Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How did you find/ hear of BWE? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25667)

AirborneYak 05-28-2015 06:50 PM

How did you find/ hear of BWE?

I found BWE searching for a kayak forum in SoCal. I started kayak fishing after being introduced to it by one of my Seargeants. I had one year left before leaving the Army and I took up bass fishing again. My first kayak was a perception pescador 12 and I took it to all the local lakes. I was thinking of getting a float tube first, but with all the cotton mouths in the water that idea was squashed pretty fast. I moved back to California and found this awesome site. BWE has taught me a lot about fishing the local waters. The community has been amazing! You guys really reach out to noobs and veterans alike. So I was just wondering how you found your way here?

- Paul

knowledgedropper 05-28-2015 07:26 PM

I did a google search of "Alamitos Bay Long Beach kayak fishing" and BWE was one of the first hits. I recently decided to start fishing again after not touching a rod since I was a kid- my dad and I used to hit up the Annie B. every weekend. I have a bunch of whitewater kayak experience, so I figured I'd combine the two...

I'm glad I found a resource that has so much local beta. Learning a ton here!

FISH11 05-28-2015 07:55 PM

Found BWE when searching on google for info and web sites about kayak fishing. It helped me in making an informed and better choice in the type of kayak I would need to fish the ocean. After not fishing for like 15 years I got hooked this time and can't even imagine not kayak fishing all the time. Met Mr. Patrick out on the water on one of my first trips out to La Jolla and he asked me if I ever checked out BWE and invited me to join the forum. Glad I listen to him. I have met a lot of really great people in the BWE community.

jorluivil 05-28-2015 08:18 PM

I met a guy that knew that worked a guy that beat up some guy that talked to a guy that was a BWE member

Gr8fuldude 05-28-2015 08:42 PM

After renting a kayak in Baja and having some good luck fishing I knew I wanted to buy a kayak and make as many trips back to Baja as my busy life (work, three yr old kid) would allow. Found this site searching SoCal and kayak fishing and pretty much scour it now every day, so much so that my wife is starting to give me that look. I've read so many posts/videos that the regulars here are becoming like celebrities in my mind. I'll probably get all nervous and pee my pants when I start meeting them in person.

Also want to say thanks to OEX for sponsoring this site. I'm looking forward to getting my PA from Andy sometime in June :cheers1::cheers1:

octico 05-29-2015 06:23 AM

ScSurfishing.com recommended I check this place out.

Rocketfish 05-29-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 228870)
ScSurfishing.com recommended I check this place out.

X2

LawDog 05-29-2015 07:48 AM

A friend referred me.

ToroBravo 05-29-2015 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 228854)
I met a guy that knew that worked a guy that beat up some guy that talked to a guy that was a BWE member

/\
I was the guy who got beat up...mistaken identity. :(
It all started at the Fred Hall Show with those Bongo's Girls in 2001.
Some dudes go upset cuz the girls went nuts over us kayak fisherman because we catch more fish AND get all the chicks.

It escalated from all the socal beaches and harbors to online from yakfishing.com, then plastic navy, kayaksportfishing.com, locopescadores.com, kayakfishingsport.com, baytubers, kayakmafia.com, kayak4fish.com and things mellowed out when Team Sewer flexed their muscle and called for peace at the kayak beer summit and said lets all get along and fish & party together.
Iceman give his blessing and the rest is history. :)

ToroBravo

PapaDave 05-29-2015 08:15 AM

Back when there was an OEX(?) in Oceanside I got the info from one of the guys there.

Dirty Curti 05-29-2015 09:27 AM

A couple of years ago my son and I were in Sports Authority in Oceanside looking for fishing stuff and a member (C'BAD MIKE) started talking to us about kayak fishing and mentioned this site. So I've been on it ever since.

Now my son has joined the Army and I'm solo. I will need to get the courage to get out by myself and join some of you guys who seem to be very welcoming.

Hope to see you on the water soon.

StinkyMatt 05-29-2015 07:23 PM

"My friend" did a search for "hot guys with rods" and BWE came up..........

Then "my friend" told me about it.

:D

AirborneYak 05-29-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkyMatt (Post 228945)
"My friend" did a search for "hot guys with rods" and BWE came up..........

Then "my friend" told me about it.

:D

That's the most honest answer I've heard! Lol