Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   O Gravity VS Camprite VS Hamocks (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29496)

makobob 07-08-2016 10:46 AM

O Gravity VS Camprite VS Hamocks

Camprites are great at camp togethers, comfortable, and inclosed. Keeping the bugs out, but hotter in Baja if no breeze is blowing.

Hamocks are nice in the summer, not as hot as a Camprite or tent. With a mosquito net over they are a GREAT way to spend the night on a Baja beach, if you have a way to string them up.

I have yet to put someone into a 0 Gravity chair who has laid back and NOT fallen asleep. Still figuring a way to incorporate netting.

My best nights of sleep seem to be:
Set up 0 Gravity chair outside on the sand with no overhead covering, lay back with shot of Bailey's. Enjoy the stars, count the satallites and shooting stars, shoot the sh-t with who ever is there, wake up the following morning relaxed and ready to tackle those Baja fish.

So this post is to see what YOUR favorite way to sleep in Baja is, BUT not interested in WITH WHOM, just comfort. Which of the above do you prefer and why. Thanks and Tight Lines.

MrPukaShell 07-08-2016 11:29 AM

Can't forget about a nice cot under the stars. I for one switch from front to back during the night so a cot is the way to go for me. If there were bugs I would think about getting one of those screen tents so I could still see the stars.

The gravity chair is awesome and Costco has a nice one. It even has a little table that slides out to keep your beverage out of the sand. I believe it goes for around $60.00. Come on October.....

taggermike 07-09-2016 06:52 AM

Those camp rites look sweet. Fast n easy to set up and comfy. Much better than my traditional style of throwing a damp towel down on top of the sharpest rocks I can find, wrapping my shoes in my t shirt as a pillow, being miserable for several hours, getting bitten by every bug in the area, and then finding some thing venomous under the towel in the morning. Mike

YakDout 07-09-2016 07:58 AM

I too prefer the openness of the sky. The laid back chairs are definitely the way to go. The bugs are just a very small price you pay for being in paradise. I usually forget about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walrus 07-10-2016 05:10 PM

I prefer a cot. I don't find bugs being much of an issue, it's the cats that pounce on your feet and bite your toes that keep me awake.

I can't sleep in a sitting or reclined position, I need to be flat.

makobob 07-10-2016 05:47 PM

THEN you will be happy to know none of this years litter survived. You should sleep well this time around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by walrus (Post 264939)
I prefer a cot. I don't find bugs being much of an issue, it's the cats that pounce on your feet and bite your toes that keep me awake.

I can't sleep in a sitting or reclined position, I need to be flat.

YakDout 07-10-2016 07:13 PM

What about the damn rooster? I contemplated letting that thing loose two years ago.

makobob 07-10-2016 07:46 PM

CATCH him if you can, he is sneeky, LOUD, and never knows what time it is. BE my quest!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 264948)
What about the damn rooster? I contemplated letting that thing loose two years ago.

SDROB 07-11-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 264944)
THEN you will be happy to know none of this years litter survived. You should sleep well this time around.

I seen a cat every night I was down there on the last trip. It scared the crap out of me in the middle of the night as I woke up and it was walking right next to my cot.

makobob 07-11-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDROB (Post 265017)
I seen a cat every night I was down there on the last trip. It scared the crap out of me in the middle of the night as I woke up and it was walking right next to my cot.

YES but no cuddly kittens to chase yur tail at night.

farreola 07-12-2016 11:30 AM

I alternate from the zero gravity to the hammock... both or very comfortable sleep, and can't beat the setup on either.