Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   If you catch them they will come (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=37053)

yakjoe 07-18-2022 09:35 AM

If you catch them they will come

1 Attachment(s)
I catch 5
20 kayaks showed up that never fish the area
every one that fished before covid will know what I mean
every one that picked up fishing during covid will not

JohnMckroidJr 07-18-2022 10:04 AM

It must suck having your :reel: spot invaded. Your catches are inspirational, hope you keep em coming......

BenCantrell 07-18-2022 10:49 AM

Take it as a compliment!

hook1fred 07-18-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakjoe (Post 317792)
I catch 5

Been fishing a little bit before Covid and I’m not sure what spot you’re referring too ��. I personally don’t think you can own a spot regardless of how long you’ve been fishing it but be respectful if someone is on something good and give them some room.

sampei 07-18-2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hook1fred (Post 317801)
I personally don’t think you can own a spot regardless of how long you’ve been fishing

Agree 100%
Unfortunately some do think they own the ocean. It's ridiculous

dos ballenas 07-18-2022 06:08 PM

Well no sheet Yakjoe... you are the best kayak fisherman to ever live! We all live for your posts and envy you so much!

Another year and you will have been on this website for your first decade! Congrats!

I put a GPS tag on your piece of plastic two years ago so I can track your worldly adventures... apparently you have not found it yet? I personally sent those 20 kayakers to your exact GPS numbers :)

Good luck :the_finger:

yakjoe 07-19-2022 10:56 AM

See I told you so many not true (fisherman) there is a differents between (Fishermen). reed the comments that's not a fishermen that's a fisherman

hook1fred 07-19-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakjoe (Post 317810)
See I told you so many not true (fisherman) there is a differents between (Fishermen). reed the comments that's not a fishermen that's a fisherman

Haha okay…… not sure who you are referring too. Good luck out there and stay off MY spot that I’ve been fishing years before you started yak fishing :D

dsafety 07-19-2022 07:47 PM

Nothing but respect

I have been a member of this group since 2008. I used to fish a lot but these days, I do not have the patience that some of you have, and am unwilling to go out day after day and be skunked time after time.

That said, I still linger and hope that the fish will come back one day. Then a post like this shows up. It tells me something that we all probably know but do not bring to the front of our mind often enough. Good fishers will usually catch fish. What makes an average fisher turn into a good fisher? Time on the water is probably the best answer.

None of us own the ocean. The guys who put their time in will figure the correct techniques and where to be in order to be successful. Sure, there will be some who try to improve their chances by getting close to those who have already learned the secrets. I don't really have a problem with this because the best fishers will always still catch fish and if some of their skills rub off on a few, maybe they will become the next generation.

Congratulations on a very successful day. I am still waiting for my first keeper Halibut.

Bob

jruiz 07-20-2022 06:02 AM

Thanks for the invite. I'll pick up a halibut on my way up to get in on the hot salmon fishing in the bay area

monkeyfishturds 07-21-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakjoe (Post 317792)
I catch 5

You telegraph your location with a picture of the Hollister Ranch in the back ground. Then you complain about the circus of kayakers you created yourself. How dumb do you have to be?

People will never learn, like the buffalo, most things are not an infinite resource.

mrJB 07-21-2022 01:25 PM

Posting pictures of yourself (aka "look at me") expecting a little notoriety, often brings some unanticipated consequences. Your braggadocio from a few years back is well documented.

It's simple - post pictures of your successful fishing, others will seek out your location. Keep your catches to yourself and you'll keep your secret spots to yourself. It's really up to you...notoriety or tranquility.

monkeyfishturds 07-21-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrJB (Post 317829)
Posting pictures of yourself (aka "look at me") expecting a little notoriety, often brings some unanticipated consequences. Your braggadocio from a few years back is well documented.

It's simple - post pictures of your successful fishing, others will seek out your location. Keep your catches to yourself and you'll keep your secret spots to yourself. It's really up to you...notoriety or tranquility.

It's not bragging. Stoking others with your catches is a good thing.
Posting adventures is why this site exists.

Posting locations is just stupidity. The buffalo use to be the largest bio-mass on earth. Where are they now?

MITCHELL 07-21-2022 03:25 PM

3 million

To 500.000 in the wild....wish I had me a tag.

MITCHELL 07-21-2022 04:39 PM

🦬

1 Attachment(s)
Tatanka

f'nsabiki 07-23-2022 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know where this one went.

jorluivil 07-25-2022 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrJB (Post 317829)

It's more than "well documented", we have our own Yakjoe lingo within our group.

jorluivil 07-25-2022 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakjoe (Post 317810)

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/m...dd4f764f2.jpeg

TJones 07-25-2022 12:42 PM

you should have never

showed Hector your spot. :eek:

MITCHELL 07-26-2022 02:58 AM

There's leaders....

1 Attachment(s)
And there's followers....