Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   DVR Extreme Kayak Fishing....Cold Beer....Smile! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12363)

tunaseeker 01-13-2012 05:55 PM

DVR Extreme Kayak Fishing....Cold Beer....Smile!

Got home from a long day at work and grabbed a cold one and pulled up the DVR as the news is depressing. D'OH, Extreme Kayak Fishing is recorded! Friday AM... Set up the DVR when I heard NBCSports was now gonna provide this show on Time Warner Cable (TWC) Ch. 741. My first time to get to watch the show, AWESOME! Jim you have the life my man! Fishig Hannibal bank in Panama for Trevally and huge waves crashing against the rocks, wow! Then out to score a huge yellow fin tuna, so big he could not pull it into the yak! I'm stoked to have this on the DVR!!!! Thanks Jim for all you do for the sport and the kayaking community!

Mahalo nui loa!

Todd :luxhello:

Jim Sammons LJKF 01-14-2012 09:35 AM

Thanks, I am glad you liked the show. I have been to Panama twice and if I could I would go back every year, simply put it is a kayak fisherman's paradise.
We have some great shoots planned for this year as well. First stop is New Zealand, followed by Belize, Louisiana, The Amazon, Canada, Hawaii, and Baja. So if you wonder why I am rarely in LJ these days this is why.
I am on the road for over three months of the year.

dwntwnall4u 01-14-2012 02:43 PM

Just watched the show. Awsome times Jim.
That's looks like so much fun, and kinda scary with those swells crashing on the rocks. Can't wait for more episodes.

robmandel 01-14-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF (Post 104940)
We have some great shoots planned for this year as well. First stop is New Zealand, followed by Belize, Louisiana, The Amazon, Canada, Hawaii, and Baja. So if you wonder why I am rarely in LJ these days this is why.

gee, must suck to be you. anytime you need a break, I'll be happy to suffer such hardships :D:D:D

congrats on all the success. it's certainly well deserved :cheers1::cheers1::you_rock::you_rock:

Jimmyz123 01-15-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Thanks, I am glad you liked the show. I have been to Panama twice and if I could I would go back every year, simply put it is a kayak fisherman's paradise.

Hey Jim is there any word as to if they are going to carry the show more regularly? It sure fits into their fishing programs well.

Jim Sammons LJKF 01-15-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 (Post 104966)
Hey Jim is there any word as to if they are going to carry the show more regularly? It sure fits into their fishing programs well.

It is just a matter of Dollars. We buy the air time then sell the advertising spots. It costs a lot to be on NBC so if we have the big dollar sponsors we can put on more episodes. Hopefully that happens in the next year but who knows, just have to wait and see how well the show is recieved. Because of the much lower costs we are able to put on the full 13 episodes on WFN but for now only the three "best of" episodes on NBC.

Once again thanks for the kind words, I am glad you guys like the show.

Holy Mackerel 01-15-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

First stop is New Zealand, followed by Belize, Louisiana, The Amazon, Canada, Hawaii, and Baja.

Nice, living the dream!

Anyone know what channel on Direct TV, the show is on?

fishsouthcounty 01-15-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Mackerel (Post 104972)
Nice, living the dream!

Anyone know what channel on Direct TV, the show is on?

considering i think it was on NBCsports which was previously the VS network it should be on 603.

Watched as well, very entertaining. Thank you Jim.