Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Squidco SD Rocks (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=19791)

todd one 10-11-2013 03:07 PM

Squidco SD Rocks

I just wanted to take a minute to plug Squidco, or blast Fisherman Landing, how ever you want to look at it. A few days ago I purchased a Seeker SHS 70L-7 at Squidco. After tax and a 10% discount, because that's what they do, it came out to $255. Today I was at Fisherman's landing. I saw the same rod for $328 plus tax. That's $99 dollars more than I paid. When I got home, before posting this I call Fisherman's with the number on my rod to make sure it was the same rod and to get a price. I wanted to make sure I wasn't posting a false accusation. Sure enough, same rod, $100 more.

If you're looking to purchase a new rod, Squidco is definitely worth checking out..

HeavyDrag 10-11-2013 06:26 PM

Squidco has always been the best place to buy everything. Joey will always hook you up right!

makobob 10-11-2013 07:22 PM

You should have seen them in the early 80's, when it was Jay's crew. Still the best!

roadx 10-11-2013 07:46 PM

squidco :you_rock:

todd one 10-11-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 172255)
You should have seen them in the early 80's, when it was Jay's crew. Still the best!

Wow the early 80's. I was buying all my gear at Longs Drugs and fishing Mia Mar lake back then.

Drake 10-11-2013 07:50 PM

I give almost all of my Business to Charkbait because they always give a 10% BWE/Military discount, they are always down to just hang out and shoot the shit and know their regulars by name. However, when it comes to buying certain things like Rods and Squid Jigs, no body can compete with Squidco's pricing and their turn around rod repairs is damn fast.

Both have their ups and downs.

todd one 10-11-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 172259)
I give almost all of my Business to Charkbait because they always give a 10% BWE/Military discount, they are always down to just hang out and shoot the shit and know their regulars by name. However, when it comes to buying certain things like Rods and Squid Jigs, no body can compete with Squidco's pricing and their turn around rod repairs is damn fast.

Both have their ups and downs.

Yeah, the reels were a little less expensive, but the rod were the only thing I saw that was a crazy difference in price. I'll be buying all my rods there.

skrilla 10-11-2013 09:27 PM

No doubt that Joey and the crew at Squidco rock. Thumbs up to Mike and crew at Chark too. But no reason to blast Fisherman's. Those guys have treated me right everytime I needed to grab something last minute or absolutely needed parts when everyone else was backordered.

johnnybingbong 10-12-2013 01:02 AM

Todd

YOU'RE All Late. heheheheheheheh

captnblood34 10-12-2013 06:23 AM

Good call Todd, way to look out for the next guy. Can't please everybody though.... that's for sure.....

Linglifter 10-12-2013 07:09 AM

Squidco is where I shop for sure Joey and Dinero are great guys.

taggermike 10-14-2013 08:44 AM

Joey and his staff have always been cool to me and very friendly to deal with. The prices are the lowest I have found as well. I've noticed some tackle shops have an inclusive feel to them while others make you feel like you need to be a bro or know the secret hand shake to get treated right.
Mike

Siebler 10-14-2013 08:53 AM

Joey is the only tackle shop I go to for saltwater stuff. Also the only store I have ever seen offer customers something cold to drink while they shop.

Little things they do to make customers feel welcome make Squidco the only place I send our customers when they ask about tackle.

lterrero 10-14-2013 08:56 AM

Squidco & the people there are great!!:)

ful-rac 10-14-2013 09:05 AM

Somebody has to pay rockcod ricks salary.....

Baja_Traveler 10-15-2013 12:28 PM

Bought my last two rods at squidco.
Remember the old warehouse down under the Coronado bridge with the 1200 lb blue marlin mount?
In highschool it was a dream world for me - man how I used to love that place...

outdoorzen 10-15-2013 01:14 PM

SQUIDCO has always been the best for me too. I have been shopping there since the early 90s and they have always made me feel like family. FL folks seems to be more concerned with the long rangers/big spenders, not the little guy buying a few plastics and leadheads (great selection though). SQUIDCO has never made me feel like that, love those guys!

Jimmyz123 10-15-2013 01:40 PM

Anyone remember the Fisherman's Supply Shops that use to be here in San Diego? They had stores in I.B., Chula Vista, and I think a couple of other locations. They use to sell the mass produced products, but also their own products. I use to love the service there, the products they had. Not sure what happened or why they closed those stores, but I'm sure glad the 1 location still exists. These guys know how to take care of customers.

walrus 10-15-2013 02:28 PM

Just got back from there, Still the same great service and good prices. The shop is about the size of my garage but always has what I need.

todd one 10-15-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walrus (Post 172474)
Just got back from there, Still the same great service and good prices. The shop is about the size of my garage but always has what I need.

What did you pick up?