Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Putting in some time... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30042)

Deamon 09-27-2016 10:01 AM

Putting in some time...

1 Attachment(s)
Def hard fishing for me going on two months. This one's probably my most deserved fish this year even though it's not the bigs. Fought hard straight up and down thinking it was a shark all the way to color. 43"...27#

jorluivil 09-27-2016 10:04 AM

You suck

chris138 09-27-2016 10:48 AM

Rad. You have the night game on lock bro!:cheers1:

Iceman 09-27-2016 10:58 AM

Nice! :luxhello: :wsb:

I was shocked to see August was void of any WSB subs.

Zed 09-27-2016 10:58 AM

Does nobody fish w him because he fishes @ night or does he fish at night because nobody wants to fish w him?

The El Niño Oprah Special is definitely over. No more freebies. Good work.

FISH11 09-27-2016 12:46 PM

All the midnight oil your burning pays off. Any sharks bumping your kayak in the dark, lately Jim?

Deamon 09-27-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zed (Post 269680)
because nobody wants to fish w him?

The El Niño Oprah Special is definitely over. No more freebies.

I'm agreeing on the freebies...they're long gone. I know I'm hard when fishing w others although I have a faithful few dudes who put in the time...its just hard when I get my one fish op a week and sometimes feel like a guide under pressure. Heavy current, seals, etc...quickly chases most away from the night thing. All good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISH11 (Post 269687)
All the midnight oil your burning pays off. Any sharks bumping your kayak in the dark, lately Jim?

Mark-man, can't be thinking too much abt that but there are times when I say wtf am I doing out here...by myself...with a mirage drive constantly swishing back and forth in the dark. I'm pretty sure I saw taxman tail out on me at dusk not too long ago but I'm glad I didn't i.d. it, all the way. Like brotha Mako Roberto says...we get one shot at this life thing. I've raised my girls to my fullest with no regrets and it's been get back to fishing hard time for me. I never caught enough wsb or butt when I had the boat so I'm going to hit it hard on the plastic and see what I can do. Thanks all, Jim
:paddleersmilie::notworthy:

jorluivil 09-27-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Does nobody fish w him because he fishes @ night or does he fish at night because nobody wants to fish w him?

I fished with him a few times at times but I never got any fish.

weird thing is that he always seemed to get them when I wasn't invited

FISH11 09-27-2016 04:21 PM

It's like the dude I met last week at the launch. He was coming in as I was getting ready at first light. I asked him if he had any luck and was he out there for WSB. He said no he had just been out there for about half an hour and had seen a couple of lighting strikes and that was enough. I told him I didn't see any and I was going out anyway. If one hits you at least you were doing what you liked. Most people don't get to say that when the time comes. It's out of our control. Tight Lines Jim.

Deamon 09-27-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 269700)
I fished with him a few times at times but I never got any fish.

weird thing is that he always seemed to get them when I wasn't invited

How many guys who've launched/landed at LJ know there's an outside break that can jack you up abt 100 yards off shore...during a low low tide??? Jorge came...launched...like a magnet, brought that bitch ass surf in on us and I was like dude...don't ever come back here again puhleeze.

Jim

SDROB 09-27-2016 04:37 PM

Nice catch Jim! I always enjoy seen your posts... :cheers1:

maquinapescado 09-27-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

I am scared to fish at night and begged him to fish in the day with me but no luck. I don't know how anyone does it. All the vertigo, current, seals, night sharks, boats racing around, boats shooting at kayaks, dark surf launches and landings, fog, safety risks etc etc etc................... Definitely not for the faint at heart, beginners, experienced, intermediates or anything in between or beyond.......just gotta be nuts. Shark bait on plastic tupperware.

Good job Jim

jorluivil 09-27-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 269706)
How many guys who've launched/landed at LJ know there's an outside reef that can jack you up abt 100 yards off shore??? Jorge came...launched...like a magnet, brought that bitch ass surf in on us and I was like dude...don't ever come back here again puhleeze.

Same fish...1050 diff angles, lights, backgrounds...all taking place in my garage!!! Jim

Bahahahahaha!!!!!

I recall that day, I showed up and it was flat, I parked and came back to the launch and it was pumping.

Got rejected once
Got rejected twice
Stuck my tail between my legs and went home

east county dirtbag 09-27-2016 05:26 PM

Must be nice when you think you have a hard life only getting to fish 'once a week'

Deamon 09-27-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by east county dirtbag (Post 269715)
Must be nice when you think you have a hard life only getting to fish 'once a week'

Hard life or hard fishing? Definitely worked hard my entire life. Cool cool, ECD...I don't know you and you don't know me but I've tried to fish every week pretty much my entire life. It doesn't take much money if you need it to be on the cheap, just the commitment. So when my 2nd daughter was born, the boat was sold and the fishing rods were put up in the rafters and the fishing pretty much stopped for 20 years. I'm now fishing every weekend again when weather and personal stuff doesn't conflict. And got the kayak thinking it wasn't going to cost me much at all...hahahahaha!!!! Hope you can make the same type of stress relieving hobby work for you once a week as well. Jim :cheers1:

roby 09-27-2016 06:41 PM

Nice fish Jim....

Seeing Jorge get rejected in the surf is commonplace. Actually, we now videotape him landing safely.

east county dirtbag 09-27-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 269717)
Hard life or hard fishing? Definitely worked hard my entire life. Cool cool, ECD...I don't know you and you don't know me but I've tried to fish every week pretty much my entire life. It doesn't take much money if you need it to be on the cheap, just the commitment. So when my 2nd daughter was born, the boat was sold and the fishing rods were put up in the rafters and the fishing pretty much stopped for 20 years. I'm now fishing every weekend again when weather and personal stuff doesn't conflict. And got the kayak thinking it wasn't going to cost me much at all...hahahahaha!!!! Hope you can make the same type of stress relieving hobby work for you once a week as well. Jim :cheers1:

I'm just jealous

Zed 09-27-2016 06:54 PM

X2
Right NOW would be a good time to be on the water.

Edit. And yes I know of the reef. Ive seen nice juicy wsb sitting off it while freedivin from marine room.

Aaron&Julie 09-27-2016 07:30 PM

Nice work you hard fishing dude, congrats and well-deserved.

ultimatejay 09-27-2016 07:45 PM

Nice catch and at night in a Kayak- that's crazy lol