Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Skunk Alley (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8243)

bigbarrels 09-07-2010 05:37 PM

Skunk Alley

Skunked in skunk alley today:)

OTW by 0600 and made perfect bait and then trolled one high and one low with no great marks on the FF and no signs of life on the surface. Watered temp was showing 63 degrees on the FF. Overcast and South wind was up early. There was a lot of kelp and eel grass everywhere, so trolling was a bit of a pain. I didn't have a bite and didn't see another person OTW hooked into anything significant or actually anything at all. Great day for a paddle and maybe I need to go to Baja to find me a fish:rolleyes: Abreojos trip lined up Oct 4-14th

The launch was wide open when I landed with ankle slappers and no tourist around

FARRIER 09-07-2010 06:17 PM

sounds like everytime I fish!Wish I was lucky enough to make it out today. I got sidelined. How was the water color?? I noticed some interesting algeas the other day.

bigbarrels 09-07-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FARRIER (Post 64253)
sounds like everytime I fish!Wish I was lucky enough to make it out today. I got sidelined. How was the water color?? I noticed some interesting algeas the other day.

Hey Patrick, figured you were sidelined today but really not a bad day to be sidelined. Hard to say on the water color with all the cloud cover but I would guess more on the green side

Geoffkoop 09-08-2010 09:07 AM

Sounds identical to Monday.

dsafety 09-08-2010 09:44 AM

So with the fishing so slow, should we save our biggest bait for the weigh-in at the Moyer tournament?

Bob

-scallywag- 09-08-2010 09:47 AM

yes......mac's are weighable fish!!! get there early and collect your 500+ bucks for that 3lb mega mac!!

:cheers1:

Jim Sammons LJKF 09-08-2010 10:15 AM

The only way a mac will be eligable is if it weighs over 10 pounds

sandydiego 09-08-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF (Post 64285)
The only way a mac will be eligable is if it weighs over 10 pounds

You better bring a metal detector Jim. I can see the fully leaded Macs now! Ha.

Jim Sammons LJKF 09-08-2010 10:41 AM

Historically the big fish have cooperated very well for this tournament. With so many great anglers on the water I am not worried about getting a fish in that will hit the mark. And if not the Charity will be getting a bunch of cash. :luxhello:

sandydiego 09-08-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF (Post 64288)
Historically the big fish have cooperated very well for this tournament. With so many great anglers on the water I am not worried about getting a fish in that will hit the mark. And if not the Charity will be getting a bunch of cash. :luxhello:

The charity angle was how I sold it to the wife. We have several friends and family cancer survivors and non-survivors. It's great that we can do this and have some fun.

jrenteri2045 09-08-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydiego (Post 64286)
You better bring a metal detector Jim. I can see the fully leaded Macs now! Ha.

haha thats funny.