Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fred Hall Report? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6983)

Rob929 03-25-2010 11:52 AM

Fred Hall Report?

Anyone been over to Fred Hall? Let us know what's going on. Any great deals on kayaks/ gear/ fishing stuff etc?

Thanks

sandydiego 03-25-2010 01:38 PM

We have a group going tomorrow. Not that it will help... I want to get a deal on a 385ci fishfinder...

Jimmyz123 03-25-2010 02:10 PM

I'll be going Saturday afternoon. There are deals to be had you just need to ask around and look. I know people that if the deal isn't right in their face they get mad. Each year I come with a bunch of stuff for very little money. I'll be checking out the kayak stuff big time this year. In years past I would glance over it but not really buy, this year may be different.

PescadorPete 03-25-2010 02:31 PM

I took a "long" lunch break today to go have a look around. I wasn't really scouting for deals since I stocked up at the Long Beach show. Fisherman's Landing has Seeker Black Steels (gold guides) for 1/2 price. Turner's has some Graftech rods on sale. Cheap leadheads at Lead Masters. OEX has stuff on sale - you can't miss them, they in the primo spot.

TCS 03-25-2010 02:57 PM

Is admission for one day only?

I would like to go for a couple of hours tomorrow and again on Sunday. Does anybody know if I'll have to pay twice?

DESTROYER 03-25-2010 03:27 PM

I worked it yesterday at OEX, La Jolla Kayak Fishing and Reebs Lures. It's actually kind of nice that the economy hit some of the Sham Wow sellers. It's more like a Fishing Show than years past. It was pretty quiet yesterday. Brent and Ric have some sweet deals if your in line for a new yak. Mike Ryba is making some killer Bass Jigs, he is at Ken's Reel Repair. If you are a newbie too the sport and looking for a guide you can go talk to Jim Sammons at La Jolla Kayak Fishing. Jim, Morgan, Hobie Tom and others will be giving daily seminars if you have intersts. I'm gonna take my son on Sunday to fish some trout and hopefully buy som swag. See you up there.:cheers1:

Matt

dsafety 03-25-2010 03:52 PM

I went on Wednesday. I was a little disappointed. There was not much new to look at and many of the "deals" were underwhelming. There were some decent deals on a few big ticket items.

I was looking for some reasonably priced braid and found only regular prices. Why is this stuff so expensive?

Bob

DESTROYER 03-25-2010 04:09 PM

Supply and Demand my friend...its kind of like trying to find a deal on a new Shimano Reel...just not gonna happen. I didn't think it was that bad, but I wasn't there to buy.

Anthony179 03-25-2010 07:49 PM

I've never gone to the Del Mar show. Is it indoor or outdoor? Taking a friend to look at the kayaks.

fishinkid2010 03-25-2010 07:55 PM

It is mostly indoors... They have some things outside like the casting area to try the Avet reels, but most vendors and seminars are inside.

Did anyone that already went see any booths with killer deals on rod blanks?

Lets_Fish 03-25-2010 07:59 PM

I'm going Friday with my brother (wmbeusch) as I was out of town during the LB show (even had to miss the MLPA showdown in Ontario). Hope to meet some of you as I just got into kayaking this year and have only been out five times (bay fishing only) so far.

Jimmyz123 03-25-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCS (Post 53846)
I would like to go for a couple of hours tomorrow and again on Sunday. Does anybody know if I'll have to pay twice?

You'll have to pay twice, but you'll see a lot of deals on Sunday. People don't want to take the inventory home so they knock off major prices. Each year I have walked away with a lot of gear for very little money.

Jimmyz123 03-25-2010 08:13 PM

I'll keep an eye out for ya. Look for someone with a sling on his arm and a half cast, and that will be me.

sandydiego 03-26-2010 05:28 AM

Any deals on feesh finders?

Jimmyz123 03-26-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydiego (Post 53877)

What day are you going and what type FF are you looking for? I can keep an eye out for you.

Billy V 03-26-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydiego (Post 53877)

Go to West Marine for electronics.
They have the best warranty in the business - in store replacement with no hassle if there is a problem.

AND they will match any price you find online. They also offer an extended warranty (additional 1 or 2 years) at a minimal price.
--------------------------------
Its just the way it is - and most all of us buy our electronics there.

sandydiego 03-26-2010 08:24 AM

I found a smokin deal on a HB 385ci for $329 on the east coast/No tax free shipping. I will call West Marine to see if they can match it.

Sherm 03-26-2010 09:00 AM

Stop by my booth at Fred Hall and get in on our raflle. New Seeker rod and a Sealine 50. If you let me know you are a big waters edge guy you automatically get a free raffle ticket.

Oh ya......the booth is 5th Avenue insurance and we are right next to Seaforth as you enter the last building.

Jimmyz123 03-26-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherm (Post 53891)
Stop by my booth at Fred Hall and get in on our raflle. New Seeker rod and a Sealine 50. If you let me know you are a big waters edge guy you automatically get a free raffle ticket.

Oh ya......the booth is 5th Avenue insurance and we are right next to Seaforth as you enter the last building.

I'll stop by

Aquahunter 03-26-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydiego (Post 53888)
I found a smokin deal on a HB 385ci for $329 on the east coast/No tax free shipping. I will call West Marine to see if they can match it.

They will always match it, I do this all the time