Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Selling my new 2017 Hobie Outback Camo edition (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30938)

ater22 04-09-2017 05:55 PM

Selling my new 2017 Hobie Outback Camo edition

3 Attachment(s)
condition: like new
length overall (LOA): 12
make / manufacturer: Hobie
model name / number: Outback
propulsion type: human
year manufactured: 2017

Asking $2,500

Paid $2,900 for it after taxes

2017 Hobie Outback Camo edition with Mirage 180 drive. The Camo edition comes with turbo fins and upgraded sailing rudder.

I bought this Kayak brand new 6 weeks ago and have only used it twice. Realized Kayak fishing just isn't for me and am only selling it to buy a boat.

Andy09 04-09-2017 06:38 PM

Where are you located?

GTboosted 04-09-2017 07:05 PM

You just bought it 6 weeks ago. Got a yellowtail and it isnt for you?

Tough crowd lol

ater22 04-09-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTboosted (Post 278009)
You just bought it 6 weeks ago. Got a yellowtail and it isnt for you?

Tough crowd lol

Lol well I want to buy a Solo Skiff. Saw them at the Fred hall show and They look badass

ater22 04-09-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy09 (Post 278007)
Where are you located?

I live in 29 Palms, but I keep my kayak at my cousins who lives on mission bay

Onit8 04-09-2017 09:16 PM

Man I been considering moving from my pa14 to one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICKWORN 04-10-2017 10:36 AM

I bet YOU!

I bet with that motor on those solo skiffs you wont catch near the amount of yellows as a kayak. Just saying. Yea you can cover more ground, but hell, those things are made for offshore style fishing. I wonder how well it does with a little swell action as well, adding a seat makes center of gravity pretty high. GL brother!:cheers1:

dos ballenas 04-10-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NICKWORN (Post 278034)
I bet with that motor on those solo skiffs you wont catch near the amount of yellows as a kayak. Just saying. Yea you can cover more ground, but hell, those things are made for offshore style fishing. I wonder how well it does with a little swell action as well, adding a seat makes center of gravity pretty high. GL brother!:cheers1:

hahaha! Yeahhhh a 2 hp 4 stoke motor will totally ruin your chances at inshore yellows.

"Kayaks catch more fish than skiffs"... I've heard that one before :D

To the OP. Depending on the reasons you don't like kayaking you might want to look into a 12 ft aluminum skiff. They are usually cheaper, drier, and easier to launch than a kayak.

ater22 04-10-2017 12:11 PM

I've thought about getting me a little Jon boat, but I'm afraid I'd sink the damn thing offshore.

Dannowar 04-10-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NICKWORN (Post 278034)
I bet with that motor on those solo skiffs you wont catch near the amount of yellows as a kayak. Just saying.

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US

NICKWORN 04-10-2017 12:47 PM

Well Sweetheart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 278040)
PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US

How many times in LJ have you seen the PB's getting all butthurt at kayakers for catching fish( as they set anchor and throw 50 lines out) and how many times have you been on a fish and " here come the PB's racing up on you trying to throw their baits out in hopes of getting on a bite." Now this is for LJ I speak of, which is where im assuming he's going with that SOLO idea, seems it definitely isn't going offshore, that's for sure.

Plus " Flacco ", shouldn't you be starting training camp soon?? HAHHHAA:the_finger:

Deamon 04-10-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NICKWORN (Post 278045)
Plus " Flacco ", shouldn't you be starting training camp soon?? HAHHHAA:the_finger:

Hahaha...whoa, whoa, whoa...do not pass go. You do not have permission to steal my Flacco joke...:the_finger:

Can you two just post your tatts and the crowd will vote the winner?!?!?!!!!:cheers1:

dos ballenas 04-10-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NICKWORN (Post 278045)
How many times in LJ have you seen the PB's getting all butthurt at kayakers for catching fish( as they set anchor and throw 50 lines out) and how many times have you been on a fish and " here come the PB's racing up on you trying to throw their baits out in hopes of getting on a bite." Now this is for LJ I speak of, which is where im assuming he's going with that SOLO idea, seems it definitely isn't going offshore, that's for sure.

Sounds like you're saying the only reason private boaters don't catch fish is because PB's are idiots? I assumed you meant motors make them noisier which results in PB's catching less fish... because that is what you said in your previous post....my bad. I didn't know you thought so badly about power boats/ private boaters!

That said i'm pretty sure I've seen kayakers doing the same things you described above..... I have seen kayakers paddle up to (and drift to close anchored PB's) and try to throw their baits out in hopes of getting a bite.... etc, butt hurt, etc.

And the only power boat that can cast 50 lines is a sport or charter boat... never seen that on a private boat. But I'm in now way an expert.

RK 04-10-2017 01:01 PM

I've done ok in a boat.

Dannowar 04-10-2017 01:03 PM

Let's not get cocky because Jim put you on a few fish guy.

NICKWORN 04-10-2017 01:05 PM

NO NO kind sir.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos ballenas (Post 278048)
Sounds like you're saying the only reason private boaters don't catch fish is because PB's are idiots? I assumed you meant motors make them noisier which results in PB's catching less fish... my bad.

That said i'm pretty sure I've seen kayakers doing the same things you described above..... I have seen kayakers paddle up to (and drift to close anchored PB's) and try to throw their baits out in hopes of getting a bite.... etc, butt hurt, etc.

And the only power boat that can cast 50 lines is a sport or charter boat... never seen that on a private boat. But I'm in now way an expert.

I'm a firm believer the noise vibration from the motor in low gear to troll slow enough is less efficient when it comes to fishing inshore. Now that's my GOD DAMN OPINION, if you don't like then then then then oh well...hahhaha
That is all my friend.... :sifone:

NICKWORN 04-10-2017 01:05 PM

HE DID???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 278051)
Let's not get cocky because Jim put you on a few fish guy.

Damn where was I?? LMAO

NICKWORN 04-10-2017 01:07 PM

HAHAHAHA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 278047)
Hahaha...whoa, whoa, whoa...do not pass go. You do not have permission to steal my Flacco joke...:the_finger:

Can you two just post your tatts and the crowd will vote the winner?!?!?!!!!:cheers1:

Damn Jim I didn't know you put on a few fish!! Thanks man, I cant seem to find any fillets or pictures can you share a few with me, I seem to be drawing a blank on these fish. :the_finger:

Deamon 04-10-2017 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=Dannowar;278051]Let's not get cocky because Jim put you on a few fish guy.

Haha...I don't claim Nicks fish, all him for sure. Only thing I claim is spending his money. Busted bug season
and no go wsb for me...all good Danny!

Dannowar 04-10-2017 01:10 PM

Sigh. Back to training camp I guess