Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   4th of July at Mako-ville (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31354)

makobob 06-18-2017 03:32 PM

4th of July at Mako-ville

OPEN invite to BWE members. I finish in San Quintin on the 24th after the Tourney. On the morning of the 25th I will travel from there thru El Roserio and Lago Chapalla to Rancho Grande, I expect to arrive in our paradise about noon. I will be in camp from then until I leave on the morning of the 6th of July. All are welcome, I plan my dinners at restaurant about 5-530 so there is time for the awesome evening bite. Who is coming?? I will be gone and out of touch so it will be up to those coming to figure how much meat to bring for restaurant to feed the crowd. I have ribs and shrimp for a couple of those nights.

HIGH 90's days, 80 at night, predicted winds BELOW 10 Mph for the week. BRING a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses, long shirts and a buff. Last trip a couple of guys looked like raccoons with burnt circles around the eyes. On the water or off you really need to cover up.

Do not bring extra gallon waters as I have over 20 but small bottles are great, I also have pleanty of paper towels, plates and toilet paper in camp. Running short on plastic sliverware, plastic cups and paper bowls.

The quad and generator are full of gas, but the Gregor which fishes two uses 3 gallons of gas a day. If you plan on using the Gregor bring some gas, preferably premium. Solar is running ok so no poblem charging your electrinics.

Post here so you can figure meals, Tight Lines and Happy 4th of July to all.

FullFlavorPike 06-18-2017 03:55 PM

this guy...generosity knows NO BOUNDS!

makobob 06-18-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike (Post 281385)
this guy...generosity knows NO BOUNDS!

Only the ones we place on our selves.

Denis_Ruso 06-19-2017 07:39 AM

I have some time off for 4th of July. 4 days to be exact. I may be driving down If I can find a co-pilot.n :you_rock:

makobob 06-19-2017 09:10 AM

Good luck with the co pilot, don't be in a hurry, it is an easy drive. Past Mexicali it is mostly 45-65pmh. Slow for small towns and you will be fine. Hope you can make it, if not have a great 4th where ever you find yourself. Tight Lines.

Sivak 06-19-2017 10:22 AM

Bob:

I'll be there for a few days. My plan is to leave on or around the 29th and stay until the 5th. Kelly is most likely going to join me and I'll try and talk Shelley into it as well...It might be too hot for her.

Dave

makobob 06-19-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivak (Post 281445)
Bob:

I'll be there for a few days. My plan is to leave on or around the 29th and stay until the 5th. Kelly is most likely going to join me and I'll try and talk Shelley into it as well...It might be too hot for her.

Dave

I'll keep an eye out for you guys, have a safe trip down. Tight Lines.

Sivak 06-27-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 281431)
I have some time off for 4th of July. 4 days to be exact. I may be driving down If I can find a co-pilot.n :you_rock:

Dennis, I'm going down on Friday now. Are you still going?

SDROB 06-28-2017 06:58 AM

Ill be up there on Saturday the first, for a week. I should be arriving at around 1-2pm. Ill see you guys down there.

Denis_Ruso 06-28-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivak (Post 281911)
Dennis, I'm going down on Friday now. Are you still going?

Doesn't look like it's gona happen for me. I ended up getting a charter out to SCI on Saturday. So that puts a hamper in those plans.

farreola 06-28-2017 12:16 PM

I wish I could make it, but I am extremely busy right now. My wife and I are in the processes of taking over her family's business (Chinese restaurant). We are remodeling and revamping the business. Hopefully some of you can stop by on your way down or upon your return. The restaurant Golden Dragon is located in Calexico on Imperial Ave. That is the street that leads to the boarder. We are planning to reopen on the 1st week of July. That is if all our ducks line up.

Sivak 06-28-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 281920)
Doesn't look like it's gona happen for me. I ended up getting a charter out to SCI on Saturday. So that puts a hamper in those plans.

No problem hope you catch lots.

Sivak 06-28-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farreola (Post 281931)
I wish I could make it, but I am extremely busy right now. My wife and I are in the processes of taking over her family's business (Chinese restaurant). We are remodeling and revamping the business. Hopefully some of you can stop by on your way down or upon your return. The restaurant Golden Dragon is located in Calexico on Imperial Ave. That is the street that leads to the boarder. We are planning to reopen on the 1st week of July. That is if all our ducks line up.

I like Chinese food a lot! I will have to give it a try. Will be nice to have a good meal after crossing the border.

Sivak 06-28-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDROB (Post 281917)
Ill be up there on Saturday the first, for a week. I should be arriving at around 1-2pm. Ill see you guys down there.

See you there Rob. It's going to be a little warm!

Baja_Traveler 06-28-2017 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivak (Post 281934)
I like Chinese food a lot! I will have to give it a try. Will be nice to have a good meal after crossing the border.

Thats what I was thinking - I go through there too early on the way down, but on the way back it would be a perfect lunch stop...

MrPukaShell 06-29-2017 07:37 AM

Sounds like a great lunch spot on the way home. Good luck with the project

Quote:

Originally Posted by farreola (Post 281931)