Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   UPDATED Gonzaga on the FLY, October 24-31 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28911)

MrPukaShell 07-13-2016 06:49 PM

If needed I can bring a Pizza oven that fits on top on my stove. Not that I mind a "slight wood fired taste" at all. Up to you guys.

makobob 07-13-2016 09:07 PM

You know me and pictures, I am sure you will take and post them. This is going to be a GREAT trip. Tight Lines

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 265201)
Looks like a sort of reunion.
makobob
Dannowar
monstahfish
Gr8fuldude
MrPukaShell
Farreola
Mahigeer

"Mako's Dream is almost done. Bathroom is working, toilet and shower."
Any pictures?

YakDout 07-14-2016 05:17 AM

We will get some pictures of your place on this trip Bob. I slacked off on the video and pictures last time I was down and regretted it. The fishing was just too hot to put my rod down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baja_Traveler 07-14-2016 08:42 AM

Oh Yea, Pizza on the Davey Crockett!! The best.

http://m7.i.pbase.com/g9/85/360685/2...7.C7ce3Lnt.jpg

As usual - this one is one my list, but it will be last minute for me...

makobob 07-14-2016 10:11 AM

Ok Kai, I will put you on the list as CONFIRMED, will hope for pulled pork sandwiches if you make it down..... Tight Lines amigo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 265248)
Oh Yea, Pizza on the Davey Crockett!! The best.

http://m7.i.pbase.com/g9/85/360685/2...7.C7ce3Lnt.jpg

As usual - this one is one my list, but it will be last minute for me...

YTHunter 07-14-2016 06:55 PM

Bob,

Can you sign me up as we discussed? Hopefully I can still catch a ride with you.

Please let me know. Thanks David

makobob 07-14-2016 07:45 PM

You are confirmed for this trip and riding with me. Tight Lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YTHunter (Post 265278)
Bob,

Can you sign me up as we discussed? Hopefully I can still catch a ride with you.

Please let me know. Thanks David

YakDout 07-26-2016 09:28 AM

Getting my 8 wt fly setup dialed in. Cant wait to do some fly fishing this year

Druko 07-26-2016 11:42 AM

Im hoping to be in Abreojos during these dates (depends on work). If so, maybe I'll plan on stopping by on the way down or on the way back for a few days from Abreojos.

YakDout 07-26-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 266173)
Im hoping to be in Abreojos during these dates (depends on work). If so, maybe I'll plan on stopping by on the way down or on the way back for a few days from Abreojos.

Staying at campo rene? Try to find a dude by the name of Chelan at the cooperativa. He is a commercial fisherman down there who, if Okayed by his boss can take americans out fishing for the day. They have a couple of 23' super pangas that are pretty comfortable. Very affordable and the guy has some very good grouper and and yellowtail spots.

makobob 07-26-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPukaShell (Post 265207)
If needed I can bring a Pizza oven that fits on top on my stove. Not that I mind a "slight wood fired taste" at all. Up to you guys.

Wood Fired Pizza!!!
This smoker/grill is hard to beat. It is portable and keeps a very stable temp, from 150-550 degrees which you can set and hold in a 5 degree range. Works from your car battery or plug it into the wall. Being a pellet grill you can also control wood flavor by changing the flavor pellets.
You can slooooow cooook, bake, grill, roast. Pulled pork, burgers, brats, dogs, steaks, ribs, how about stuffed tomatoes and peppers or eggplant. Fresh baked bread, rolls, pie? Up to you.

Druko 07-26-2016 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=YakDout;266180]Staying at campo rene? Try to find a dude by the name of Chelan at the cooperativa. He is a commercial fisherman down there who, if Okayed by his boss can take americans out fishing for the day. They have a couple of 23' super pangas that are pretty comfortable. Very affordable and the guy has some very good grouper and and yellowtail spots.

I stay there and on the point camping. Definitely my favorite place to fish in Baja with the variety of fishing it offers. Though I've never been to Gonzaga.

makobob 07-28-2016 10:15 AM

What route are you driving???? Usually people go down Highway 1 from TJ through Guerro Negro and on to Abreojos. 13 hour drive. To get to Gonzaga from Highway 1 you have to take a turn at Chapala and go through Coco's Corner which is about 25 miles of dirt road in fair to good condition, I made this crossing last week. From Rancho Grande to Highway 1 took an hour and 15 minutes but I was pushing it. Coming back at a safer pace it took an hour and a half. Feel free to stop by and join us for dinner a night or two if you can. Tight Lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 266173)

YakDout 07-28-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 266313)
What route are you driving???? Usually people go down Highway 1 from TJ through Guerro Negro and on to Abreojos. 13 hour drive. To get to Gonzaga from Highway 1 you have to take a turn at Chapala and go through Coco's Corner which is about 25 miles of dirt road in fair to good condition, I made this crossing last week. From Rancho Grande to Highway 1 took an hour and 15 minutes but I was pushing it. Coming back at a safer pace it took an hour and a half. Feel free to stop by and join us for dinner a night or two if you can. Tight Lines.

Thanks for update on laguna chapala bob. Might be taking that soon. Saves about 1.5-2 hours on the trek south

makobob 07-28-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 266315)
Thanks for update on laguna chapala bob. Might be taking that soon. Saves about 1.5-2 hours on the trek south

BRANDON, yes crossing at MEXICALI and going down mex 5 thru San Filipe, Gonzaga, Chapala back to mex 1 is quicker, prettier, and an easier drive, less mountains, fewer topes, less policia, fewer trucks and less traffic. That does make it faster and maybe smarter fuel wise. Tight Lines.

Mike scales 08-01-2016 05:28 AM

Confirm me in! Carpooling with señor Brandon!

makobob 08-02-2016 06:29 AM

Mike YOU are CONFIRMED. Going to be another trip to paradise. Might just be the best trip of the year, AGAIN. Tight Lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike scales (Post 266534)
Confirm me in! Carpooling with señor Brandon!

YakDout 08-02-2016 08:38 AM

My sentri application has been pending review for the last month, but I should have it by this trip. Bob do you have sentri? If so maybe I can follow you the best way on the way back.

makobob 08-02-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 266619)
My sentri application has been pending review for the last month, but I should have it by this trip. Bob do you have sentri? If so maybe I can follow you the best way on the way back.

I do not have a sentri, sorry.

Mahigeer 08-24-2016 07:54 AM

Looking for recommendation on portable tire inflators.

I want to get my own for the this trip.