Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   SAN QUINTIN HALIBUT Tourney 24 June (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31010)

makobob 04-24-2017 10:21 AM

SAN QUINTIN HALIBUT Tourney 24 June

This is a GO, have roughly 10 locals ready to take our GRINGO dollars.

Cost will be $25 to enter, paid in cash the night before the tourney or to pay pal me at ...R.Moore760@gmail.com. Longest halibut wins. I will be at Don Eddies the evening of the 23rd for you to pay up.

This is MY plan. 22 June go to San Quintin, 23 seafood party, 24 tourney, 25 June thru 4th July GONZAGA. Yes I will fish my SOLO for the tourney.

Anglers are:
Makobob
Chris138
Chris wife Linsey
Chris friend Seva
Baja_Traveler
Druk
Papa Joe
Papa Joe's wife Beverly.
--------------
EastLosYaker share free room
Kermit share free room
Stevie951 share free room

About 10 local mexican anglers so as of now we should have $400 for the winner. To add your self to the list please post HERE. Tight Lines amigos.

chris138 04-24-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 278687)
I REALLY NEED your input.

12 people need to show up this year. Post if you are coming. If I do not have 12 or more people I will cancel this and just do Gonzaga for my birthday. Cost will be $25 to enter, paid in cash the night before the tourney. Longest halibut wins. I will be at Don Eddies the evening of the 23rd for you to pay up.

This is MY plan. 22 June go to San Quintin, 23 seafood party, 24 tourney, 25 June thru 4th July GONZAGA.

Without 10 confirmed people I will just go to Gonzaga on the 22nd and stay thru the 4th of July. Both ways I will host a seafood party on the 23rd. Tight Lines. Yes I will fish my SOLO for the tourney.

I'm in... already made my reservations at Molino Viejo.

Also, my wife Linsey as well as our friend Seva will be fishing in g the tournament, so there's 3.

SDROB 04-24-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 278688)
I'm in... already made my reservations at Molino Viejo.

Also, my wife Linsey as well as our friend Seva will be fishing in g the tournament, so there's 3.

Nice! Only 7 more to go Bob. Good luck...

Guys in addition to halibut, the last two years there has been a lot of WSB caught on or near the 4th of July right in the bay. The hot ticket has been the 4 0z chrome crocs.

Fishing w George from KnM sport fishing I learned every stop he always had a 4 oz kroc in a rod holder sometimes solo or sometimes pinned w a squid or a mack he would just drop down and let sit. I got both WSB + Yellowtail 2 years in a row just for tossing out an extra rig in addition to whatever rig I was fishing.

Baja_Traveler 04-24-2017 11:39 AM

I'll be there - so long as they don't make me work that Fri/Sat, but as usual - I won't know until that week.

makobob 04-27-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 278692)
I'll be there - so long as they don't make me work that Fri/Sat, but as usual - I won't know until that week.

GREAT Kai, Tony told me he has 10+ locals ready to do it. Like last year they will have the home field advantage, so load your guns. I will arrive the 22nd about noon and have two rooms booked so there will be roon for a few. I plan on leaving on the morning of the 25 and head to Gonzaga for a week. You guys are welcome to join me or head back home. Tight Lines amigos. Again I will be staying at Don Eddie's.

Deamon 04-27-2017 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Help a Brotha out...you guys are trying to "catch" a what...a big butt?

makobob 04-28-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 278855)
Help a Brotha out...you guys are trying to "catch" a what...a big butt?

How many butts can you name??? Based on YOUR friends.

California Halibut Ful rac
Bonless pork rectums Baja_Traveler
Alaskan Halibut Makobob life long dream
Cortez Butt Rossman
Sumo Butt Deamon

Now it is YOUR turn to add to this list. Thanks guys, tight Lines and see you in a couple of weeks. Now off to Kentucky.

Druko 04-28-2017 11:59 AM

Count me as tentative. I should know by the first week of June

makobob 05-15-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 278880)
Count me as tentative. I should know by the first week of June

Druko you have been added to the list, welcome aboard. I will be at Don Eddies starting the night of the 22nd.

ALSO for the next 3 anglers to sign up AND to PayPal me their $25.00 for the tournament I will have an extra room for the 3 of you to share at Don Eddies, which will be free to you for the 22nd, 23rd and the 24th. Tight Lines amigos.

rossman 05-15-2017 10:21 AM

I'm in. Hey Bob, with all of your email grief, what email do I paypal you?

Don't need a room by the way.

makobob 05-15-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 279516)
I'm in. Hey Bob, with all of your email grief, what email do I paypal you?

Don't need a room by the way.

R.Moore760@gmail.com should be working now. Thanks

EastLosYaker 05-15-2017 10:36 AM

Hey Bob,

I'm in for this one. Sign me up along with Kermit. I will send you the two $25 entry fees now.

EastLosYaker 05-15-2017 10:41 AM

Also, Kermit and I would like to use the room, but we will not arrive until Friday 6/23. If it's a problem, just let me know and we'll figure out something else. Thanks!

makobob 05-15-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastLosYaker (Post 279519)
Also, Kermit and I would like to use the room, but we will not arrive until Friday 6/23. If it's a problem, just let me know and we'll figure out something else. Thanks!

LOOKS like Rossman, you and Kermit will be sharing the room. WELCOME aboard, gonna be fun again this year. Tight Lines.

Baja_Traveler 05-15-2017 11:19 AM

I'll pay you down at Gonzaga Bob. I plan on stringing the hammock on the trucks racks like I did last trip. Worked well...

makobob 05-15-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 279526)
I'll pay you down at Gonzaga Bob. I plan on stringing the hammock on the trucks racks like I did last trip. Worked well...

Can do amigo.

rossman 05-15-2017 01:17 PM

As mentioned in a previous post, I will not need a room Roberto. Give it to the next in line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 279522)
LOOKS like Rossman, you and Kermit will be sharing the room. WELCOME aboard, gonna be fun again this year. Tight Lines.

stevie951 05-15-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 279538)
As mentioned in a previous post, I will not need a room Roberto. Give it to the next in line.

I would love to take part in this, please let me know if the 3rd spot is still available Mako and I will PayPal the dinero to you. Much appreciated! :cheers1: Or if can do to avoid fees, I can give you the cash next week? :) Cheers!

makobob 05-15-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 279539)
I would love to take part in this, please let me know if the 3rd spot is still available Mako and I will PayPal the dinero to you. Much appreciated! :cheers1: Or if can do to avoid fees, I can give you the cash next week? :) Cheers!

OK Stevie951 is #3 in the room so the free room is full, Kai is sleeping in his truck so the last FREE room mine AND there is one bed available, make it yours by payPaling me YOUR $25 tournament fee Tight Lines.

chris138 05-15-2017 03:40 PM

Can't WAIT for this!!!!!