Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2022 Old Town PDL 120 Kayak (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=36815)

bigalcalbisque 02-16-2022 09:41 AM

2022 Old Town PDL 120 Kayak

Bought a green 2022 Old Town PDL 120 Kayak late last year, have wanted one for a while. Due to Covid, they are hard to get. I am 70 years old and after trying it out last week, it's just too much for me to handle loading, unloading, getting to the water, etc.
I am including my handmade kayak cart. It works great in the sand. other than the test run last week it is brand new. Basically, you are saving the $200 sales tax. I did a run around Dana Point Harbor and it was definitely easy for me in that sense, I just need something lighter.
If interested please e-mail at bigalcalbisque@hotmail.com

jruiz 02-16-2022 10:10 AM

Just looked at the specs on the kayak, at 116lbs rigged, you're around what a PA12 weighs. At 70 years old, I would consider trailering anything that heavy unless you are just throwing it in the bed of your truck. If you're set on a pedal kayak you have the lynx, passport, revo that are in the 50-75lb range.

JohnMckroidJr 02-16-2022 11:32 AM

That looks like a nice kayak, sorry to hear that it was too exhaustive. A picture is worth a thousand words..... snap a few. If you have not already, list it on Offerup, Facebook Market Place, and Craigslist. Good luck with your sale.

AlwaysFishing 02-16-2022 03:30 PM

I have the 2019 model of the OT 120 PDL. It is a nice and stable platform but yeah it's heavy loaded. I usually make two trips from the car to the water, if it is a beach launch. Once with the kayak and the second for the PDL drive. I use the CTUG with the sand wheel. The think the beach wheel would make it easier to navigate the sand.
I have put a Bixpy motor on it and it is great on the water. I still have it in addition to my Solo Skiff.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Good luck with your sale.

A video compilation of 2020 fishing on the OT 120 PDL.

JohnMckroidJr 02-17-2022 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysFishing (Post 316675)
I have the 2019 model of the OT 120 PDL. It is a nice and stable platform but yeah it's heavy loaded. I usually make two trips from the car to the water, if it is a beach launch. Once with the kayak and the second for the PDL drive. I use the CTUG with the sand wheel. The think the beach wheel would make it easier to navigate the sand.
I have put a Bixpy motor on it and it is great on the water. I still have it in addition to my Solo Skiff.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Good luck with your sale.

A video compilation of 2020 fishing on the OT 120 PDL.

I use the 42cm Wheeleez for beach launches -- the larger diameter is slightly easier hauling. Nice compilation Quang! Never seen so many Ling Cod out of Redondo!

AlwaysFishing 02-17-2022 12:17 PM

Those big beach wheelez definitely helps. I got the Wilderness Systems with those wheels for my Solo Skiff.
Thanks John, I made it a mission to target the Lings in 2020 and I got 12-13 keepers. In 2021, I'd only targeted them for the first half of the season and ended up keeping only 3 but a couple were 33.5" and released all that were under 25".