Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2017 GONZAGA on the FLY 2017 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30199)

makobob 11-05-2016 08:05 AM

2017 GONZAGA on the FLY 2017

This is the big trip of the year. Dates are 22-30 October.
HOWEVER
I will be in camp from the 15th until the 30th. So some might come starting as early as the 15th.

This year because the trip was so popular you can sign up for week one or week two. This will allow for more people to enjoy paradise. Weather and fishing are both at their best in October so start your planning now, most of last years fishermen want to return so.........I might limit each week to 15 anglers.
Tight Lines.

Anglers are:
Week 1
Makobob CONFIRMED
Mahigeer CONFIRMED
Baja_Traveler CONFIRMED
MrPukaShell CONFIRMED
Sivak CONFIRMED
Sivak+ CONFIRMED

Week 2
Makobob CONFIRMED
MrPukaShell CONFIRMED
Serop CONFIRMED
Gr8fuldude CONFIRMED
Mike Scales CONFIRMED
Mike's little brother CONFIRMED
Domesta27 CONFIRMED
Domtesta27 friend CONFIRMED
Sivak CONFIRMED
Sivak+ CONFIRMED
Fishnstix CONFIRMED

Mahigeer 11-05-2016 08:20 AM

Marked on calendar already.

One week seemed too short the way that I do it.

If the boat is available, I like to bring my friend Ken Jones.
He is not a kayaker, but is an interesting person to meet.
More on him as we get close.

I guess we have to make caravan traveling arrangements.

makobob 11-05-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 271438)
Marked on calendar already.

One week seemed too short the way that I do it.

If the boat is available, I like to bring my friend Ken Jones.
He is not a kayaker, but is an interesting person to meet.
More on him as we get close.

I guess we have to make caravan traveling arrangements.

WHO are you kidding, I know you have it in YOUR GPS!!!!!

Mahigeer 11-05-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 271440)
WHO are you kidding, I know you have it in YOUR GPS!!!!!

I know how to get there, it is just safer to travel in a group as you always say.

Sivak 11-05-2016 08:51 AM

Count me in Bob

makobob 11-05-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivak (Post 271445)
Count me in Bob

You are on the list.

Hashem, Ken is welcome.

YakDout 11-05-2016 09:47 AM

Ill tentatively jump into week two.

MrPukaShell 11-05-2016 01:23 PM

Not missing out count me in.

makobob 11-05-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 271444)
I know how to get there, it is just safer to travel in a group as you always say.

So Hashem, arkadash mio, when you decide which week let me know and maybe you can lead that group down? And MOOOOORREE LAMB CHOPS PLEASE.
Thank you my friend.

MrPukaShell 11-05-2016 01:59 PM

Roberto, put me down for week 2 please.

Mahigeer 11-05-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 271454)
So Hashem, arkadash mio, when you decide which week let me know and maybe you can lead that group down? And MOOOOORREE LAMB CHOPS PLEASE.
Thank you my friend.

I have to talk to Ken first and then let you know.

Too far away to make a definite plans yet.

Dinner, this time, Persian menu at the camp. If Ken comes, he is a good cook. Used to run a restaurant.

makobob 11-05-2016 02:22 PM

Robert and Brandon, you are both IN. Now all you have to do it DREAM about it for a year. Robert again thank you for the mirror, and Brandon don't forget the Rangers. Ps I also ordered a few.

Mahigeer 11-05-2016 02:51 PM

The "list" has been updated.

Even some new items like these have been added.

Head net, fly traps, Ranger lures, high speed conventional reel and these:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...cessor=content

Gr8fuldude 11-05-2016 08:32 PM

Roberto, puedes contar conmigo para la segunda semana!! Un buen lugar para celebrar mi cumpleanos! (put me down for week 2 :D)

Mike scales 11-06-2016 07:03 AM

Count me in!! My little brother may join me. He's a chef and he will cook us an amazing feast!
Week numero dos!

YakDout 11-06-2016 07:07 AM

Ill have my sentri for this one. My two hour wait just turned into 10-15 minutes.

Mike scales 11-06-2016 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 271480)
Ill have my sentri for this one. My two hour wait just turned into 10-15 minutes.

Need to start my sentry process now. That line gets wicked long.

John M 11-06-2016 07:13 AM

Bob
Sign me up for 3 spots the 2nd week.
I just bought 3 ranger lures.

John M.

YakDout 11-06-2016 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike scales (Post 271481)
Need to start my sentry process now. That line gets wicked long.

And the line to get the sentri pass is wicked long too! Haha definitely start now.

makobob 11-06-2016 08:11 AM

John M and two have been added to week two.
WEEK TWO is now half full. Tight lines

John M 11-06-2016 08:44 AM

Sentri is worth having.
Fitz & me crossed thru east gate Sentri Sunday about 1:00pm. Took about 30 min. Should have been quicker but they only had one Sentri lane open.

John

Mahigeer 11-06-2016 12:41 PM

Looks like I will be in week one for now.

I still need to talk to two friends. I will confirm later, we got a lot time until then.

A new item for the list:
http://www.mycoolingstore.com/evapor...tml#undefined2

MrPukaShell 11-06-2016 04:39 PM

First thing I did when I returned. Paperwork has been submitted and they cashed the check as they say.

Mahigeer 11-07-2016 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPukaShell (Post 271501)
First thing I did when I returned. Paperwork has been submitted and they cashed the check as they say.

What happens if you have someone else with you and he/she does not have their own pass?

Do you have to go to the regular line?

makobob 11-07-2016 06:48 AM

Yes to use Sentri everyone in vechicle needs theri own sentri. But you ride alone with all your gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 271506)
What happens if you have someone else with you and he/she does not have their own pass?

Do you have to go to the regular line?

Mahigeer 11-07-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 271508)
Yes to use Sentri everyone in vechicle needs theri own sentri. But you ride alone with all your gear.

You are correct sir, but I was wondering about Robert, who has been giving ride to others.

I don't mind getting the pass, but I may have friends next October without the pass.

I just have to make sure to travel during weekdays.

MrPukaShell 11-07-2016 10:07 AM

This is my fair warning. If anyone wants to drive with me they will indeed need a pass of their own. I will have my Sentri pass ASAP. If I can get through the border in 15 minutes or less I will drive down for Tacos and Shrimp just because.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 271516)
You are correct sir, but I was wondering about Robert, who has been giving ride to others.

I don't mind getting the pass, but I may have friends next October without the pass.

I just have to make sure to travel during weekdays.

Mahigeer 11-07-2016 11:52 AM

While it is fresh in my mind, I would like to remind the future visitors to the Campo Las Encantadas of the following:

There is a freezer in the camp (to keep your catch in it) that needs the generator to run for its electricity. The generator uses gasoline.
If you use Bob’s boat it uses gasoline.
If you use the Quad for your personal use, it uses gasoline.

If you use the great vacuum pack machine at the camp for your catch, it uses bags.
If you clean your fish, take showers, use the bathroom the water has to be bought.
Bob pays a yearly lease out of pocket in order to keep the camp at our disposal.
All of the above cost money.

Bob used to mention a $5.00 water fee, but he has not done so recently.

We should not take advantage of his generosity, because he does not say anything.

Therefore, please make sure that you do not forget to make a generous donation to the camp fund before you leave the camp.

Bob’s hospitality should not be taken for granted.

Thanks for reading and hopefully remembering. I will post this again when we get closer as a reminder.

Dannowar 11-07-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 271524)
While it is fresh in my mind, I would like to remind the future visitors to the Campo Las Encantadas of the following:

There is a freezer in the camp (to keep your catch in it) that needs the generator to run for its electricity. The generator uses gasoline.
If you use Bob’s boat it uses gasoline.
If you use the Quad for your personal use, it uses gasoline.

If you use the great vacuum pack machine at the camp for your catch, it uses bags.
If you clean your fish, take showers, use the bathroom the water has to be bought.
Bob pays a yearly lease out of pocket in order to keep the camp at our disposal.
All of the above cost money.

Bob used to mention a $5.00 water fee, but he has not done so recently.

We should not take advantage of his generosity, because he does not say anything.

Therefore, please make sure that you do not forget to make a generous donation to the camp fund before you leave the camp.

Bob’s hospitality should not be taken for granted.

Thanks for reading and hopefully remembering. I will post this again when we get closer as a reminder.

GREAT POST

domtesta27 11-07-2016 01:56 PM

Bob please put me down for week 2, I wouldn't miss this trip for the world.

domtesta27 11-07-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPukaShell (Post 271517)
This is my fair warning. If anyone wants to drive with me they will indeed need a pass of their own. I will have my Sentri pass ASAP. If I can get through the border in 15 minutes or less I will drive down for Tacos and Shrimp just because.

Robert I will start working on getting mine as well, anything special I need to do in order to get it started? Would be great to be able to ride with you again.

YakDout 11-07-2016 02:03 PM

Yep what hashem said. It doesnt make sense to me that people need to read a post like that to understand that these things cost money.

YakDout 11-07-2016 02:06 PM

2017 GONZAGA on the FLY 2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by domtesta27 (Post 271534)
Robert I will start working on getting mine as well, anything special I need to do in order to get it started? Would be great to be able to ride with you again.

Dom, google GOES, and the government website should come up with all info on what is needed. Make sure to enclose any prior arrests (not saying you have any) as they will find out but are not tolerant of liars. It is still possible to get a sentri with prior misdemeanor convictions as long as you are truthful in the application. Also, keep in mind once you are approved you will have to drive down to san ysidro for a face to face interview, which is no big deal besides time consuming. If you are gonna try to get one better start soon, as they are very busy. Could take most of the year to get approved and schedule an interview.

Brandon

Mahigeer 11-07-2016 04:03 PM

WOW, I mean wow.

Just finished the application for Sentri at GOES---Global Online Entry System.

wooieeeeee. It was painful.

So far only $25.00 cost. Is there more charges to come???

YakDout 11-07-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 271548)
WOW, I mean wow.

Just finished the application for Sentri at GOES---Global Online Entry System.

wooieeeeee. It was painful.

So far only $25.00 cost. Is there more charges to come???

Yes I believe about another hundred dollars. But its good for five years and you only have to do the interview once.

YakDout 11-07-2016 04:26 PM

Make sure you register your car when you complete the app.

Sivak 11-07-2016 04:41 PM

Sentri

On the last trip, I crossed in 10 minutes :), went flying right by you guys even after I got shrimp and followed the FJ all the way back to the border crossing.

FYI
Everyone in the vehicle must have global entry. The driver must have Sentri on the vehicle registered thru your application. Make sure you pay attention when doing your application, you can miss it if you don't read everything. Also you can not have a trailer of any kind behind your vehicle. Most importantly, Global Entry is a privilege, it can be revoked for any reason so make sure you mind your p's and q's.

Worst days to cross the border is Sunday and Monday.

Hope it helps.

Mahigeer 11-07-2016 05:00 PM

Sivak,

Your post sure helped.

Especially with the no trailer, and Sunday and Mondays being the busy days.

I thought Saturday and Sunday were the worst. I guess people are traveling south on Saturday, and try to avoid Sunday, so they cross on Monday.

I will change my crossing to Tuesdays now.

I did put in the information about the car, but had a lot of problem with accepting my home address!

If it is going to cost $125.00 to keep me from pissing in my pants, while waiting for the passing (when I drive alone), it will be worth it.

As the French would say--keskosa FJ??

MrPukaShell 11-07-2016 05:00 PM

I applied through GOES and it was $100.00 for each of us. I applied for me and my wife so I did the paperwork twice. They accepted the money but nothing from them as of yet.

YakDout 11-07-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPukaShell (Post 271556)
I applied through GOES and it was $100.00 for each of us. I applied for me and my wife so I did the paperwork twice. They accepted the money but nothing from them as of yet.

Robert, when you login to you account on goes does your app say pending review yet? It might say app submitted for a couple days but it will say pending review for months and months. At least for me it took that long. From the day I filled out my app to the day I get my sentri will be over six months.