Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   mirage drive, PA seat and bait tank FS (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=16210)

lowprofile 11-28-2012 06:16 PM

mirage drive, PA seat and bait tank FS

on CL, good deal on the drive.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/boa/3442113028.html

Baja_Traveler 11-28-2012 08:18 PM

PA Damaged beyond repair - I'll bet it ended up on the freeway and got run over :eek:

Wouldn't that put a pit in your stomach...

MrM 11-28-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 140225)
PA Damaged beyond repair - I'll bet it ended up on the freeway and got run over :eek:

Wouldn't that put a pit in your stomach...

I thought the same thing. "Used five times" + extreme damage = more than likely took a longer road trip to a new fishing spot and didn't tie it down right. What a bummer that would be..... I feel bad for the guy regardless.

lowprofile 11-28-2012 09:27 PM

didn't even think about that. that would suck. i ratchet strap mine to the rack and tie to the front and back.

Drake 11-28-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowprofile (Post 140231)
didn't even think about that. that would suck. i ratchet strap mine to the rack and tie to the front and back.

Ratchet straps are the #1 cause of ruptured scuppers

bus kid 11-29-2012 06:19 AM

2 mirage drives a paddle and other various acceccories but. Kayak is damaged beyond repair, for sale on craigslist.... sounds like a HOT deal, Maybe ask them if they also have a rudder for a Hobie Adventure too.

JohnnyCope 11-29-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 140233)

X2 ! I learned the hard way.

lowprofile 11-29-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 140233)

I'm sure if you tighten it all the way down and make the hull flex. i've had too many of the regular straps come loose and allow the yak to shift, i like ratchet straps because they lock into place and take more effort to losen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bus kid (Post 140236)
2 mirage drives a paddle and other various acceccories but. Kayak is damaged beyond repair, for sale on craigslist.... sounds like a HOT deal, Maybe ask them if they also have a rudder for a Hobie Adventure too.

yep, looks like all the easy stuff to swipe off a trailer or out of the back of a truck. I searched for recent accidents involving a kayak and didn't find anything. but who knows.

StinkyMatt 11-29-2012 08:06 AM

Man, give the person the benefit.......

You don't know the guy, but a little respect would be great. Even speculating in public about others' integrity with absolutely zero evidence of wrongdoing is not cool.

:D

RedSledTeam 11-29-2012 09:29 AM

I started off using the ratchet straps, but when the load shifted, the strap tension relaxed and allowed the kayak to slip. In order to keep the tension the ratchet strap would have to be super-tight. I didn't want to deform the kayak so I used bungie straps instead. When adjusted properly, the bungies provided the right amount of tension and had enough elasticity to overcome any shock induced shifting of the kayak. It has worked very well so far.

bus kid 11-29-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkyMatt (Post 140246)
Man, give the person the benefit.......

You don't know the guy, but a little respect would be great. Even speculating in public about others' integrity with absolutely zero evidence of wrongdoing is not cool.

:D

Posted on the SD craigslist, items are in Palm springs, pictured in front of a storage unit,Items not listed on BWE or BD, (anyone who fishes knows that if you want to sell something fishing related you post it on a fishing website none bigger then BD,and if you dropped 2k+ on a fishing kayak you know of the fishing website to part it on.) and where is the battery and charger that the live well comes with, last but not least just going off past history of CL, yes not everything there is stolen but seems that alot of stolen goods are recovered there.

Now if someone contacts him/her and its legit, I'm sorry. :cheers1:

Baja_Traveler 11-29-2012 09:56 AM

In my 20+ years of hauling kayaks around I've found that if you have nice hull conforming saddles it takes very little to keep a kayak in place at highway speeds or down bouncing baja roads.
I was in the Oceanside shop just yesterday looking at the moulded PA saddles that Hobie sells, but they are now made of cheap plastic. When I get my PA14 next month I'm going to custom make fiberglass saddles that fit perfectly to the rack distance of my truck. That boat building experience from a past life is turning out to be useful afterall...

danjor 11-29-2012 01:33 PM

If he had a pro angler why did he have 2 standard mirage drives and 2 paddles?
I could understand if one had turbo fins but 2 of each, talk about over prepared.