Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The pressure is off (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25585)

rossman 05-20-2015 03:40 PM

The pressure is off

1 Attachment(s)
Well here it is, the 20th of May and I hav yet to catch my first May yellow and my goal of catching at least one each month was in jeopardy. There are a lot of excuses. A big South swell kept me on the beach for a few days at the beginning of the month. Then the May winds which normally kick in around noon were hitting hard at 9 am or even earlier which limited my time on the water. Then I the water temp took a dive. Went from 68 on a Tuesday to 55 on the following Saturday. Then I took a week to meet Andy and his posse in Bahia Gonzaga. Ne dress to say I was stressed when I hit the water this morning. It turned out to be a pretty nice day. Little wind until noon. Stuck my first May yellow at about 8:00. Nothing special but since my freezer was getting depleted I decided to harvest this 20 pounder.

Attachment 15561

Landed number 2 at about 8:30. It was a bit larger. Taped out at 24 lbs. Refused to sign the waiver so no picture. Hooked a third about a half hr later but came unbuttoned after about 5 minutes. OK, bring on June.

makobob 05-20-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 228186)
Well here it is, the 20th of May and I hav yet to catch my first May yellow and my goal of catching at least one each month was in jeopardy. There are a lot of excuses. A big South swell kept me on the beach for a few days at the beginning of the month. Then the May winds which normally kick in around noon were hitting hard at 9 am or even earlier which limited my time on the water. Then I the water temp took a dive. Went from 68 on a Tuesday to 55 on the following Saturday. Then I took a week to meet Andy and his posse in Bahia Gonzaga. Ne dress to say I was stressed when I hit the water this morning. It turned out to be a pretty nice day. Little wind until noon. Stuck my first May yellow at about 8:00. Nothing special but since my freezer was getting depleted I decided to harvest this 20 pounder.

Attachment 15561

Landed number 2 at about 8:30. It was a bit larger. Taped out at 24 lbs. Refused to sign the waiver so no picture. Hooked a third about a half hr later but came unbuttoned after about 5 minutes. OK, bring on June.

Life is good, congratulations amigo.

Zed 05-20-2015 04:21 PM

Vacations over. Get back to the grind slacker.

TJones 05-20-2015 04:26 PM

Keep the ball rolling

:jig:::you_rock:

rossman 05-20-2015 04:51 PM

I just re-read my post and in the scheme of things I found it offensive and wish I would have chosen the theme of the post a little more carefully . Like the biggest stress in life is whether I am able to catch a yellowtail in the next 10 days. Just shows how far I have departed from the grid. My apologies to those who are facing real life issues and just be assured that it always gets better.

octico 05-20-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 228203)
I just re-read my post and in the scheme of things I found it offensive and wish I would have chosen the theme of the post a little more carefully . Like the biggest stress in life is whether I am able to catch a yellowtail in the next 10 days. Just shows how far I have departed from the grid. My apologies to those who are facing real life issues and just be assured that it always gets better.

No need for apology ... I can only envy you for now :notworthy:

EastLosYaker 05-21-2015 12:58 PM

Rossman,

As someone who is going through some "real life" BS right now, I am so NOT offended by your post theme. Your posts are always a pleasure to read, and I'm sure you've experienced your share of adversity in life. It makes the rest of us optimistic that we will one day be rewarded with uninterrupted fishing (barring weather) for everything we've gone through. Enjoy your time fishing, and the rest of us will catch up with you soon enough!

Nic D 05-21-2015 02:32 PM

Nice work bud

svendawg 05-21-2015 02:39 PM

Are you fishing mostly in front of your house or a San Roque island.

Nice job, Glad you met your goal.

rossman 05-21-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svendawg (Post 228274)
Are you fishing mostly in front of your house or a San Roque island.

Nice job, Glad you met your goal.

Sven,
After landing 6 yellows in front of my place in the first week I was here, I haven't had a whiff of one since. All of my action has been in the San Roque area..

udowinkler 05-23-2015 09:11 AM

While in San Roque, Rossman, be sure to attend the blessing of the new and rebuilt mission. I noticed in your photo that you are not wearing a wet suit, so temperatures must be somewhat mild.
Tight lines, buddy!
:cheers1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 228276)
Sven,
After landing 6 yellows in front of my place in the first week I was here, I haven't had a whiff of one since. All of my action has been in the San Roque area..