Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Completely unrelated to fishing - Your Username (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=9367)

RedSledTeam 02-09-2011 02:27 PM

OK, OK. Mine is self explanatory (We're on a red outfitter), but my avatar may need some explanation. I'm a freediver from way, way back. I learned from a buddy named Carlos and I was part of a club called the LB Neptunes. I've taken my share of fish, but now it's time for me to give back to the sport by teaching my offspring to harvest fish from the ocean. They've been on diving trips with me but they're not ready for Freediving yet, but they are willing to kayak fish. This is my way of getting them closer to the water. Its only a matter of time until they will go over the side! :cool: :wsb::yt:

Quilted Germ 02-09-2011 02:32 PM

Quilted Germ - what's there to explain?

Used to play online chess with a buddy across the country. When I signed up, all the usernames i wanted were taken so the computer made a few suggestions.....couldn't pass it up.

dorado50 02-09-2011 02:59 PM

in response to yakrider(Josh), A few days before my brother's son was born we were fishing Cabo and really big into marlins. On the flight home, a day and a half before he was born, we named the kid... Marlin Chase...high fives between us until the wife found out! Got to at least keep the middle name"Chase".

bus kid 02-09-2011 03:15 PM

For my 15th birthday I bought a 1969 VW Bus. My dad made me drop the engine and completely rebuild it from the ground up. The next summer I got my drivers license, and got the motor in the bus, my dad handed me a empty gas can and dropped a $10.00 inside, told me when I get it out, I could walk to the gas station, fill the can, walk home fill up the bus and drive it. all around town all people kept saying was " nice bus kid". 30 years + of age now I just sold it for $20k but still have a bug. cant wait to give it to my son without the motor of course so he can start his own.

StinkyMatt 02-09-2011 03:49 PM

Well Matt is Matt

Stinky is the smell most often associated with my lack of fishing success!

ful-rac 02-09-2011 04:46 PM

Ful-rac is the shortend name of type of fishing I like to do....I love it when the fishing goes Full rack, which means wide open. I think the term comes from the racks that the old commercial tuna guys used to fish from years ago.

tunaseeker 02-09-2011 04:54 PM

Entertaining Post....

I have not really done much salt water fishing, grew up in Big Bear hitting the trout in the summer and slopes in the winter, but dreamed of hooking up a large tuna. Some day that dream will come true... So there ya go..
<O:p</O:p
Tunaseeker...<O:p</O:p

Hunter (The 80's Man) 02-09-2011 07:40 PM

Hunter: Last name

The 80's man: Was in highschool from mid to late 80s... The 80s left such an impression in my life that I married the hot chick next door who was born in 1980 (he he he). Hence, "The 80s man"

Pescavore1 02-09-2011 08:05 PM

I eat everything I catch including greenback and spanish mackerel. Some would call it bait but I call it saba and aji…yummm. Actually, I can eat just about anything so Ominivore would have been more appropriate but Pescavore seemed more original.

theluckypig 02-09-2011 09:12 PM

my middle name is korean and sounds like the korean word for pig or pork... so some friends would call me "the pig"... it evolved from that to the translation of korean to english of a piggy bank... pok daegi = "lucky pig" dumb, but works for me...

jorluivil 02-09-2011 09:42 PM

Jorge
Luis
Villegas

Ergo jorluivil................:D

My AKA is my user name on Bloodydecks. I used to spend lots of time on that site (over 1500 post and counting) but when I bought my yak and sold my boat it all changed. Its a cool site but it caters more to the private boaters than the yakker.

dgax65 02-09-2011 10:47 PM

Douglas
Gaxiola
65 a random number that has nothing to do with when I was born

Gaxiola is a Basque name. In Euskara, the language of the Basque people, it means fat guy in a little boat.

GregAndrew 02-10-2011 12:11 AM

Got tired of having to put some numbers after "Greg" or "GregA" even to create usernames. And my last name is one of those "what the hell does that mean" things to start with. So I just used my middle name after my first name, and have not had a problem since.

MrPatrick 02-10-2011 07:14 AM

I've always been a practitioner of sarcastic and sardonic replies. 

WahooUSMA 02-10-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgax65 (Post 75348)
Douglas
Gaxiola
65 a random number that has nothing to do with when I was born

Gaxiola is a Basque name. In Euskara, the language of the Basque people, it means fat guy in a little boat.

A yakking ETA! LOL. My dad is Basque.

Quilted Germ 02-10-2011 08:08 AM

Bus Kid - that's a great story. You're old man must be so old school.......

lamb 02-10-2011 09:31 AM

Love the photo Masta!

My came from hunting "lil' lamb". If it goes over a certain size (varies from species to species), it's not a fish - IT'S A LAMB!!! :)

Baaaaaah....

GregAndrew 02-10-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamb (Post 75378)
Love the photo Masta!

My came from hunting "lil' lamb". If it goes over a certain size (varies from species to species), it's not a fish - IT'S A LAMB!!! :)

Baaaaaah....

So, would you consider the one you caught in Catalina a Fat Flat Lamb?:D

maui jim 02-10-2011 01:51 PM

Mine is from the glasses I wear for the past 17 years , and for the love of the islands and water. "no ka oi" :cool:

bus kid 02-10-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quilted Germ (Post 75371)
Bus Kid - that's a great story. You're old man must be so old school.......

Yeah he has his ways, but in the long run it kinda backfired, now I build big motors that go fast...