Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   FS/FT: Okuma Helios / Quantum Smoke Bass Rig (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31677)

goldenglory18 08-07-2017 08:49 AM

FS/FT: Okuma Helios / Quantum Smoke Bass Rig

Up for grabs is a sweet little bay bass rig that I've been using to catch the majority of my first California fish on. The more time I spend in open water, the more I realize I need less bass rigs and more moderately heavy setups. Ideally I'd like to keep this as a combo - They really do pair well together and IMO are best served to stay as a set. I've fought and landed some awesome fish on this rig!

Okuma Helios w/micro guides 7' MH + Quantum Smoke Inshore
$180

ROD:
Okuma Helios w/ micro guides 7'MH - Super light rod that I've used to throw everything from dropshot rigs, 110 sized jerkbaits, 3/8 oz underspins, and even weightless plastics like flukes/shads. There is a surprising amount of backbone in this rod with an awesome warranty to back it up. I have the original tag and should have the receipt for warranty if its ever needed.

REEL:
Quantum Smoke Inshore - Super light weight reel that pairs really well with the Helios rod. This reel makes the MH stick feel a lot lighter than it really is. Spooled with 15lbs Powerpro with a decent run of 10lbs Flouro leader. I have the original box.

Trade Bait: Live bait rig, or possibly another 8' jig stick. Let me know what you have and we can chat (I have $$ on my end of needed...)

FullFlavorPike 08-07-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenglory18 (Post 283976)
U I'm out of rod space in my quiver

The lie we all tell ourselves... glws

goldenglory18 08-07-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike (Post 283980)
The lie we all tell ourselves... glws

Unfortunately since moving to Los Angeles, I'm actually physically limited by space. Unlike when I lived in AZ and had a whole room+garage for my toys, now I have a single corner of a single closet with a 6 space rod rack. Anything rod/reel I buy that's beyond that racks capacity to hold, has to be stored in my car. LOL

Hunters Pa 08-07-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenglory18 (Post 283982)
Unfortunately since moving to Los Angeles, I'm actually physically limited by space. Unlike when I lived in AZ and had a whole room+garage for my toys, now I have a single corner of a single closet with a 6 space rod rack. Anything rod/reel I buy that's beyond that racks capacity to hold, has to be stored in my car. LOL

Ceiling mounted rod racks are your friend.

goldenglory18 08-08-2017 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunters Pa (Post 283999)
Ceiling mounted rod racks are your friend.

In a garage/mancave, you bet. in a 700sqft apartment, not a chance in hell. LOL

Great rig here guys. Those of you looking to hunt those keeper sized butts in the bays this is the one for you...

Denis_Ruso 08-08-2017 07:19 AM

Dude Takes care of his gear. You can be rest assured this setup was well taken care of. Bump for you sir.

goldenglory18 08-08-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 284028)
Dude Takes care of his gear. You can be rest assured this setup was well taken care of. Bump for you sir.

Thanks dude! :cheers1:

Forgot to mention this comes with a BPS neoprene reel cover. Perfect for those surf launches when fishing inshore kelp beds....

Hunters Pa 08-08-2017 09:49 AM

Might be interested in this. Let me look at what I have to offer up in trade. Are you dead-set on low profile reels?

goldenglory18 08-08-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunters Pa (Post 284037)
Might be interested in this. Let me look at what I have to offer up in trade. Are you dead-set on low profile reels?

Yeah, kinda. I'm even considering getting rid of my Saltist H-C 20LW that I've only used twice. They (round reels) just don't feel right in my hands yet and with the capacity and capability of the new low-pro reels, its hard to fight that urge.

Either way, shoot me what you have if you're interested. You never know until you know...

Hunters Pa 08-08-2017 11:21 AM

I hear ya.

I might be looking at moving out of state, away from the salt (not til next year though) so I might be looking to start streamlining the collection and building more of a freshwater arsenal, keeping a core stash of saltwater capability.

goldenglory18 07-02-2018 02:14 PM

Back up on the market bump. PM for pics if interested.

Reel was recently (about a month ago) serviced by Action Fishing Tackle off Chatsworth here in the Valley. Looking to trade for a live bait rig or possibly another 8' jig stick...