Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   360 virgin trip... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=34978)

Saba Slayer 03-18-2020 07:45 PM

360 virgin trip...

3 Attachment(s)
Found a weather window and jumped on it...the freezer was getting low and the markets are so darn crazy, I decided to get my own food...:eek:
I had my new 14' Pro Angler 360 out for the first time on the salt water after getting her beat-up as the demo boat at the Long Beach Show...
WOW...
I didn't think I needed the 360 but it sure works great...that 360 Mirage Drive was pretty cool once I found the fish and then wanted to get back over the spot after a bite and landing the fish...just crank those fins and spin around to re-set or to get the right angle for the approach on the next drop...
Yea...Yea...Yea...I know the new Pro Angler is expensive...
I'm just lucky to be on the Hobie Fishing Team and to get to work with the new gear...:cheers1:
:luxhello:...THANKS HOBIE...:luxhello:
Hopefully the technology will trickle down to the other Hobie kayaks and eventually become less expensive, cuz it's an amazing way to fish...it's like having bow thrusters on the kayak...LOL :rolleyes:
As some of you know, I'm a big fan of the Bixpy motors... (I have terrible arthritis)...the combo of the 360 Drive with the Bixpy Jet mounted on the back running at half speed is a great way to get that assist from the motor to keep up a good pace and still have the battery last all day.
When the motor is mounted on the back of a PA the turning radius is terrible...but with the 360 Drive you can just whip right around a sharp turn on the dime and re-set on the bite...:you_rock:
The fish were really deep (about 380') today, but once I found the school, they really bit the AHI Squirt rig well with some added squid strips and 8 ounces of lead...the Diawa Tanacom electric reel made prospecting those deeper waters a simple affair. :reel:
I love it when you can turn a few ounces of calamari into 20 pounds of fish...:notworthy:

jorluivil 03-18-2020 07:47 PM

electric reel

bixpy

what's next?

baitless, hookless automatic fish catching rig

matthew7! 03-18-2020 07:55 PM

How do you like those ahi rigs never used one but I like the way they look. I primary fish 100-250ft of water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saba Slayer 03-18-2020 07:55 PM

Bait boy

Now that you mention it...I need a new latino "bait boy" to bait the hooks and take the fish off those sharp hooks...
Did Coke lay you off yet...?...need a job...?
:cheers1: LOL

Saba Slayer 03-18-2020 08:08 PM

Squirts...

[QUOTE=matthew7!;305409]How do you like those ahi rigs never used one but I like the way they look. I primary fish 100-250ft of water?

I use the AHI Squirts all the time when I'm rockfishing...they are so simple to use. I like the Glow Pink best...:cheers1:
You open the package and they are already rigged with a swivel to the main line and a snap swivel for the weight...
We've caught some nice size fish and Lings on em...the main line and branch lines are pretty stout...
Good luck...:luxhello:

matthew7! 03-18-2020 08:20 PM

Is there a size that you prefer? Thanks for info

jorluivil 03-18-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saba Slayer (Post 305410)
Now that you mention it...I need a new latino "bait boy" to bait the hooks and take the fish off those sharp hooks...
Did Coke lay you off yet...?...need a job...?
:cheers1: LOL

LOL

we are so fricken busy, our outbound volume to the grocery chains/stores has tripled in the last two weeks

farmer 03-19-2020 08:03 AM

Jim just don't get Jorge to bait your hooks and unhook your fish He could hook up your new trailer also launch your new 360 also pull it up the ramp at the end of the day. Plus buy the beer. At least get your moneys worth cheers

Saba Slayer 03-19-2020 08:40 AM

Suirts

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=matthew7!;305412]Is there a size that you prefer? Thanks for info

There is only one size and they come in White Glow and Pink Glow...

Saba Slayer 03-19-2020 08:44 AM

too busy..

Good deal for you Jorge...you're lucky to have a job at this crazy time...:cheers1:

Farmer...trying to stir it up a little...LOL
:farmer:

blitzburgh 03-19-2020 12:39 PM

Nice work Jim! Good eats for sure

Saba Slayer 03-19-2020 01:32 PM

Thanks

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=blitzburgh;305421]Nice work Jim! Good eats for sure

Thanks Sarge...
That new trailer looks great under the PA and it pulls and loads so easily...
Thanks Again...!:cheers1:

tunaseeker 03-19-2020 01:56 PM

do you think the lings would like those?

TJones 03-19-2020 02:25 PM

I love it

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 305408)

electric reel

bixpy

what's next?

baitless, hookless automatic fish catching rig

thanks for sharing. care to share co-ordinates? ;)

Hunters Pa 03-20-2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tunaseeker (Post 305423)

Throw a diamond jig on instead of a weight for lings. Something like the Ahi Assault 8-14 ounce. I like the mackerel pattern. Just make sure you cut off one of the squirts as you can only use 2 hooks for rockfish
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/d...BJRU5ErkJggg==

Saba Slayer 03-20-2020 06:48 AM

Coordinates

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 305424)
thanks for sharing. care to share co-ordinates? ;)

Ha Ha...Very funny...what do I get...? the GPS coordinates to Red Lobster...?
:doh:
Rocks don't move...so we won't be sharing...LOL:linesnap:

Saba Slayer 03-20-2020 07:01 AM

Lings...

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tunaseeker (Post 305423)

I agree with Shawn..."Throw a diamond jig on instead of a weight for lings."
Most times the Lings want a bigger shiny offering or a Mack...but...even Elephants eat peanuts...
We caught this rockfish with a fresh Spot Prawn in its mouth...so I told Chuck to pin it on a hook and send it right down...as soon as that prawn hit the bottom the line started pealing off the reel and we had a nice one...
So...Yea...I guess you can get a Ling on the AHI Squirts...:cheers1:

farmer 03-20-2020 07:36 AM

Nice looking load of fish

TheBentRod 03-20-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saba Slayer (Post 305434)
Ha Ha...Very funny...what do I get...? the GPS coordinates to Red Lobster...?
:doh:
Rocks don't move...so we won't be sharing...LOL:linesnap:

:doh: X 2

daperrin 03-20-2020 04:24 PM

what area were you fishing in? I am trying to find a few places where I can go rock fishing. PM me please. Thanks!