point being, let us know what brand/model it is if its off the shelf. If its custom, what flight controller do you have? What version of firmware? What other modules to you have installed? What motor controllers do you have? What firmware is on them?

mrJB 09-21-2016 03:50 PM

My familiarity lies with the DJI Phantom 3...

Blinking green (aircraft) indicates "safe to fly w/GPS"

Slow blinking red (aircraft) usually indicates a low battery, fast blinking red indicates a critical battery, flashing red w/other colors can indicate an IMU error.

Hope this helps, but you've probably covered these basics...

HobieOneCanoebe 09-21-2016 05:25 PM

DJI phantom 1 it's stock I don't have the owners manual I was actually doing a job for a marine a couple years ago and he said he got a new one and gave me the phantom :luxhello: maybe I'm charging the battery on the wrong settings? the charger blinks green and when I plug the battery in it it does the same, It's set on LIPo 3a I'll try and upload some pics

Mr_Fixit 09-22-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HobieOneCanoebe (Post 269399)
DJI phantom 1 it's stock I don't have the owners manual I was actually doing a job for a marine a couple years ago and he said he got a new one and gave me the phantom :luxhello: maybe I'm charging the battery on the wrong settings? the charger blinks green and when I plug the battery in it it does the same, It's set on LIPo 3a I'll try and upload some pics

Most likely you have a bad battery. Have you tried a new/replacement? LIPO is a great battery, but they are very delicate. If you over/under charge them, they are toast. Internal shorts are not uncommon, which results in extremely odd behavior.

HobieOneCanoebe 09-22-2016 03:02 PM

shoot maybe I'll have to try a new battery thanks for the help I'll give you an update when the new battery gets here