Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Corona Lake report (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=16553)

RedSledTeam 01-04-2013 12:16 PM

Corona Lake report

10 Attachment(s)
I took the Team to Corona Lake to pursue the Jumbo Trout:reel:. We started off with great expectations; after all Corona is a beautiful Lake with green hills in the back drop and trees all around, Attachment 8098
and plenty of room for parking your transport vehicles.Attachment 8099
Are we having fun yet? Attachment 8100:farmer:
We rounded the corner and discovered it was "Fish Stocking Day!" :luxhello:Attachment 8101
We saw lots of huge Jumbo Trout go into the water, but we couldn't get any to bite, only the smaller ones. One of the more "crafty" shore fisherman developed his "snagging" (not allowed) technique to fruition as he managed to snag a 12 pounder right in front of us and through us!!! With all the yelling, splashing and cursing and weights, hooks and line flying it felt like we were in the "combat zone!" Full speed ahead, I approached one fella on the shore who repeatedly cast his line at us, he promptly ran away when I jumped out of the kayak to untie his hook from my son's line. Yep, his weighted treble hook with 40 lb line is not the proper gear for this lake. After calming way down, I thought about the real reason I was here.... Attachment 8102Attachment 8103Attachment 8104
To have fun and catch fish!
Attachment 8105Attachment 8106Attachment 8107
also got to break-in our new Sled the Olive Oasis..
What a great day it turned out to be!! Life with kayaks is great!! :D

Wayne_R 01-04-2013 12:56 PM

Nice stringerzzzz. Sorry bout a-holes here in the IE, there are plenty of them. Way to forget about it and enjoy the day. That's the way it should be.

ful-rac 01-04-2013 01:01 PM

Looks like you guys had a pretty good day out there! I warned you about those assholes at that lake! Its war out there everytime...so I don't go there anymore. It's almost like they want to kill you for being in their way...glad you guys had a good trip. Hopefully we'll get a irvine fish/camp trip together here soon.

wade 01-04-2013 01:17 PM

Nice report, Romanator killin it!:reel:

StinkyMatt 01-04-2013 02:37 PM

Kids fishing = good time

Dad fishing = good time

Kids and Dad fishing together = great memories.

Whenever you and Roman put a report together it brings a smile to my face.

:luxhello:

bus kid 01-04-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 143558)
Hopefully we'll get a irvine fish/camp trip together here soon.

Hurry up and plan it already. :D

ful-rac 01-04-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkyMatt (Post 143567)
Kids fishing = good time

Dad fishing = good time

Kids and Dad fishing together = great memories.

Whenever you and Roman put a report together it brings a smile to my face.

:luxhello:

Oh how wonderful! when ed and roman put a report together for matt and makes him smile...it brings a smile to my face as well!

Get OUTTA HERE!!!!;)

PE.rider 01-05-2013 12:49 AM

Always great to see the sport pass on to the next generation of yakkers

JarrodMc 01-05-2013 02:38 PM

Nice day on the water. bummer about the asses out there though. let's do that camping/fishing trip. i'm in!

Dail14 01-05-2013 02:42 PM

Where were the catfish in the lake? I know there are probably some at the dam but in the pictures it lookes like you caught the largest on some other part of the lake.

RedSledTeam 01-05-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dail14 (Post 143643)
Where were the catfish in the lake? I know there are probably some at the dam but in the pictures it lookes like you caught the largest on some other part of the lake.

The catfish were caught at the same place we caught the trout, but on different baits. There's only so many places to fish at Corona and with kayaks, the Lake gets really small!

RedSledTeam 01-05-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 143558)
Looks like you guys had a pretty good day out there! I warned you about those assholes at that lake! Its war out there everytime...so I don't go there anymore. It's almost like they want to kill you for being in their way...glad you guys had a good trip. Hopefully we'll get a irvine fish/camp trip together here soon.

Yep! Thanks for the warning Tony, it helped with the outcome. We're ready for the Irvine Camp/fish thing now. Here check out this Camp/kayak video...it put me to sleep....This Cowboy is so gear intensive its funny!!! Who paddles a Pro Angler like that?
the embed didn't work.. here's the link.. http://www.youtube.com/embed/_WCfzFilMBU"

roby 01-05-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 143576)
Oh how wonderful! when ed and roman put a report together for matt and makes him smile...it brings a smile to my face as well!

Get OUTTA HERE!!!!;)

x2

Looks like you had some serious fun with the boys. We'll have to make it out there with you one of these days....

steveooo 01-05-2013 10:50 PM

Cool, I Like it! :luxhello:

I'd be game for a day out there :linesnap:

packeryakker 01-13-2013 08:55 AM

Corona can be a litte dicey with the yaks, my son and I went out on 1-6 and rented a boat. Same BS on the water with other boaters. We did however happen to be in the right place at the right time and rescue a father and son team when they flipped their boat. Dad was a non-swimmer and son was barely better. We got there in time and pulled them both in the boat. Neither were wearing a PFD and dad was going down when we got there. We were happy we were close enough to get them out of the water and safely to shore. It was pretty cold and they were both dressed for it = heavy when wet. Lesson, if you cant swim or are a marginal swimmer please wear a PFD, that situation could have been ugly. Be safe!

taggermike 01-13-2013 12:48 PM

Great photos. Those smiles are priceless. And damn good job not letting an asshole ruin your day. Mike