Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Any new info? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29055)

Phishphood 05-12-2016 04:25 PM

Any new info?

Headed out of LJ tomorrow for a 0530 launch in the grey. Love to know any info from today. Heard water temps dropped 3 degrees overnight. Definitely put the bass bite off today on the sport boats.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Edit: except the chubasco apparently

TheBoyScout 05-12-2016 04:43 PM

Buddy caught a thresher today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seaquinn 05-12-2016 04:47 PM

Any YT?

I have heard of lots of Threshies, but any yt?

I hear water has colored green and gotten colder.

FullFlavorPike 05-12-2016 06:16 PM

Swell from due south. Could be kinda weird out there. Surf's small but curly in north co right now. Not sure what the current's doing.

That's all I got!

Darrell 05-12-2016 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Launched at 10am, long sloppy paddle out. Went past the cluster of kayaks and few boats and saw several hooked up with threshers and saw 2 boated. Wasnt interested in dealing with the sharks and seals so ended up around the corner about a mile south of childrens pool. No one else around and no threshers or seals. Got this nice one about 11:30 slow trolling a spanish and lost a second one on the way in outside the condos trolling a big greenback. The second one made a big run and wrapped me around something, not kelp because my spectra was frayed above my leader connection. Fast easy paddle coming in around 2 with the swell and wind to my back. Saw a guy on a boat farm a yellow at the boat but didn't see or hear much else on the yellows. think i just got lucky. Might go again tommorow but im pretty beat after the long paddle. Good luckAttachment 19106

Phishphood 05-12-2016 08:02 PM

Thanks for the info guys!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Viper3173 05-12-2016 08:22 PM

I'll be out mañana, aiming to launch at 6. Olive outback. I'll be on 68, hopefully see you on the water. -Patrick

Murray 05-12-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell (Post 261033)
Launched at 10am, long sloppy paddle out. Went past the cluster of kayaks and few boats and saw several hooked up with threshers and saw 2 boated. Wasnt interested in dealing with the sharks and seals so ended up around the corner about a mile south of childrens pool. No one else around and no threshers or seals. Got this nice one about 11:30 slow trolling a spanish and lost a second one on the way in outside the condos trolling a big greenback. The second one made a big run and wrapped me around something, not kelp because my spectra was frayed above my leader connection. Fast easy paddle coming in around 2 with the swell and wind to my back. Saw a guy on a boat farm a yellow at the boat but didn't see or hear much else on the yellows. think i just got lucky. Might go again tommorow but im pretty beat after the long paddle. Good luckAttachment 19106

Man, that is one big yellow. Way to go. Enjoy.

surfisher 05-13-2016 06:59 PM

That's the key! Get away from the threshers and seals and you will probably catch a yellow.