Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LJ 7-16 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=22680)

battleborn 07-16-2014 09:35 PM

LJ 7-16

Bleak.
On the water around 11 stayed till 430ish. Low swell. water 72 deg. Greenbacks in the tank. Trolled, threw irons, droppers for nada. Talked with PB and they had nothing. Saw 3 other yaks out a ways and did not appear that anyone was getting hooked up. Paying dues.

467echo 07-16-2014 09:37 PM

keep charging, they are out there:yt:

Dannowar 07-16-2014 10:06 PM

Dove around the nw corner kelp right around 4-sunset. Pretty slow as well. Nothing white, yellow or brown. Definitely some black and red though.

SLYACKER 07-17-2014 08:58 AM

I was out yesterday with easyday and was pretty slow for us as well, fished the NW corner got slammed hard around noon but spit it! Most exciting part of my day was snapping my Graphtech rod in half trying to clear a snag!!!

Sent using Tapatalk

bolocop 07-17-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLYACKER (Post 200584)
I was out yesterday with easyday and was pretty slow for us as well, fished the NW corner got slammed hard around noon but spit it! Most exciting part of my day was snapping my Graphtech rod in half trying to clear a snag!!!

Sent using Tapatalk

I was given some advice by a buddy at work. When clearing a snag, always take the money out of it. What he meant was to use a cleat or something on the kayak to wrap the line around and then go as fast as you can! No more busted rods after doing this.

SLYACKER 07-17-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolocop (Post 200600)
I was given some advice by a buddy at work. When clearing a snag, always take the money out of it. What he meant was to use a cleat or something on the kayak to wrap the line around and then go as fast as you can! No more busted rods after doing this.

Unfortunately i didnt have many options, once o got hung up in what im guessing was kelp i barely pulled and SNAP! Right in half... Im trying to have it replaced but i cannot find the company (graftech) online!!

Sent using Tapatalk

bolocop 07-17-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLYACKER (Post 200601)
Unfortunately i didnt have many options, once o got hung up in what im guessing was kelp i barely pulled and SNAP! Right in half... Im trying to have it replaced but i cannot find the company (graftech) online!!

Sent using Tapatalk

Hope you can find the manufacturer. I had an Abu Garcia that busted the same way and the company gave me a new rod.

The other tip I got, which I still use today is instead of bending the rod to clear the snag, point the tip at the snag and pull in the opposite direction. Then at least you're taking the rod out of play.

Lipripper92592 07-17-2014 03:05 PM

Sometimes the rod is just a lemon, factory form mass production = opportunity for failure. I've had a few over the years, better to bust on a snag, than on a pig YT or WSB, at least the letdown is not as great!

Widgeon 07-17-2014 05:27 PM

Thanks for the report.
I may head out for the third consecutive Sunday. That last two be nag similar to your experience.
But, it's time on the water.:D
Conditions can change radically from day to day.

fishingfiend 07-17-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLYACKER (Post 200601)

Sent using Tapatalk

Check out Turners Outdoorsman store for support. They used to sell the Graphtech's with a lifetime warranty. You used to be able to walk out with a replacement if they had it. Not sure if that's the case anymore, but worth a shot...

SLYACKER 07-17-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingfiend (Post 200619)
Check out Turners Outdoorsman store for support. They used to sell the Graphtech's with a lifetime warranty. You used to be able to walk out with a replacement if they had it. Not sure if that's the case anymore, but worth a shot...

I went into turners today and its a 5 year warranty if your have a receipt if not you have to pay $50 to replace it

Sent using Tapatalk

h2ofishfo 07-17-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLYACKER (Post 200631)
I went into turners today and its a 5 year warranty if your have a receipt if not you have to pay $50 to replace it

Sent using Tapatalk

from what I've heard graph tech got bought out by someone else but could be wrong .thats probaly why u can't find them