Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rod and gear leashes (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29223)

NY4Reels! 05-31-2016 08:56 PM

Rod and gear leashes

10 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to see if there is any interest on this site for my product. A friend of mine suggested that I offer these up here.

He'said been trying to get me out on the Kayak more often, but I have to admit that I'm a lazy fisherman and mostly float tube.

The idea/application is the same

After coming close to losing my rods and gear over the side while float tubing I decided to make my own rod and gear leashes. Some of my friends already had lost several items and they thought it was a good idea too.

After using them for several years I decided to make and sell them and see how it would go.

I could make them to any length that you like. They could not only be used to tie down rods. They could be used for nets, pliers, hook removal tools, oars, paddles, fins, whatever you don't want to lose!

I could make paracord leashes in just about any color, but the shock cord only comes in black.

The carabiners are aluminum alloy and the key chain rings are stainless steel.
the paracord is 550 seven strand and the shock cord is marine grade.

They can be used in any fashion, with or without the key ring or tie wrap.

Also available are matching handmade paracord survival bracelets with and without buckle (Madd Maxx style)

These are proudly made by a US Navy veteran and fellow fisherman.

4' paracord leash $5.95
5' paracord leash $6.95

4' shock cord leash $7.95
5' shock cord leash $8.95

Bracelets $7.50

Shipping for up to two leashes $3.00

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

NY4Reels! 05-31-2016 08:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics

lehighosprey 06-01-2016 02:09 AM

Do u have Web site ?Like to see some pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

NY4Reels! 06-01-2016 06:07 AM

No sorry Lehighpspery. I just make a few here and there when I have free time.

I could make you any length or color though. Are you looking for anything in particular?

NY4Reels! 06-20-2016 06:57 PM

Bump

Dannowar 06-21-2016 09:21 AM

It's a piece of cord tied to a buckle.....you're really gonna try and peddle these?

NY4Reels! 06-21-2016 05:16 PM

Go make one yourself if you think you could do better....

2-Stix 06-21-2016 08:08 PM

I really appreciate you taking the time to post images, build these and offer them to the community. Your a stand up guy.

NY4Reels! 06-21-2016 08:33 PM

Thank you 2-Stix! Much appreciated.

NICKWORN 06-22-2016 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made these out of weed-eater line and para-cord, I used aluminum crimps and heat shrink. They work awesome and keep their memory really well. Total cost per cord $3.00

FYI im not trying to sell, just showing NY4 another option people may like better.

DanaPT 06-22-2016 07:57 AM

Kayak innovations: I'm convinced... if I thought of it... it's been done before. A lot of creative minds (a few crazy ones too) in this activity. The innovation thread is full of great ideas. Some you may be able to make better.

The best part of kayak fishing for me is making crap to use on the water. Leashes, hook removers, knots, your favorite fish killing rig, etc.

I've been using old cell phone coiled charges. CUt the ends and zip tie stainless steel or brass fixtures. cost breakdown:
- old phone coiled charger (free if you can find them).
- stainless steel s- clips ($5 for 7, it's a key chain with small stainless s-clips)
- zip ties (.25)?

the work bitchen. and cost less than, $2.00 to make.

keep innovating!

NICKWORN 06-22-2016 08:53 AM

I think I saw your post on that innovation page. Great Idea as well. Your right tho, the joy of building something yourself is way more satisfying then buying it.