Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Where's MakoBob (UPDATED) (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28962)

walrus 05-02-2016 03:52 PM

Where's MakoBob (UPDATED)

Saturday April 30th, 2:30 AM it was reported MakoBob was seen leaving his house with Kayak? Where did he go.

At 7:00 am he was seen in Needles at a Denny's?

At 6:00 PM he was seen entering Oklahoma.

The next morning he was seen going into a truck stop diner in Arkansas.

What is he up to? Maybe we'll get a report later?

Did he get lost on his way to Baja?

Just in, he was seen in a Walmart in Mayfield Kentucky???

ful-rac 05-02-2016 03:58 PM

Maybe his GPS is malfunctioning like this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0Qvc6_MfQ

Mr. NiceGuy 05-02-2016 08:55 PM

MakoBob joins People of Walmart. That's a visual ;)

Plumb Bob 05-03-2016 05:31 AM

Walmart could always use a Great Greeter!

defjack 05-03-2016 07:41 AM

He went to Alabama for 2 weeks.

Mahigeer 05-03-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walrus (Post 260221)
Saturday April 30th, 2:30 AM it was reported MakoBob was seen leaving his house with Kayak? Where did he go.

At 7:00 am he was seen in Needles at a Denny's?

At 6:00 PM he was seen entering Oklahoma.

The next morning he was seen going into a truck stop diner in Arkansas.

What is he up to? Maybe we'll get a report later?

Did he get lost on his way to Baja?

Just in, he was seen in a Walmart in Mayfield Kentucky???

Wow. Good network of reporters out there.

I too remember him posting about his trip to east.

Hope he has safe journey there and back.

Deamon 05-03-2016 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 260274)
Wow. Good network of reporters out there.

Hope he has safe journey there and back.

Bob was the 1946 Calexico Valley Noodling Champion, Limited Division
Heard Wally's got some spots in Kentucky that he and the brothers are afraid to put their arms into...

Mr. NiceGuy 05-03-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plumb Bob (Post 260258)
Walmart could always use a Great Greeter!

http://www.backtboyz.com/assets/member%20pics/Doby.jpg

makobob 05-14-2016 11:14 AM

Clack Brothers Kentucky 2016

Kentucky road trip.
4400 road miles logged.
$600 in fuel costs.
17.8 MPG.
Diesel best price was $1.96.
Gas best price was $1.85.

Driving time was 33 hours each way. I-15 to I-40 all roads fair to good. WORST Rest Stops were in Oklahoma, almost all were closed. We stopped for fuel, food and numerous pit stops. There were 3 of us in the truck with 2 kayaks going and 3 yaks returning. Mileage going was 18.6, so it was better with 2 yaks.

We camped at Land between the Lakes. Back country camping permit was $7 for 3 days, we stayed 9 days for $21 per person, it let us set up our gear almost anywhere, including in camp sites, or out in the middle of nowhere.
15 Day Kentucky Fishing license was $40.

Very enjoyable trip, weather had the fish off the beds so fishing was not GREAT. We still caught Cats to about 6-7 lbs, bass, blue gill, and crappie.
Camp meals were fantastic. We decided to do it again NEXT year.

Gr8fuldude 05-14-2016 01:28 PM

Glad you had a good time, Roberto! You're living the dream, brother!

walrus 05-14-2016 04:12 PM

Powerboat Fishermen on Kentucky Lake are Great.

1. NEARLY ALL, would cut back their 150 to 200 HP engines and idle past or pass a kayak far away and they always smiled and waved a hello.

2. They would ask how we were doing, what we were fishing for then give good current information.

3. If they found us already in spot they wanted to fish, they just moved elsewhere and came back after we moved on.

4. Fishing tournaments are held there nearly every weekend, some are for kayaks. some for pros, some for the disabled, and some for the military vets, etc.

To sum it up, if you're serious about fishing Kentucky Lake should be on your bucket list.

Sorry there are no pictures, but that is another long story in itself. Everyone we talked to, said the fishing was a little off this year due to unusual weather, due to the El Nino.

walrus 05-14-2016 04:15 PM

Thanks Makobob for using your truck. It was comfortable and your company a pleasure.

makobob 05-15-2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walrus (Post 261187)
Thanks Makobob for using your truck. It was comfortable and your company a pleasure.

Ben the pleasure was all mine, your brothers were awesome AGAIN. Looking forward to doing it again next year. See you all in Gonzaga.

SDROB 05-15-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walrus (Post 261186)
Powerboat Fishermen on Kentucky Lake are Great.

Sorry there are no pictures, but that is another long story in itself. Everyone we talked to, said the fishing was a little off this year due to unusual weather, due to the El Nino.

Did someone steal your camera? You always take good photos I was def looking forward to seen some from Kentucky.

makobob 05-16-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 260295)
Bob was the 1946 Calexico Valley Noodling Champion, Limited Division
Heard Wally's got some spots in Kentucky that he and the brothers are afraid to put their arms into...

1956 CHAMPION I was only 8 years old. Nice one Jim!!!!!!

Kayak_Bernie 05-17-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 261162)
Kentucky road trip.
4400 road miles logged.
$600 in fuel costs.
17.8 MPG.
Diesel best price was $1.96.
Gas best price was $1.85.

Driving time was 33 hours each way. I-15 to I-40 all roads fair to good. WORST Rest Stops were in Oklahoma, almost all were closed. We stopped for fuel, food and numerous pit stops. There were 3 of us in the truck with 2 kayaks going and 3 yaks returning. Mileage going was 18.6, so it was better with 2 yaks.

We camped at Land between the Lakes. Back country camping permit was $7 for 3 days, we stayed 9 days for $21 per person, it let us set up our gear almost anywhere, including in camp sites, or out in the middle of nowhere.
15 Day Kentucky Fishing license was $40.

Very enjoyable trip, weather had the fish off the beds so fishing was not GREAT. We still caught Cats to about 6-7 lbs, bass, blue gill, and crappie.
Camp meals were fantastic. We decided to do it again NEXT year.

Hey Bob!,

I grew up in Ohio and we would take an annual trip to LbL every year when I was in high school and college. We started fishing out of our bass boat, but in college we started to mess around with some kayaks! Thats when I was truly hooked on one of those Lake Barkley trips, my best friend caught a 6.5 lb. smallmouth bass and that trip we logged over 15 species of fish, and some really big bass and crappie. I would LOVE to come with you guys next year. I could even show you some of my honey holes. !!! It was cool you went out there!!

makobob 05-17-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayak_Bernie (Post 261402)
Hey Bob!,

I grew up in Ohio and we would take an annual trip to LbL every year when I was in high school and college. We started fishing out of our bass boat, but in college we started to mess around with some kayaks! Thats when I was truly hooked on one of those Lake Barkley trips, my best friend caught a 6.5 lb. smallmouth bass and that trip we logged over 15 species of fish, and some really big bass and crappie. I would LOVE to come with you guys next year. I could even show you some of my honey holes. !!! It was cool you went out there!!

I will have to talk to the brothers and see how they feel about it. See you soon.