Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Garmin Ready transducer mount (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=35371)

whereubinh 06-16-2020 07:30 PM

Garmin Ready transducer mount

2 Attachment(s)
I am looking to make and sell these transducer mounts for the garmin units to fit into a hobie transducer slot. There is a option for two different style covers. DM me if you would like one. $20

ProfessorLongArms 06-17-2020 12:28 PM

Awesome work dude! Had I not butchered my Lowrance ready and zip-tied, I would totally be interested in one. Curious why you opted to leave the bottom open... Do you see there being a big enough interference from the plastic to trade-off protecting the transducer?

whereubinh 06-17-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms (Post 308169)
Awesome work dude! Had I not butchered my Lowrance ready and zip-tied, I would totally be interested in one. Curious why you opted to leave the bottom open... Do you see there being a big enough interference from the plastic to trade-off protecting the transducer?

Thanks man. I left it open originally because it makes it easier to flush the sand out of there and also thought that the trap sand and plastic would affect the readings. But from what I've been reading from other forums, the plastic and sand shouldn't affect the readings. Either way, this thing works perfectly right now.

45user 06-17-2020 06:19 PM

Will it fit any garmin transducer? My old lowrance HDS is about to give up ghost and thinking about getting a garmin..mainly due to the price. Which garmin do you have?
Thanks!

whereubinh 06-17-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45user (Post 308176)
Will it fit any garmin transducer? My old lowrance HDS is about to give up ghost and thinking about getting a garmin..mainly due to the price. Which garmin do you have?
Thanks!

I have the Garmin Striker Plus 5cv. I'm thinking most of the gramin transducer has the same bolt pattern. as for the length, I am not sure. If you have the dimension of your transducer, I can do a quick measurement.

45user 06-17-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whereubinh (Post 308179)
I have the Garmin Striker Plus 5cv. I'm thinking most of the gramin transducer has the same bolt pattern. as for the length, I am not sure. If you have the dimension of your transducer, I can do a quick measurement.

Haven’t bought the garmin yet
I’m trying to revive my old lowrance by giving it a cleaning and some dielectric grease treatment
We will see if comes back alive and if it doesn’t I will probably go with garmin’s 5” or 6” model
I’m pretty comfortable with the setting on my lowrance so trying hard not to learn new ff if I can...
My concern also was how to fit the transducer in the lowrance ready kayak but your idea solves that problem
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris138 06-18-2020 12:21 PM

Wow rad... you are on to something here.

Are you 3D printing this thing? Super cool.

whereubinh 06-18-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 308191)
Wow rad... you are on to something here.

Are you 3D printing this thing? Super cool.

Yes, It is 3d printed.

Harry Hill 06-18-2020 01:43 PM

Can you make one that will work on an Old Town Predator PDL?

whereubinh 06-18-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hill (Post 308193)
Can you make one that will work on an Old Town Predator PDL?

DM me. I don't really know what it looks like but I'm sure I can draft something with information you give me.

Harry Hill 06-18-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whereubinh (Post 308200)
DM me. I don't really know what it looks like but I'm sure I can draft something with information you give me.

I will take some pictures tomorrow and try to get some measurements

Harry Hill 06-19-2020 09:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hill (Post 308202)
I will take some pictures tomorrow and try to get some measurements

This is what the mount looks like on the Old Town Predator

Harry Hill 06-19-2020 09:35 AM

that is really the bottom of the kayak, I don't know why the pictures loaded sideways

whereubinh 06-19-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hill (Post 308227)
that is really the bottom of the kayak, I don't know why the pictures loaded sideways

Ok. I'll private message you.

Harry Hill 06-19-2020 10:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the images you asked for, I hope they help

Harry Hill 06-19-2020 11:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This is how mine is mounted in my Predator, it is a Garmin SV7, which is what I will install on my wifes kayak as well. As you can see it fits up into the pocket and is flush with the bottom. If you want I can take it off my yak and take a series of pictures.

Aznronin 06-23-2020 08:09 PM

I’m interested.