Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Feel like being cheated (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30071)

Chet 10-03-2016 10:04 AM

Feel like being cheated

Hi guys,
I bought the AI from a member here when he contacted me via PM.
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=28991

I reminded him what parts/accessories need come with the sale before we meet. We agreed and met only to find out it's missing mirage drive plug and front hatch seal was missing.
He offered to send it to me later. Fast forward 4 months later, with a few PM, never got replied. Still see him online though.
It's not like a lot of money, but promise is promise. :mad:

octico 10-03-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet (Post 269986)
Hi guys,
I bought the AI from a member here when he contacted me via PM.
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=28991

I reminded him what parts/accessories need come with the sale before we meet. We agreed and met only to find out it's missing mirage drive plug and front hatch seal was missing.
He offered to send it to me later. Fast forward 4 months later, with a few PM, never got replied. Still see him online though.
It's not like a lot of money, but promise is promise. :mad:

I think I have an extra mirage drive plug. I will look at home, if you don't heard from me send me PM later tonight to remind me to look.

ful-rac 10-03-2016 10:30 AM

Who is this "member"? :confused:

I might have an extra one of those too...

YakDout 10-03-2016 01:48 PM

Put it on blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jorluivil 10-03-2016 02:35 PM

Well, it's safe to say that he has officially been put on notice and if he doesn't provide what he promised you have every right to call him out. I understand the whole "buyer beware' thing but like you said, a promise is a promise and if he doesn't come through call him out.........I would.

SDROB 10-03-2016 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 270001)
Well, it's safe to say that he has officially been put on notice and if he doesn't provide what he promised you have every right to call him out. I understand the whole "buyer beware' thing but like you said, a promise is a promise and if he doesn't come through call him out.........I would.

x2:D

Harry Hill 10-03-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 270001)

if he's on here he should see you posting and PM you with his intentions, if he doesn't I would call him out publicly.

ful-rac 10-03-2016 02:48 PM

Was it...

STINKYMATT?

YakDout 10-03-2016 02:48 PM

You can potentially save us from buying things from a seller who is not honest. Personally I wouldn't hesitate if you gave him his fair chance to come through on his word. Although you do not know for sure that his disappearance was not an emergency, I think its pretty unlikely

romspacenut 10-03-2016 02:54 PM

First, let me say it was me. When I met up with Chet, he did ask me about the plug. I did say that I may have it my garage. If I found it, I would ship it out to him. I never used it. So never kept track of it. As for the front seal, the original front seals came with the AI. I did mentioned to Chet when we met up that I had bought some Trim-Lok seals a while back to replace the original ones. Never got around to installing them. I've likely lost them accidentally threw them away. Sorry Chet, I do not find either of them. It's my fault for my communicating that to you regardless of my reasons.

octico 10-03-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romspacenut (Post 270007)
First, let me say it was me. When I met up with Chet, he did ask me about the plug. I did say that I may have it my garage. If I found it, I would ship it out to him. I never used it. So never kept track of it. As for the front seal, the original front seals came with the AI. I did mentioned to Chet when we met up that I had bought some Trim-Lok seals a while back to replace the original ones. Never got around to installing them. I've likely lost them accidentally threw them away. Sorry Chet, I do not find either of them. It's my fault for my communicating that to you regardless of my reasons.

Good for you for manning up! Shit happens.

Harry Hill 10-03-2016 03:15 PM

I'm glad he came forward, it's too bad it had to get to the point where someone thought they were being cheated but at least now he knows he has to get his parts elsewhere

Dannowar 10-03-2016 03:20 PM

It's a piece of f**king plastic and a piece of rubber. Stop whining you just got a new kayak.

HELLSTER INC. 10-03-2016 03:24 PM

Hold on,let me get some popcorn!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

YakDout 10-03-2016 03:40 PM

Holy chet

jorluivil 10-03-2016 03:56 PM

Yep.....chet happens

east county dirtbag 10-03-2016 04:18 PM

Lesson to be learned here, which is common sense anyways, is to get everything at once during a cash transaction. If not everything is provided at that time, the buyer has the ability to refuse the transaction. Holy Chet, what a concept.

Or .... you can return to the internet and be a crybaby about being cheated out of 30 dollars worth of parts on a 4000 dollar kayak

YakDout 10-03-2016 06:55 PM

Chet just hit the fan.

Oxbeast1210 10-03-2016 07:22 PM

I have a plug if you want it I never use it PM me an Adress i'll send it out soon as I can.

Oscar

Dave Legacy 10-03-2016 07:59 PM

Oh man, this really went sideways!