Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Baja - Shirts - Interest? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=32521)

Denis_Ruso 02-07-2018 03:56 PM

Baja - Shirts - Interest?

1 Attachment(s)
UPDATE:
I have submitted the order for printing. Sorry this will only be for t-shirts as the want for long sleeves was limited.

I went ahead with a 100% ringspun cotton premium preshrunk shirt. Should have the order delivered on March 1st.

It wasn't a huge order so sizes are limited especially the larger sizes. PM me ASAP to reserve your size!

The price will be 25$.
***20% from every shirt will go toward Landwhale's GoFund for medical expenses. ***

Pre-Order by Private Messege. Payment via Paypal or Venmo.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

MakoBob - 4 Large - Pre - Paid
ProffesorLongArms - 1 Medium - Pre - Paid
CorvinaLoca - 1 Large - - Pre - Paid
Baja_Traveler - 2 X-Large - Paid
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

In my last trip down to Bob's Camp - I spent a significant amount of time at the Restaurant meeting the locals and chatting with the camp owner Luise. I absolutely loved it and wanted something to remember it by. I saw their t-shirts hanging on the wall of "Campo La Poma" and was disappointed. As much as I wanted to buy one to remember the trip, I know myself and I would probably never wear it because of the cheap shirt and non-appealing design.

I told myself that I could probably make a design I preferred and get it printed on a quality shirt I liked.

4 months later I've finished up a design I like and I'll be bringing some shirts down as a present to Luise for his restaurant on my next trip.

I just wanted to gauge the interest of the BWE community. See if anyone would be interested in one of these?

I've ball parked the cost and depending on interest it may drive the price down. I am not looking to make money on this project so I'll price them very close to what they cost me to make and ship. Probably in the 20-25$. I have two designs and have not finalized the colors. But I'm digging the grey and green.

Otherwise, you will see them on the wall down in Campo La Poma after my next visit.

MrPatrick 02-07-2018 05:06 PM

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProfessorLongArms 02-07-2018 05:19 PM

As someone who looks at design portfolios for a living

I think that is a badass, well laid out logo and I would TOTALLY buy one. Nice color too!

Tandem Assassin 02-08-2018 05:08 AM

I like the 1st one..

stevie951 02-08-2018 08:30 AM

Anything on the backs? I bought a couple from them last time, are they still the ones with the small logo near the pocket area on the front then the island on the back in a much larger logo? I wear these every chance i get, i think his daughter designed them? I really like the design they have going now but nonetheless yours i'm sure would be a welcome addition and i'm sure Louis would appreciate it!!

ProfessorLongArms 02-08-2018 08:49 AM

Oh yeah! also I especially like the design with the peninsula more than the tailfin. I would definitely go for a gray and green

farreola 02-08-2018 10:25 AM

Nice!!! I would be interested in one. Could you get some in long sleeve?

Denis_Ruso 02-08-2018 11:01 AM

I appreciate the feedback and the comments keep them coming! I too prefer the first design. I just wanted to have a couple different ones.

ProfLongArms - definitely appreciate the compliment especially if this is what you do. This is not my specialty, I just did some doodling, painting and 2d design classes back in the day.

Stevie - Yep still the same ones, full photo print of the island. I didn't know that the design was made by Luise's daughter. Cool! I don't think the design was my main concern, mainly the cheap AAA shirt its printed on. I know I wouldn't wear it anywhere outside of kayak fishing and even then I like something a little less scratchy.

Farreola - I though about doing some long sleeves but printing is one of those things where if you're making them in small numbers the cost sky rockets. As I'm doing this out of my own pocket, I'll have to have a little bit more interest for anything other than a t-shirt. Keep you posted.

makobob 02-08-2018 05:20 PM

I will buy a couple, also long sleeves would be nice. Nice design.

Baja_Traveler 02-09-2018 08:30 AM

I know exactly where you are coming from - having made a bunch of shirts for my silhouette shooting buddies. Getting all the sizes needed and then trying to get to the next price break quantity and you start talking about real money out of pocket up front.

That said - I'd buy 2 XL's to help get this off the ground. A large Baja logo of some type on the back would be a bonus.
I don't wear long sleeves unless they are the really nice SPF rated sun shirts.

Denis_Ruso 02-12-2018 11:06 AM

Alright guys so I have submitted the order for printing. Sorry this will only be for tshirts as the want for long sleeves was limited.

I went ahead with a 100% ringspun cotton premium preshrunk shirt. Should have the order delivered on March 1st.

It wasn't a huge order so sizes are limited especially the larger sizes. PM me ASAP to reserve your size!

The price will be 25$.
***20% from every shirt will go toward Landwhale's GoFund for medical expenses. ***

makobob 02-13-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 290268)
Alright guys so I have submitted the order for printing. Sorry this will only be for tshirts as the want for long sleeves was limited.

The price will be 25$.

Paypaled $100 for 4 large, thank you amigo, Tight Lines.

Denis_Ruso 02-13-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 290299)
Paypaled $100 for 4 large, thank you amigo, Tight Lines.

Thanks Bob. Got you down for 4.
:you_rock:

Denis_Ruso 02-13-2018 12:44 PM

I've updated the orders up top. I will keep you guys updated once I receive the shirts and package them up for shipping.

Denis_Ruso 02-23-2018 12:59 PM

Update: Printing company has confirmed that the printing is complete. They have created a shipping label and are on track to deliver the shirts to me on March 1st.

Denis_Ruso 03-05-2018 07:13 AM

Shirts are in guys, I'll try to get them shipped out today!

Denis_Ruso 03-05-2018 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prepped all ordered shirts for shipping, your shirts will be dropped off at the post office tommorow. Thank you all! Hoping you like them. Tight lines!

If anyone still wants one, PM me. I still have mediums, large XL and 2XL

ProfessorLongArms 03-08-2018 07:54 AM

Just got mine!!! Came out great. Thanks Denis!

Denis_Ruso 03-15-2018 10:05 AM

Thanks again everyone.

Just made the 50$ donation to Steve Green's GoFundMe on behalf of BWE.

Rest of the shirts will be brought down to Baja.

makobob 03-15-2018 10:16 AM

Nice job, thank you.