Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The most handsome fish in LJ (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=19354)

sharonkayak 08-27-2013 06:26 AM

The most handsome fish in LJ

1 Attachment(s)
I was out fishing an undisclosed spot, with some sort of irresistible bait . The date is not clear in my head. I thought I would give this fish a chance before you all go hunting him down. So yes I did release him. With all this talk about radiation in japan and some articles I have now gone vegan.

He was about 4 feet long, didn't put up to much of a fight. This is a good reason to keep long pliers on the boat. Which of course i didn't have!

Introducing the big bad wolf fish!

Raskal311 08-27-2013 06:39 AM

Err What the Hell?

beef78 08-27-2013 06:54 AM

Wow!

blitzburgh 08-27-2013 06:55 AM

Cool! I've caught my share of those while rockfishing. GNARLY. Definitely don't want your digits anywhere near that mouth :D

MrPatrick 08-27-2013 07:15 AM

Wolffish is probably one of the tastiest fish you can get locally. It would definitely come home with me.

Hondatom 08-27-2013 07:51 AM

It looks like a "mother-in-law" fish.

Dirty Curti 08-27-2013 08:22 AM

WTF!? I thought it was a tortoise. Never seen anything like it. It looks prehistoric.

YTHunter 08-27-2013 08:28 AM

Lovely Creature!

makobob 08-27-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPatrick (Post 168139)
Wolffish is probably one of the tastiest fish you can get locally. It would definitely come home with me.

2X, awesome eats!

easyday 08-27-2013 09:06 AM

The article's about radiation are far off and very biased. I can say this I was on one of the ships that responded to the incident and we had guus on shore not to far away helping clean up the debris from houses and what not. And we are all fine.

lterrero 08-27-2013 09:16 AM

If I see that thing at the end of my line I'll be total freaking out:eek: any how, congratulation for your catch:)

Hunters Pa 08-27-2013 09:40 AM

I think I dated his sister in college :cool:

taggermike 08-27-2013 09:56 AM

And we thought midship man were ugly. That's a unique species to put on your list of fish caught. They are actually pretty docile at boat side and nothing like a big thrashing, gnashing, snapping, moray.

I don't want to expose any secret spots, but how deep were you fishing?
Mike

Old Man in the Sea 08-27-2013 10:01 AM

Sharon> It is always funny...

when an old boyfriend who has really gone downhill lately due to drug use ...shows up on the water and comes up asking for a second chance...:biggrinjester:

Aaron&Julie 08-27-2013 10:51 AM

If people say, "It's very tasty", we're eating it, we don't care how ugly it is, and that fish is very ugly. Congrats on your very unique catch.

BTW, the chaos created by Japan's nuclear disaster, isn't going to stop us from eating local fish. When it's your time to go, it's your time to go. Many people die at our age, but it'd be nice to keep going for 2, 3, or 4 more decades, and still kayak fishing during most of them. Julie's "busia/busha" lived until she was 98, my grandparents til their 80s. So, what's a little radiation, it can't be much worse than what we did to ourselves in our youth, and over the years, but living the clean life now, just might make up for some of that, or so we hope :)

Ggiannig89 08-27-2013 10:57 AM

Had no clue we had those around here

sharonkayak 08-27-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Man in the Sea (Post 168168)
when an old boyfriend who has really gone downhill lately due to drug use ...shows up on the water and comes up asking for a second chance...:biggrinjester:

That's pretty funny!!!

For the record I was joking about being vegan. Don't worry I eat plenty of fish!

But I will say this guy didn't look very edible.

SASQUATCH 08-27-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondatom (Post 168143)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Best one I've heard in a while....

roby 08-28-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondatom (Post 168143)

Haha...you don't know how true that statement is for me.

Hobie-Pedaller 08-29-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonkayak (Post 168130)

....With all this talk about radiation in japan and some articles....

i do agree much of the hoopla regarding Japan's radiation contamination is VASTLY exploited by the "disaster" websites & news channels of the world. but as an engineer/physicist studying & working with radiation for years when i was younger, i also think it may be somewhat more of a future hazard all around Pacific ocean, than many are willing to acknowledge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyday (Post 168155)

The article's about radiation are far off and very biased. I can say this I was on one of the ships that responded to the incident and we had guus on shore not to far away helping clean up the debris from houses and what not. And we are all fine.

you are all fine now. hopefully it stays that way in future years.
radiation exposure is at times, not an immediately damaging problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie (Post 168174)

....what's a little radiation, it can't be much worse than what we did to ourselves in our youth, and over the years, but living the clean life now, just might make up for some of that, or so we hope :)

radiation is a very resilient contamination, and a very destructive item to humans & human tissue & cells.

if present, it is typically much worse than ANYTHING many of us did to ourselves with drugs/alcohol/partying in our younger days.