Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   SD bay to Mission bay anyone? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=19446)

jaws197 09-04-2013 09:00 PM

SD bay to Mission bay anyone?

1 Attachment(s)
After some back and forth with Ddwineguy we were thinking of seeing who would be interested in joining?

Because of our schedules he and I can only sync our schedules for this Friday after this one, on the ............Friday the 13th........:eek::eek::eek:

I am starting the ball rolling and David (Ddwineguy) will ping in as well.

We are taking a preliminary head count and also asking for some info from some of the other experienced members here for their input as well. One thing that will determine direction ( sd to mb or vice versa) will be current direction coupled with swell size and direction. A preliminary google map estimate puts it at about 13 &1/2 miles. Launch and landing options would be Shelter Island in SD Bay, and the public launch next to Dana Landing in Mission Bay. Easy on both ends!

Attachment 10263

Thanks again to easyday for starting this and we hope you and your co-conspirators can join!

Looks like this could be epic with a possible side trip out to the wrecks off of Mission beach as well as the kelp off the Ocean beach pier to make it even better!:D :reel:

Any and all are more than welcome to join or chime in with advice and questions!:D:D:D

Let us know what you think?:idea:

dbrogdon5 09-04-2013 09:09 PM

Trip

Hey I'm down to join! What time would you be heading out? And is Friday the 13yh set in stone? Sounds like a great trip to me

GregAndrew 09-04-2013 10:40 PM

Save yourself a half mile or so by launching/landing at the park on the North jetty. Current is going to be hard to determine. Tides could play a role in the channels too.

dmrides 09-05-2013 05:58 AM

I have done this trip a few times. It is a great adventure with awesome fishing along the way and a lot of isolation. Typically I launch at mariners cove and end at Kellogg's to save some paddling.

I prefer to go from mission to sd bay as the current typically goes that way. Make sure you head out and in with the tides!

Good luck, have fun and post some pics.

Old Man in the Sea 09-05-2013 06:29 AM

2 cents...

go from mission bay to SD bay - go with the current and wind - leave MB on out going tide - incoming tide to SD bay

dbrogdon5 09-10-2013 08:21 AM

so, is anyone going to be making this trip on friday?

addicted2sp33d 09-10-2013 09:20 AM

Just curious... how do you guys reunite the kayaks with the cars at the end of these long-distance trips? :confused:

finyak 09-10-2013 10:43 AM

Humm...

dbrogdon5 09-10-2013 12:16 PM

UPS, fed EX:D

Someone with a trailer or kayak accessible vehicle meet at SD bay and drive us back??? Idk

easyday 09-10-2013 02:04 PM

Man I so wish I could go this was the next trip me and a buddy were planning. I work friday. I really wish I could go. Good luck guys and have fun. Cant wait to see the report.

dbrogdon5 09-10-2013 03:34 PM

well it doesn't sound like this trip is for sure. anyone want to join?

easyday 09-10-2013 07:07 PM

I will be working 7 days a week until the end of September. Once September ends I will basically have 2 weeks of nothing to do so I will most certainly be down for any long range trip anyone throws together, and I will be planning more long range trips. I hope this works out for you guys.

Ddwineguy 09-12-2013 01:04 PM

So this trip kind of got put on the back burner thanks to a nasty attack of diverticulitis I have been suffering through. Doctors orders to take it easy for a bit. Who's in for two weeks from this Friday? I am feeling well enough to chase butts at SI bright and early if anyone wants to join.

ocurtis 09-12-2013 08:07 PM

Isn't this Friday hydra boats in mission bay?